Useless Facts To Float Around In Your Head

A place to talk about... anything!
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Useless Facts To Float Around In Your Head

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Ya I'm bored, so this thread is about useless facts that you know, that just float in your head. I'll start with my favorite from Good Eat's Melon episode,

The World Record for the longest spit watermelon seed is 60 Feet.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Keavy from Phoenix is the best White Mage in all of Final Fantasy XI.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Keavy wrote:Keavy from Phoenix is the best White Mage in all of Final Fantasy XI.
:shock:
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Leane
Irresponsible Adventurer

Post by Leane »

Peanuts are one of the ingredients of dynamite.
The longest one-syllable word in the English language is "screeched."
There are 293 ways to make change for a dollar.
Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.
There are more chickens than people in the world.
An ostrich's eye is bigger then its brain.
No words in the English language rhyme with month, orange, silver or purple.
Tigers have striped skin, not just striped fur.
More people are killed by donkeys, than in plane crashes each year.
No President of the United States was an only child.
Women blink nearly twice as much as men.
A snail can sleep for 3 years.
A cockroach can live nine days without its head before it starves to death.
A jiffy is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Long cat is long.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

The Mascot Goat of the Ex-Great Northern Railroad had a name. His name was Rocky The Goat. You'd be surprised how many actual railroad fans don't even know that :p
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

One out of 5 pieces of art is a forgery.
The London metro system is the oldest in the world and currently covers 408 kilometers.
The Dutch are the tallest people on the planet.
A single trip to Mars takes about 7 months
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

The proximity of a cat relative to your location determines the intelligence of your statements.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

The AK-47 and it's variants, manufactured/designed by Mr Kalashinkov in the years leading up to WWII, is the most widley used weapon by international Militaries, Mercenaries, Terrorists, and is the most Collectable firearm next to the German Luger Pistol.

(My daddy used an AK47 as a Scout Sniper in Desert Storm as his secondary weapon)
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Hitler rejected the world's first submachine gun because he didn't like the look of it.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Shirai wrote:The London metro system is the oldest in the world and currently covers 408 kilometers.
We call it the "London Underground" or the "Tube" for short :P And it probably pre-dates America, zing! :lol:

There isn't enough "American history" to fill a single book. Zing! :lol:

Seriously though, breaking news just in:

Long cat is not actually long! :o
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

St. Patrick's Day was first celebrated in the United States. Now over 14 Countries celebrate it (Including Ireland.)

The Mitsubishi Eclipse was named after a Champion Race Horse.

Shortly after his radio broadcast of the "7 Words you can't say on Television", George Carlin was arrested.

George Carlin was born in New York City, New York County and New York State.

George Carlin was once a Radio DJ in a suit and clean shaven/cut before he became a comedian.

The U25B Diesal Locomotive was General Electric's First Locomotive they built when they seperated from American Locomotive Works (ALCO). Yet the Locomotive still used the same ALCO Style Trucks.

Aristocraft Trains was originally Polk Model Craft who built early R/C Boats and Planes. When Aristocraft Trains entered into the G-Scale market, the Alco FA-1/FB-1 were their first Model Locomotive and still the most popular selling one today.

LGB Trains was the first "Big Toy Train" designed for Indoors and Outdoors. 'The First Model Railroad for indoors and outdoors' Became their slogan.

The Jokes Willy Nelson made in the remake of "The Dukes Of Hazzard", such as the scene where Johnny Knoxville and Williy were driving Boss Hogg's car, were not in the script. Mr Nelson made them up on the spot and they were left in there.

Willy Nelson spent 2 years and 3 whisky manufacturers before he agreed to stamp his "Old Whisky River" name on the label.

Adolf Hitler was a known vegitarian, health addict, and enviromentalist. Hitler also hated the German Navy and when the bismark violated his orders to not leave port, he didn't send any to "return to port." These facts still do not excuse his actions.

Alton Brown, Star of Good Eats and Feasting on Asphault, and the Host/Color Commentator of Iron Chef America, was once a Drama school Graduate and a comedian before attending the New England School of Culinary arts and combing his love of comedy with his love of cooking.

Rock And Roll Legend Rod Stewart is a model railroader. His layout takes up his entire 3rd floor of his house. He builds his models in a hotel room in chicago (which when on tour he uses as a central hub to fly to other concerts) and keeps his family there as well.

I'm out of factoids for today.
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Pearl Jam lead singer Eddie Vedder wrote "Better Man" when he was fourteen. He wrote it in memory of a neighbor who was beaten to death by her husband.

From the time the current lineup was formed (1974) to now the members of Rush have only been apart once. They separated when guitarist Alex Lifeson took a sabbatical in 1998 after losing his wife and daughter. He returned in 2002 after riding over 55,000 miles on his BMW motorcycle. The song "Ghost Rider" from Vapor Trails is about his travels.

Rush's drummer, Neal Peart, is the only band member who uses his real name. Bassist, keyboardist, and lead vocalist Geddy Lee's real name is Gary Lee Weinrib and guitarist Alex Lifeson's real name is Alexander Zivojinovich.

Fastball's "The Way" was written about a terminally ill couple who drove their car off a cliff.

Alanis Morrissette wrote "You Oughta Know" after comedian Dave Couliette broke up with her.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Chicago Cubs Player and Radio Color Commentator Ron Santo recieves a new chevy every year for doing their commercials, and unlike most celebrities, he only drives a chevy, I know because the cubs player parking lot is outdoors and I wasn't watching and Mr Santo almost backed over me :D
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

Red heads typically have the least amount of hair on their heads (~90k strands of hair), blondes the most (~120k).

Wet hair can be stretched to half its length when dry. Dry hair can be stretched to 20% its length.

Hair grows 1/2in on average every month.

The chemical in perming solution (ammonium thermalglocylate) if combined with the chemical in relaxer (sodium hydroxide) creates Nair.

DIY hair color kits often contain heavy metals (lead, iron, titanium etc) and will cause your hair to react in pretty strange ways to salon color- from making it fall out to just having it turn odd colors as it reacts to the salon dye.

It can't be removed from hair either, except maybe with the sharpened steel method :lol:
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

According to the Guinness Book Of World Records, the biggest carrot grown weighed 18 Pounds, 13 Ounces. Chew on that Bugs Bunny.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

This is lacking penis facts :lol:

The average penis length is roughly 6"

According to ladies the "perfect" length is 8"

:lol:
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

It takes roughly 3 days to film an episode of Good Eats.

Contrary to popular belief, it is a "fact" that in the game industry, in FPS, the enemy must have natural nightvision reguardless of the logic in that or not. (Seriously, go play Farcry or Conflict: Denied Ops :O
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Speaking of FPS.

It is impossible to complete a Terrorist Hunt on Rainbow Six Vegas 1 and/or 2 solo :P
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Sugami wrote:Speaking of FPS.

It is impossible to complete a Terrorist Hunt on Rainbow Six Vegas 1 and/or 2 solo :P
Correction, Not "Impossible." Just unlikely to finish it solo, I keep coming up 1 short /sigh

Also I'll be on Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 Ladies night.
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

Nah, the AI is just suxxor if they can work that way. You can be hiding in a tree and they'll still spot you.
JediKitsune
Mad Cat

Post by JediKitsune »

A penguin can run as fast as a human.

You're more likely to be attacked by a hippopotamus than you are a lion in Africa.

Vin Diesel provided the voice for the giant in the animated movie The Iron Giant.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

JediKitsune wrote:A penguin can run as fast as a human.

You're more likely to be attacked by a hippopotamus than you are a lion in Africa.

Vin Diesel provided the voice for the giant in the animated movie The Iron Giant.
The Ice Cream flavor "Cherry Garcia" was a name pitched to Ben and Jerry's by a Grateful Dead fan, named for Jerry Garcia (God Rest his soul.)
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

KarouKaniyashia wrote:Correction, Not "Impossible." Just unlikely to finish it solo, I keep coming up 1 short /sigh
I always get shot in the back :( Stupid randomly spawning terrorists >.<
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Sugami wrote:
KarouKaniyashia wrote:Correction, Not "Impossible." Just unlikely to finish it solo, I keep coming up 1 short /sigh
I always get shot in the back :( Stupid randomly spawning terrorists >.<
There's a WWII game (can't remember the name) where theirs this empty room with no exit but the one you enter, no windows no nothing and nazi's magically spawn in there.
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

Castle WOlfenstein?

Medal of Honor: Allied Assault?
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Useless Facts To Float Around In Your Head

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Useless Facts To Float Around In Your Head

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting