Renkei Charts

A place to talk about... anything!
Klenath
Big Cat

Renkei Charts

Post by Klenath »

In being a BLM and wanting to practice magic bursts all the time I've come to discover that most people are lazy when it comes to knowing weapon skill chains, or renkei. Can't completely fault people as there are a LOT of combinations, but at least they should have a reference.

I've seen a lot of links to a lot of DEAD renkei charts, so I went and found the ones I prefer to use and put them on my site (links below). Feel free to download and print them out for your own party's reference. The

Important note:
The two charts are structured a little differently, but both work well. On renkei1.jpg the numbers next to the skills are important as they designate when that skill needs to be used. For example, a skill with a 2 next to it can only come after a previous skill. Similarly, a skill with a 1 next to it has to lead a renkei chain. This is similar to the renkei2.jpg that has letters next to it. An A skill has to lead the chain and B can only follow a skill. In regards to both charts, skills that don't have a number or letter next to them can be placed anywhere in the renkei chain and are usually best placed as a 3rd. Both charts include the elements of the chains so black mages can magic burst off them.

It is very important to pay attention to these numbers / letters designating order.

I prefer the renkei1.jpg chart myself, but I know people that prefer the renkei2.jpg chart so I put them both up for use. Happy hunting!

Links:

http://www.drackhen.org/public/renkei1.jpg

http://www.drackhen.org/public/renkei2.jpg -- updated to include some BloodPact chains, thanks Voidia!

Admin Note:
Any board admins want to do me / us a favor and put some glue on this post so it doesn't get dropped down into the abyss? :P
Last edited by Klenath on Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Its not that people are lazy, its that you can go blind trying to read those things.

But as far too few use skillchains at all, I suppose we must learn to read them.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Klenath
Big Cat

Post by Klenath »

Aww, c'mon - they're not THAT bad. The renkei2.jpg chart is a little painful to read sometimes, but the renkei1.jpg chart is more pleasing to my eyes when it comes to figuring this stuff out.
Gwynn
Big Cat

Post by Gwynn »

I love adan's renkei chart. i use it all the time. It's not a bland BLAH boxes and arrows chart, and it's got all thr right combinations.
[b]Gwynn[/b] : [color=Orange][i] Bismark Server[/i][/color]
Primary: RDM75/BLM37
Secondary:WAR75/NIN37
Next: NIN63/WAR31
Bastok Rank: 9
ZM:17 PM 3-5 TM: 8
AFb:
WAR: Head [x] Body [ ] Gloves [x] Leggings [x] Boots [x]
RDM: Head [ ] Body [ ] Gloves [x] Leggings [x] Boots [x]
Nivez
Story Cat

Post by Nivez »

i personally like the second chart, because once you get to understand it, it really is a much better chart for planing up to lvl 3 skillchains with ease.
Mystiana
Princess Cat

Post by Mystiana »

I've always used the one in the Brady guide. There's one error for the name of the 70 weapon skill for a Katana, but otherwise it's always been wonderful.

As a black mage, I insist on a renkei. Not only does it give me a chance to set some personal damage records, but it makes the battles far more entertailning to partake in..

.... I can't wait to Magic Burst {Burst} ^.~
[FFX|V] Mystiana Rulean >> BLM iL94 - DRG iL91 - SMN iL93 - SCH iL77
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1463791/
[FFXI] Mystiana@Shiva >> 99 DNC DRG SMN [currently retired]
90+ WAR BLM WHM BST BRD SCH :: 494 Merit Points
Rank 10 for all nations :: Craft: [Cooking: 54][Fishing: 50]
Sivara
Big Cat

Post by Sivara »

I like this one: http://ffxi.liquid-x.net/renkei/

I have trouble reading regular SC charts, but this one is great because you can put in the names/jobs/weapons of the party members and it will spit out all the possible SCs/bursts (or even let you filter out which element you want).
nuri
Tomcat

Post by nuri »

I mostly burst by recognizing the animation played for it and casting the spells associated with it. BLM is so much fun. ^^ Those seer's outfit are sweet~~!
<-------------- isn't kitty cute? meow~
Voidia
Kitten

Post by Voidia »

Yea, I use the first one as well, except I go to it from gamefaqs. So far it has yet to fail on me. Of course once I finally get all the avatars I will need to find a new chart that lists where they can SC and MB :?:
Nivez
Story Cat

Post by Nivez »

fire i stopped using the one in the brady guide around lvl 58 ish, mainly because it doesnt have the 175 or 200 weapon skills or higher, soo i found it becoming less useful. i started using the second guide klen recommended cauze i found the link off mysterytour and bothered to figure it out. so far it has been working nicely, and once you understand how lvl 3 skillchains work, it just becomes superior to all guides ive found.
Mystiana
Princess Cat

Post by Mystiana »

I could've sworn Vorpal Thrust (175 polearm) was in the Brady Guide. Do you have the newer (spring) edition?
[FFX|V] Mystiana Rulean >> BLM iL94 - DRG iL91 - SMN iL93 - SCH iL77
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1463791/
[FFXI] Mystiana@Shiva >> 99 DNC DRG SMN [currently retired]
90+ WAR BLM WHM BST BRD SCH :: 494 Merit Points
Rank 10 for all nations :: Craft: [Cooking: 54][Fishing: 50]
Voidia
Kitten

Post by Voidia »

Yay! Just what I needed. A SC chart that includes avatar blood pacts.

http://www.adennak.com/renkei09.jpg
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Renkei Charts

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Renkei Charts

Post by xaresity »

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо