The kitten cosplayer

A place to talk about... anything!
Aony
Housecat

Post by Aony »

I've gotta say, that's really cute. I really wouldnt do that to my kitty, and luckily that cat doesnt seem to mind...

oops, double post
[url=http://www.imageshack.us][img]http://img100.echo.cx/img100/6779/sigaony7am.gif[/img][/url]

thf: 70 drg: 50 nin: 36 smn: 30 whm: 33 blm: 21 war: 25 drk: 13 sam: 10 brd: 9 mnk: 10 pld: 10 Blu: 8 cor: 11 pup: 5

All Thief AF obtained! :thumb:

http://img380.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wheresyourgod1sh.jpg
Gospel
Tomcat

Post by Gospel »

KarouKaniyashia wrote:meh Batsu thinks the world is wrong and he's right. Im 19 and i cosplay /shocked

anyways thats so Cute~ im not for dressing animals up tho, but its still cute :)

well hey. i'm 20 and male. but cosplaying is great fun and only people who have actually done it can only know just how much more fun it makes conventions. i soooo wish i could go to japan for world con... (BTW when is it?? i'm going to japan this year december-janurary although i know japan doesnt hold many cons during that time but i can hope) and that down under fund i don't think i'd quite qualify but its a god idea and i'm glad there is something like that going. well neway i'll show u one of my old cosplays from when i was 17. Supanova of course.

and this one of of my group (who i just met down there and we decided to go as a group)
woooot trigun gang

More barabric than Heaven.

There can be only one.

White Mage - AF1-[:2thumb:] AF2-[:2thumb:] AF3-[:2thumb:] AF4-[:2thumb:] AF5-[:2thumb:] AF6-[:2thumb:]
The relic hunt begins soon!!!
AFv2-1 (Mjollnir) [:(] - AFv2-2 (Cleric's Duckbills) [:(] - AFv2-3 (Cleric's Cap) [:(] - AFv2-4 (Cleric's Pantaloons) [:(] - AFv2-5 (Cleric's Briault) [:2thumb:] - AFv2-6 (Cleric's Mitts) [:2thumb:]

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style1,Gospel.png[/img][/url]
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

ill get a camera in, my brother is going as a promyvion elvaan.... *cough*buttkickedstupidSWGplayer*cough*
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Gospel, the Worldcon is held over America's Labor Day Weekend, no matter where is is at the time.

Sept. 1 - 5 this year.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Neoshinobi
Mad Cat

Post by Neoshinobi »

Gospel thats you? :o :P
Batsu
Feral Cat

Post by Batsu »

Am I the only one that sees them as frightening child-hood visions of horror?
Last edited by Batsu on Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[Active]
Chi - Level 60 Undead Rogue - Member of Unison - [Rank 9] Centurion ~ 12,695 Honorable Kills - 3 Dishonorable Kills

[Retired]
Batsu - Level 60 Elvaan Paladin - Level 56 Samurai
Neoshinobi
Mad Cat

Post by Neoshinobi »

Batsu wrote:Am I the only one that sees them as frightening child-hood images of horror?
More like just a bunch of random weirdos to me... :P
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Neoshinobi wrote:
Batsu wrote:Am I the only one that sees them as frightening child-hood images of horror?
More like just a bunch of random weirdos to me... :P
Look kinda norrrmal wherrre I come frrrom...... :lol: :lol:

No, rrrealy.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Batsu
Feral Cat

Post by Batsu »

Do you need to rrroll everrry frrriggin' "rrr"?
[Active]
Chi - Level 60 Undead Rogue - Member of Unison - [Rank 9] Centurion ~ 12,695 Honorable Kills - 3 Dishonorable Kills

[Retired]
Gospel
Tomcat

Post by Gospel »

Batsu wrote:Do you need to rrroll everrry frrriggin' "rrr"?
ya know. if you dont like cosplayers or roleplayers why are you posting here? it only creates friction between you and pretty much everyone else on these forums. cosplaying is my hobby, i enjoy it along with alot of other people and role playing is alot of fun too. whats wrong with people trying to get into character i'm sure it makes them enjoy the game that much more. i'm not telling you to not have opinions but say them once and leave it alone, if u dont like the topic then dont post here.

ohhh. yea that person carrying that rather large cross is me :P

(sorry about going off a bit at batsu but there is no real need for him/her to act that way.)

There can be only one.

White Mage - AF1-[:2thumb:] AF2-[:2thumb:] AF3-[:2thumb:] AF4-[:2thumb:] AF5-[:2thumb:] AF6-[:2thumb:]
AFv2-1 (Mjollnir) [:(] - AFv2-2 (Cleric's Duckbills) [:(] - AFv2-3 (Cleric's Cap) [:(] - AFv2-4 (Cleric's Pantaloons) [:(] - AFv2-5 (Cleric's Briault) [:2thumb:] - AFv2-6 (Cleric's Mitts) [:2thumb:]

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style1,Gospel.png[/img][/url]
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Gospel wrote:
ya know. if you dont like cosplayers or roleplayers why are you posting here? it only creates friction between you and pretty much everyone else on these forums. cosplaying is my hobby, i enjoy it along with alot of other people and role playing is alot of fun too. whats wrong with people trying to get into character i'm sure it makes them enjoy the game that much more. i'm not telling you to not have opinions but say them once and leave it alone, if u dont like the topic then dont post here.

ohhh. yea that person carrying that rather large cross is me :P

(sorry about going off a bit at batsu but there is no real need for him/her to act that way.)
Agreed. Bastu your comments are boarderlining on flaming of late. Continuing down that road would be a sure way for you to get banned from the forums as a troll.
Batsu
Feral Cat

Post by Batsu »

I'm not flaming, and I am in no way being rude to anyone. You don't see me talking in Caps or anything of that sort. Anyways I'm just sharing my opinion and if you ask me theres absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Also, I was simply commenting on the rolling of the "r"s because it makes it more difficult to read the post. I think your the one with the problem to get so easily offended by something someone you don't even know says. Plus, others have shared the same opinion as me and have posted negative comments yet I don't see you harrassing them about flaming.

If you want to ban me then by all means go right ahead and do it.
[Active]

[Retired]
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Batsu wrote:Am I the only one that sees them as frightening child-hood visions of horror?
That's a flame to Gospel if I ever saw one.

As for banning you, that's not in my power to do so even if I wanted to. I'm just warning you that you are upsetting people on these forums with your comments and are on a road to ruin by doing so. Take my advice or leave it, just don't say you weren't warned.
Batsu
Feral Cat

Post by Batsu »

oh noez teh banz0r zomg!1!!one

Okay, I'm done. . .
[Active]

[Retired]
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Also, one doesn't have to flame to be a troll. Trolling is making sort of canned responses with no value whatsoever in an effort to upset the general populace of the message board. You have stated your opinion of cosplayers once. That's fine. But belittling them over and over again is trolling and looking for a fight.
Batsu
Feral Cat

Post by Batsu »

I said. . . that. . .

. . .I'm done. . . some people are way to sensitive about things so simple and meaningless though.

By the way, the kitten is cute. . . I just wasn't going to say anything. . .

>.>
[Active]

[Retired]
Sugarpie
Big Cat

Post by Sugarpie »

How about i punch you both in the head and call it good? NO MORE FIGHTING BEFORE SUGARPIE GET VIOLENT!! ROAR!!!!!!!!
[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y10/Tanvarin/sugar-sig.png[/img]
Batsu
Feral Cat

Post by Batsu »

O~ kay~. . .
[Active]

[Retired]
Josiejo
Mad Cat

Post by Josiejo »

Batsu wrote:O~ kay~. . .
I thought you were done? Apparently even those who'd rather live out their lives dressing like everyone else in an attempt to fit in while being obnoxious as an attempt to stand out can't even make up their minds. (Go figure.)

I think I've actually seen pics of Gospel before these, from other random cosplay sites. I don't have any examples... I was just Googling one night at work, but I did recognize it when I saw it. I went to the anime convention in Anaheim, CA in 2004... it was cool to see some of the costumes there, but one thing did disturb me: some guy dressed up as Yuna from FFX-2 (Gun Mage). :shock: Now, I'm not sure what possesses guys to dress up like girls, even for a harmless hobby, but all I'm saying is I couldn't do it. I'm not trying to sound negative about it, just saying you've got more guts than I do. ;)

I'm planning to go back to the Anime convention this year... hopefully as Inuyasha or Miroku. It depends on what my girlfriend wants to dress up as... last year, I didn't dress up at all, and she was Kagome. I'm trying to convince her to go as Sango, but I don't know if she could carry that big boomerrang around. :P
[img]http://www.johnnysubway.com/~josiejo/images/josiejoSig.png[/img]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Josiejo][b]Josiejo[/b][/url]
NPC Friend: Jajuju (Tarutaru Female Healer)

[b]Kitty Alts[/b]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Sasamii]Sasamii[/url]

[b]Elvaan[/b]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Ryadbraman]Ryadbraman[/url]
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Josiejo wrote:
Batsu wrote:O~ kay~. . .
I'm planning to go back to the Anime convention this year... hopefully as Inuyasha or Miroku. It depends on what my girlfriend wants to dress up as... last year, I didn't dress up at all, and she was Kagome. I'm trying to convince her to go as Sango, but I don't know if she could carry that big boomerrang around. :P
Kagome! /cheer :D
Rakshasa
Tomcat

Post by Rakshasa »

I've always been big on roleplaying, but as I said before, Cosplaying disturbs me. Although, I feel that as a theatre major I should chime in to point out that the cosplaying/roleplaying combination is just a carefree way to enjoy the same feeling many in my profession do as well. For the record, acting disturbs me too, at least the most common kind I see.

I admit that when I usually see a cosplayer, my first reaction is thinking, "Oh my god..." Many times this is because it's a poor costume with people who don't really take it seriously. As for you, Gospel, my first reaction was, "Oh my god! That's badass!" I love it. I want one.

I can respect cosplayers even though I have never done it myself nor do I plan to take the effort to do so. The thought has crossed my mind, but my thoughts are that if you are going to do it, do it right. That's too much work in my opinion.
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/Furbewok/SigTemp.jpg[/img]

You can't stop the Rak. ^^
-Rakshasa
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

sugarpie go ahead. anyways batsu..... you dont have to falme to tell us your being a troll, and stop with your leet speak, becuase i dont care to read it or watch your pitful attempts to be "cool".

anyways, my Kingdom aekton is almost done, still working on the flag part of the sleeves ; ; :cry:
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Gospel
Tomcat

Post by Gospel »

well i may be cosplaying as a female thing but there is nothing overly female about my costume. (like that yuna) i have modified a ju jitsu gi and ears and a tail. essentially i'm playing as a Male Mithra i dont think i culd be caught dead in something like the RSE or subliger >.<

There can be only one.

Rakshasa
Tomcat

Post by Rakshasa »

Gospel wrote:well i may be cosplaying as a female thing but there is nothing overly female about my costume. (like that yuna) i have modified a ju jitsu gi and ears and a tail. essentially i'm playing as a Male Mithra i dont think i culd be caught dead in something like the RSE or subliger >.<
A very wise choice! I think I'd have to fly out there and smack you myself if I saw you in RSE. You'll have to post us pictures of what you come up with for "The Male Mithra." I'm sure everyone posting on this topic is interested.

-Rakshasa
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Merrrow? Male Mithra? :wink:

Josiejo
Mad Cat

Post by Josiejo »

*starts working out*

*stops working out*

Prrsha has unrealistic expectations. :P :lol:

Well, that's cool, Gospel. I guess it was assumed you meant female Mithra because a) we hardly ever see or hear anything about the males in-game, and b) cosplayers are generally more open and don't mind going extreme on their costumes. But I'm sure we're all interested to see the final result!

As far as acting vs. cosplay goes, I see nothing wrong with acting, and for the most part, nothing wrong with cosplay. People have hobbies, careers, etc... and everyone is interested in different things. That's what makes life so great... if everyone did the same thing, it would be really boring. I don't know of any professional cosplayers, but most seem to do it because they just like the idea of dressing like a character they identify with and/or idolize. Same as people wearing basketball jerseys or Air Jordan Nikes. Everyone knows you're not Michael Jordan, but you wear his clothes anyway.

Acting in general is more accepted because of the entertainment industry and its need to hire people to bring scripts to life. The only thing that bothers me about acting is the whole intimacy thing. If my girlfriend was an actress, I'd rather her not be in a role where she plays someone else's girlfriend, kissing them as if she was kissing me, and maybe going even further. I don't know how people who are involved with actors/actresses deal with that... just calling it "acting" doesn't seem good enough. Just like, recently there was a guy here in my studio people called an "artist" who had works on display in some museum... his works were made up of pictures of people with the "t-shirt" region cut out of the image, and then a t-shirt was drawn onto them with an attempted witticism at the picture's situation. I'm sorry, but that's not art. Just like forcing two people to be intimate to fulfill a scripted scene isn't really the kind of acting you want your significant other involved in... it's just uncomfortable and beyond the scope of the intended hobby/profession.

Back to the point though, I think that if you have problems with acting, being in theater isn't going to help, unless you're in theater to attempt to understand the things that trouble you about it. ;)
[img]http://www.johnnysubway.com/~josiejo/images/josiejoSig.png[/img]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Josiejo][b]Josiejo[/b][/url]
NPC Friend: Jajuju (Tarutaru Female Healer)

[b]Kitty Alts[/b]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Sasamii]Sasamii[/url]

[b]Elvaan[/b]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Ryadbraman]Ryadbraman[/url]
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

No, I do not. Even in the game, I roll every hard R, and skip a lot of the soft ones.

Sometimes I do it for empathsis, as in the post you comented on. Sorry you missed the joke. :roll:

One of the things I REALLY like about this board is I can come here still in character and not have to edit all those Rs out. :D :D

But yeah mostly the Rrrs are as much a part of me as those big pointy ears are a part of you.

Neoshinobi
Mad Cat

Post by Neoshinobi »

Batsu wrote:I'm not flaming, and I am in no way being rude to anyone. You don't see me talking in Caps or anything of that sort. Anyways I'm just sharing my opinion and if you ask me theres absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Also, I was simply commenting on the rolling of the "r"s because it makes it more difficult to read the post. I think your the one with the problem to get so easily offended by something someone you don't even know says. Plus, others have shared the same opinion as me and have posted negative comments yet I don't see you harrassing them about flaming.

If you want to ban me then by all means go right ahead and do it.
I don't see anybody else posting negative comments on this... :roll: :?:
Rakshasa
Tomcat

Post by Rakshasa »

Josiejo wrote:...

As far as acting vs. cosplay goes, I see nothing wrong with acting, and for the most part, nothing wrong with cosplay. People have hobbies, careers, etc... and everyone is interested in different things. That's what makes life so great... if everyone did the same thing, it would be really boring. I don't know of any professional cosplayers, but most seem to do it because they just like the idea of dressing like a character they identify with and/or idolize. Same as people wearing basketball jerseys or Air Jordan Nikes. Everyone knows you're not Michael Jordan, but you wear his clothes anyway.

Acting in general is more accepted because of the entertainment industry and its need to hire people to bring scripts to life. The only thing that bothers me about acting is the whole intimacy thing. If my girlfriend was an actress, I'd rather her not be in a role where she plays someone else's girlfriend, kissing them as if she was kissing me, and maybe going even further. I don't know how people who are involved with actors/actresses deal with that... just calling it "acting" doesn't seem good enough. Just like, recently there was a guy here in my studio people called an "artist" who had works on display in some museum... his works were made up of pictures of people with the "t-shirt" region cut out of the image, and then a t-shirt was drawn onto them with an attempted witticism at the picture's situation. I'm sorry, but that's not art. Just like forcing two people to be intimate to fulfill a scripted scene isn't really the kind of acting you want your significant other involved in... it's just uncomfortable and beyond the scope of the intended hobby/profession.

Back to the point though, I think that if you have problems with acting, being in theater isn't going to help, unless you're in theater to attempt to understand the things that trouble you about it. ;)
That brings up the large debate of "what is art" that I am so sick of hearing. Remember: one person's trash is another person's treasure. Never state your opinion of "that's not art" as a fact. It is largely based on the beholder and it is best to keep an open mind.

I never said there was something wrong with acting, especially since I'm surrounded by it daily and I even roleplay myself. I never will act for various reasons, one of which still being that I find much about it disturbing. That's why I'm a tech and not an actor.

Interesting point about normal clothing such as jersies. I never thought about that being a form of cosplaying, probably since it's so common. So it's all a form of idealization and hero worship. I never liked such product endorsement either. =P

-Rakshasa
Gospel
Tomcat

Post by Gospel »

well thx for all your support guys. 90% done. i'm starting to think the tail is too thick. but a quick modification can fix that. I decided to use fake fox fur for the tail and ears and i'm expecting that my biggext problem in game will become a reality with everybody pulling on it >.< but its all in good fun. I actually found a little tag on a cats play toy that said "Pull My Tail" and i'm still contemplating wearing it... well why temp fate its gonna happen anyway :P

anyway 1 week till Supanova and I can't wait. gonna be a blast. Madman anime entertainment is gonna be there and i hope i get my pic up on their site, also trying to organise a digicam of my own so i can get plenty of photos to show you all what Australian anime and pop culture conventions are all about.

There can be only one.