Women. Can't live with 'em, can't kill 'em.

A place to talk about... anything!
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

Tysbil you've lost your liscence once before? Bad kitty >.>

Yea, Orlanda is full of crazy, bad and blind drivers who all seem to like going at 80 mph.

Like Keavy, I try to stay within or just over the speed limit up here but that's mostly in defense of the crazy drivers up here. If they crash into me or cause an accident they can't blame me for driving like a crazy maniac.

It was a big adjustment for me when we moved up here. In ATL it was often a good idea to stay with the pace of traffic- even if it was 30+ miles above the posted speed limit.

Down there in the morning rush hour I always had to smile at the big digital traffic status signs across the highway. They'd always say something like:

Exit 102- 5 miles
ETA- 10 mins
Speed Limit: 65 mph
Average Travel Speed: 87 mph :lol: :lol:

BTW, whereabouts in ATL Tivia?
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Okuza
Feral Cat

Post by Okuza »

I'm of Tsybil's persuasion -- I try to keep it under 100mph. That's the "exhibition of speed" limit (a 2 point violation). I'm one of the few polite speeders, though. I don't weave madly around traffic just to maintain my 90mp habbit or run up on someone's bumper to scare them off the road.

You just have to be smart about it to avoid tickets. It's always fun in traffic school to answer the question "so why are you here? and how fast were you going?" with 95mph. Gets a lot of eyebrows. You can't go to traffic school unless the cop writes you up for going only 72 or less (limit is 65).

Thing is, if you notice a potential cop right away (like when he's getting on the highway) and don't give him time to clock you, he has no evidence. He knows you were speeding. You know you were speeding. He might pull you over or might not. If you're polite and don't hassle him, he'll just give you a warning or at worst, write you for 72.

--

Oh, fun story about getting pulled over. 95 on way up to Tahoe. This other car noticed my speed and decided he needed to "beat me". Fine, he can break trail. He's weaving around and being a jerk about it. Cop pulls us BOTH over. My idiot passenger takes this oportunity to jump around in the seat and start rummaging around behind us (as if he's trying to "hide the drugs" or something else damn suspicious). He's not blonde, but sometimes I wonder. Fortunately cop didn't notice or chose not to search us. Talks to us. Talks to guy in front car.

Then he comes back and asks me if I know the guy in front. Nope. Gives back license and reg, then tells me to "Your lucky day. That guy is a real asshole. Drive slow. Now get lost."

Be nice to cops when they catch ya on a traffic regulation. If you can manage to act a bit scared, that can sometimes help, too. This can be hard if getting pulled over is a regular thing. :oops:

BTW, I get a "good driver" discount on my insurance. Traffic school FTW! Too bad they discontinued the comedy shop traffic school thing. Those were fun.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

ScarlettPheonix wrote:Tysbil you've lost your liscence once before? Bad kitty >.>
:oops: Ummm... not just once.
ScarlettPheonix wrote:
Exit 102- 5 miles
ETA- 10 mins
Speed Limit: 65 mph
Average Travel Speed: 87 mph
Oh that is so typical of FL.

Drivers down there scare ME!!! Fast and oblivious. I like California drivers much better, the fast ones are aware, and many of the rest of them are too.

I was in FL for the Memorial Day weekend once while we still had the national 65 speed limit. The state patrol announced on all the radio stations that the speed limits would be enforced in the 55 zones. This means 80 in the 65 zones was no problem at all. That's the way they think down there, drivers, cops, everyone......
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Norcross to be exact. just off I-85 Indian trail Rd. I used to live up in Flowery Branch, but I got sick of the 2 hour commute in rush hour for what is usually a 18 minute drive in no traffic. Now it takes me 13 minutes to get to work.
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

Yea, I hear the long commute time. We lived in Lawrenceville right off of 85 and he had to go all the way to FT McPherson for work. His average commute was usually 40 mins, but in bad traffic it could go as long as 2hrs :roll:
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Women. Can't live with 'em, can't kill 'em.

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Women. Can't live with 'em, can't kill 'em.

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru