May The Force Save Your Rental Money

For all your playstation needs.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

May The Force Save Your Rental Money

Post by Karou Ariyen »

New studio for Lucasarts. And Force Unleashed was the new studio's game. Bombed. Audio and plot were good. But the story was a bit too short, not executed well. And the playstation 2 controls are a bit lagged. During key lightsaber duals (Aka boss fights), when you wittle your opponant down to little health, a command will pop on screen, say X. I push X and it launches me into a finisher, the command sequance I had during a fight was O, Square, Square, O, X, Triangle. If you don't hold the button down until the next command prompt, you will be shaken off and have to wittle the health down again until the c ommand prompt. So if I hold O down and get another O then I just release and re-push and hold O down. you get around 3-5 seconds to do so at least.

Overall, I don't know, they kinda fubared up. Worth playing again just to unlock everything. You be the judge.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Planning to buy the game for the Xbox or Wii myself.

Played the demo and as a moderate fan of the star wars game series my expectations might be a bit too high.
However I sincerely enjoyed forcelifting stormtroopers and grunts while they cling to the surroundings for their lives before I dropped them down from extremely high ledges, used their bodies to destroy some of the surrounding enviroment or simply electrocuted them with lightningbolts. :twisted:

Anyway, I think as a gamer you are in a very fortunate position Karou.
I cannot rent games, I'll have to buy them.
If I don't like it, tough luck! Our stores don't take software back and I'll only be able to get about 1/5th back selling it to a second hand store...
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

*shameless double post again*

Well I bought my copy for the Wii.
According to many friends and LS mates the graphicaly weakest version.
Perhaps, but in regards to gameplay I think we have a winner here.

I haven't completed the game yet, but so far the story and plot has greatly impressed me.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

PS2 got a lot left out of, 360 had the crushing the imperial star destroyer as a mini-boss fight where it was a cutscene in the PS2 copy. Visually, PS2 was awesome, gameplay mechanics, fail.

360 isn't so good on gameplay mechanics, but the story and boss fight AI + the graphics are top notch, but as a longtime sony support, I'm ashamed of Lucasarts :3

PS: We in the 501st don't take kindly to the killing of our own~ then again, half of us troopers have lightsabers so :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: May The Force Save Your Rental Money

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: May The Force Save Your Rental Money

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting