Mithra Weakness Revealed

A place to talk about... anything!
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

No your nation has to be in control to get his stuff. His text is backwards not the actual access to his goods.
kashell
Tomcat

Post by kashell »

Well after asking a bit, a JP friend of mine told me that's it's a typo in the NA version of the game and that in the JP version of the game it indeed says the humes have envy and the mithras have apathy.
Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Post by Kahvi »

After studying ancient texts from the house of the hero and lost documents from norg, i used every ounce of summoning skill i had to call back the spirit of Sigmund Freud to ask why would Mithra's biggest downfall be envy. This is what he told me.. in brief.. and removing all reference to some of his crazier theories...

Mithra have to fight eachother for thier men. there may have been a time when there were enough for everyone to make happy with, but those days are gone. If one mithra knows another mithra has a manthra, she is envious of the other mithra's fortune, and plots to make it her own. The guys are content to be fought over.

(then he mentioned something about manthras just wanting to "Make happy fun time" with as many mithra as possible and how mithra just want to settle down with one manthra for life. and how those views conflict.. and a bit on how the population percentages only fuel this, no matter how well hidden it is.)

(then he went off on a tangent about mithra who marry non-manthra guys, and how we get jealous that they were able to find anyone special while we have to spend a virtual eternity as single lonely mithra, and further tangented this tangent by mentioning the cheap thrill of the "unwanted" corner tarutaru leg humpers and how they contribute to trying to relieve this stress... then i gave up and just broke off the connection because he was about to tangent a tangent of a tangent's tangent.. and because my head hurt from draining all my MP into listening to his long lecture... )

((Side note: this was Freud speaking.. so if he as a guy were alone in the woods with no one with in a million miles near him. he'd still be wrong... but maybe thats me. ))
Last edited by Kahvi on Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Windurst Rank 10
Fight together, die together, leave no one behind.

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Kahvi.png[/img][/url]
Dukuji
Mad Cat

Post by Dukuji »

kashell wrote:Well after asking a bit, a JP friend of mine told me that's it's a typo in the NA version of the game and that in the JP version of the game it indeed says the humes have envy and the mithras have apathy.
Yippie!!!! I get to keep my apathy!

Not that I care either way . . . didn't care before, don't care now, and I'm sure I won't care in the morning . . .
[url=http://mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Dukuji]'Kuji[/url]; The [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Ninja[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Cat[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] -------|m >^-^< m|------- Seeker of Oblivion
Baketsu
Feral Cat

Post by Baketsu »

Kahvi wrote:After studying ancient texts from the house of the hero and lost documents from norg, i used every ounce of summoning skill i had to call back the spirit of Sigmund Freud to ask why would Mithra's biggest downfall be envy. This is what he told me.. in brief.. and removing all reference to some of his crazier theories...

Did freud look like that other creepy guy that can be summoned, you know Rasputin?
Jobs: RDM-54/BLM-32/WHM-26/PLD-23/THF14-WAR17-MNK8-DRG17-DRK18-BST3-RNG3-SMN7-BRD1
Race: Elvaan
Hometown: San d'Oria
Skills: Cooking 23- Smithing 3
EXP is hard to come by, treasure it!
Crispleaf
Housecat

Post by Crispleaf »

Dukuji wrote:Not that I care either way . . . didn't care before, don't care now, and I'm sure I won't care in the morning . . .
As I said before, Dukuji is proof of mithra apathy :)
[img]http://home.comcast.net/~crispl3af/level.JPG[/img]
Bastok Rank 8-1, Windurst Rank 10
Rise of Zilart Completed
Chains of Promathia Completed
Treasures of Aht Urghan Rank 2
kashell
Tomcat

Post by kashell »

[quote="Dukuji"]The humes seem more envious, they seem to want everything! They want to be more powerful then the Elvaan, have more magic then the tarus, be richer than Jeuno . . .quote]

Bastok is more powerful then the Elvaans in terms for storyline anyways and not the crappy conquest ranking. :oops:

Who needs magic when we have the technology to outmatch the tarus! 8)

Hm..but I'm sure that Bastok isn't the only country that wants to be rich :wink:
Yukira
Feral Cat

Post by Yukira »

Kahvi/Coffee, that was excellent :thumb: Now I respect Freud even more....well ok, but you gotta admit that guy had most interesting and humorous view of things.

A burning question in my mind though...can a Mithra + Hume/Elvaan (no, I absolutely refuse to imagine any other races...-_-) pair have offspring? And if they do, will that offspring be mostly female too? I'm guessing it *must* be Mithra + Manthra. Otherwise there'd be a lot more Mithra in Vana'diel...

P.S. Kahvi = Coffee in Finnish language :D
Neoshinobi
Mad Cat

Post by Neoshinobi »

Can we just drop the hole "manthra" line? -_-

Every other race is "Hume male/female, Elvaan male/femal, Tarutaru male/female" :?:

So why not Mithra female/male? The whole "manthra" word hurts me everytime its said... :cry:
Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Post by Kahvi »

Baketsu wrote:Did freud look like that other creepy guy that can be summoned, you know Rasputin?
no, he doesnt look like that old perv, Ramuh. He looked more like a ghostly lookalike of cid... but freakier... its kinda hard to explain...
Yukira wrote:Kahvi/Coffee, that was excellent :thumb: Now I respect Freud even more....well ok, but you gotta admit that guy had most interesting and humorous view of things.

A burning question in my mind though...can a Mithra + Hume/Elvaan (no, I absolutely refuse to imagine any other races...-_-) pair have offspring? And if they do, will that offspring be mostly female too? I'm guessing it *must* be Mithra + Manthra. Otherwise there'd be a lot more Mithra in Vana'diel...

I'd assume that it is possible, and the ofspring would either be mixed of both races or due to something i have yet to find out, would be the race of the mother in question. Galka would be an interesting twist on this... seeing that both a female of another race and the galka could technically get pregnant.. dunno how tho. I don't do ob-gyn. Im just into the preventive medicine and treatment of wounds.

and ya, i know Kahvi means coffee in finnish. my full online Nom-de-plume is more like a crude attempt to say "Afterthought of Coffee" in finnish. but i just use Kahvi most of the time.
Windurst Rank 10

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Kahvi.png[/img][/url]
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Neoshinobi wrote:So why not Mithra female/male? The whole "manthra" word hurts me everytime its said... :cry:
I kinda agrrree. :(
Sirc
Tomcat

Post by Sirc »

I don't recall seeing any "official" FFXI writings from SE or from the game that refer to a male Mithra as a manthra (but I'm certainly no expert either). So I have to agree that the term manthra is incorrect. That being said, I don't think you will be able to stop people from using the term, so you may as well get used to it. :wink:
Sirc [Rank 2] - Lvl 25 MNK, 15 WAR, 15 THF
Neoshinobi
Mad Cat

Post by Neoshinobi »

Kahvi wrote:
Baketsu wrote:Did freud look like that other creepy guy that can be summoned, you know Rasputin?
no, he doesnt look like that old perv, Ramuh. He looked more like a ghostly lookalike of cid... but freakier... its kinda hard to explain...
Yukira wrote:Kahvi/Coffee, that was excellent :thumb: Now I respect Freud even more....well ok, but you gotta admit that guy had most interesting and humorous view of things.

I'd assume that it is possible, and the ofspring would either be mixed of both races or due to something i have yet to find out, would be the race of the mother in question. Galka would be an interesting twist on this... seeing that both a female of another race and the galka could technically get pregnant.. dunno how tho. I don't do ob-gyn. Im just into the preventive medicine and treatment of wounds.

and ya, i know Kahvi means coffee in finnish. my full online Nom-de-plume is more like a crude attempt to say "Afterthought of Coffee" in finnish. but i just use Kahvi most of the time.
Galka are sexless and only reproduce through reincarnation.
Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Post by Kahvi »

Neoshinobi wrote:Galka are sexless and only reproduce through reincarnation.
goes to show what i know about the galka reproductive cycle. I never studied galkan anatomy during my time in the aurastary and rhinostary. But if you wish the know the 4 stages of the life cycle of boydha moss, and its nutritional value to various fauna across vana'diel, well then i can help a bit..
Windurst Rank 10

Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Neoshinobi wrote:Can we just drop the hole "manthra" line? -_-

Every other race is "Hume male/female, Elvaan male/femal, Tarutaru male/female" :?:

So why not Mithra female/male? The whole "manthra" word hurts me everytime its said... :cry:
Agrrreed. To me the term "manthra" is a Mithra played by a male. Not a male of our speices.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Meowmixer
Tomcat

Post by Meowmixer »

cats are feminine. so theirfore there can't be a male Mithra.

the idea of a manthra just scares me... only cool thing about it mb would be it reminding me of a thundercat! Thunder Cats! HOO!!!
[img]http://www.sheep.physicsisbroken.com/Theadrinsig3.jpg[/img]

"When the sun sets, the hunt begins"

Theadrin / lvl 53 sam/ 31 war / 31 thf / 18 nin / 12 rng /37 mnk ~ Rank 5

Meowmixer / 13 war / 9 thf/ 7 mnk / ~ Rank 2
Dawezy
Tomcat

Post by Dawezy »

Lodge the suggestion to SE.

"Give us Male Mithra, damn you! do it or die! RARG!"

Etc.

:D
~
[img]http://www.dawezy.com/ff11/Nibble.jpg[/img]
~

:D
Baketsu
Feral Cat

Post by Baketsu »

Maybe the Male "Cat" will be a "Dogra" or a "Inuthra". As in Cats and Dogs.

Ewwwwwwwww :?: :?: :?: :?:

Then again, maybe not...
Jobs: RDM-54/BLM-32/WHM-26/PLD-23/THF14-WAR17-MNK8-DRG17-DRK18-BST3-RNG3-SMN7-BRD1
Race: Elvaan
Hometown: San d'Oria
Skills: Cooking 23- Smithing 3
EXP is hard to come by, treasure it!
Lihera
Feral Cat

Post by Lihera »

If they make an inuthra as you call is. I might just quit.
[color=indigo]New sig comin'. But in the meantime...[/color]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/Lihera/baofowfwoosh.gif[/img]
Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Post by Kahvi »

heh.. id prolly lose my lunch, breakfast, and supper from the night before if they do that.
Windurst Rank 10

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Mithra Weakness Revealed

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Mithra Weakness Revealed

Post by xaresity »

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо