OK about jobs!?!

A place to talk about... anything!
Toren
Tomcat

OK about jobs!?!

Post by Toren »

I heard at high lvl monsters a RNG dosen't do any dmg, anyone know if this is true.
They arent even looked at to be in battles with high lvl'd named monsters.
I know i got till march(hopefully Jan or Feb) but i was going to be a RNG/SAM
If any one can shed some light on this thx..
[img]http://mywebpage.netscape.com/MaryAliceDa/twmr01.jpg[/img]

Might just go WHM/SMN if Meeyutu makes me a new SIG :) :)

Ha just think of the DMG i can do.....[RNG/SAM] :)

Kyuba No Michi Clan
Amiricle
Big Cat

Post by Amiricle »

I dont know where you heard that, but it is incorrect. At high levels, Rng has the HIGHEST damage output of any job. Unfortunately, the drawback to this is that you have to spend a freakin whackload of gil to get there.
The problem with rng being overlooked is this,,..You gotta spend a lot o gil. Many take shortcuts, and dont use thier ranged attacks to the maximum effectiveness, shooting as often as they can. This means that they arent likely to have thier weapon skill anywhere near maxed out. That combined with the rangers accuracy issues to begin with, means they will miss a lot making it a less than ideal choice for parties. On the other hand, if you invest the time and gil, keep your ranged weapon skills maxed and invest in a lot of ranged accuracy boosting items...ranger is extremely deadly.
FFXI~ Cactuar: Isania // Midgardsormyr: Amiricle // Bismark: Amiricle & Kaust
FFXIV~ Sargotanas ~ Ami'a Mihgo
Toren
Tomcat

Post by Toren »

outside of the gil for armor and stuff. I was gonna make my guild skills high so i can make arrows and stuff. I was gonna practice guild skills the whole time i was a WAR and then they might be high enuf when i become a decent RNG, if i keep practicing. I'm also gonna lvl a THF to around 15
[img]http://mywebpage.netscape.com/MaryAliceDa/twmr01.jpg[/img]

Might just go WHM/SMN if Meeyutu makes me a new SIG :) :)

Ha just think of the DMG i can do.....[RNG/SAM] :)

Kyuba No Michi Clan
Fayin
Feral Cat

Re: OK about jobs!?!

Post by Fayin »

Toren wrote:I heard at high lvl monsters a RNG dosen't do any dmg, anyone know if this is true.
They arent even looked at to be in battles with high lvl'd named monsters...
Holy sh*t I thought I'd stepped through a time portal into an EQ post!
[b]-Fayin-[/b]
46WHM   43BLM   48THF   21WAR
59+1 Cooking   58+1 Woodworking   25 Fishing

[b]-Entourage-[/b]
Name                     Lv     GB   MHE Aketon  Warp
Fayinsjeunomule   1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinssandymule  1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinswindymule  1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinsbastymule   1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]

[size=75]"omg Ebay..."[/size]
Creve
Tomcat

Post by Creve »

I heard that Rng indeed have highest physical damage in the game. Emphasis on "physical" damage. However the highest damage overal I heard is done with black magic. I have also heard that it will come to a point where you cannot defeat a monster without using black magic since it's physical defenses will be so utterly....godly.
Amiricle
Big Cat

Post by Amiricle »

Not so, a 'maxed out' ranger will out-damage even a black mage at high levels incorporating weapons skills. Sidewinder, for example, averages around 1500 damage, and can charge your TP bar near 3 quarters full again. A properly outfitted ranger with his/her ranged weapon skills maxed or near-maxed out has hands-down the highest damage output of any job. There is, however, a steep price to pay in gil to get to this point. Also, I should mention that unless one does invest the time (and more inmportantly, the gil) into developing this job to its fullest......you will suck. That is you will miss...a lot...and that will make you seem to suck....
FFXI~ Cactuar: Isania // Midgardsormyr: Amiricle // Bismark: Amiricle & Kaust
FFXIV~ Sargotanas ~ Ami'a Mihgo