A place to talk about... anything!
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

/nod /nod

That one just plain sucked ><
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Sugami wrote:Because it takes longer to download the expansion than waiting for delivery? :roll: :oops:
Oh, you haven't heard the horror stories about downloading Shivering Isles, the Halo 3 Beta, or the Crackdown demo, have you?

Popular files on XBLM that also happen to be 1 GB or more can literally take all night to download.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

You have to expect that. Hell, Star Wars Galaxies wasn't up on its first day. The log-on servers crashed and no one could get on.
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Fiye wrote:You have to expect that. Hell, Star Wars Galaxies wasn't up on its first day. The log-on servers crashed and no one could get on.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

I downloaded the Crackdown Demo myself, left my 360 on and turned my TV off. You're downloading 1GB+ of course it's gonna take long but it'll be quicker than waiting 1-2 days for delivery.

Don't really know the speeds of which you can download stuff off XBL (don't think it tells you), if it's same kind of speeds you get from your connection normally I'd be able to get 100KB/s in which case it'd take me...

1,000,000,000/(100*1,000) = 10,000 seconds = 166 minutes 40 seconds = 2 hours 46 minutes 40 seconds

Doesn't seem to bad, seems a little good actually so guess XBL downloads a bit slower.
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

Most companies gaurantee day of release delivery for pre-orders, with ToAU I think I had it by noon the day it was released and was in Aht Urghan by 2pm.

For where I'm living right now, the nearest Gaming store (EB Games, Game Stop, w/e) are a good 30 mins away by car and with the price of gas these days- I'll pay for the shipping happily :lol:
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Sugami wrote:I downloaded the Crackdown Demo myself, left my 360 on and turned my TV off. You're downloading 1GB+ of course it's gonna take long but it'll be quicker than waiting 1-2 days for delivery.

Don't really know the speeds of which you can download stuff off XBL (don't think it tells you), if it's same kind of speeds you get from your connection normally I'd be able to get 100KB/s in which case it'd take me...

1,000,000,000/(100*1,000) = 10,000 seconds = 166 minutes 40 seconds = 2 hours 46 minutes 40 seconds

Doesn't seem to bad, seems a little good actually so guess XBL downloads a bit slower.
I have what they call "Power Boost" which, for an extra $5 a month, increases my download speed when I download large files. On podcasts I've seen my speed hit 1750 KB/Sec before the file finishes downloading and I've been assured that it can go even faster (I seriously need to find some bigger files and test that) but even with that it can still take f-o-r-e-v-e-r for a popular file on XBLM to download due to the fact that their servers clearly can't handle the demand of the masses.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

There's an internet store over here (Gameplay) that actually deliver the day before release :D I had Phoenix Wright and a couple other games on the Thursday before release, made me a happy catty :)

Treasures of Aht Urhgan I ordered from another place and got it the Monday after release D: (they don't do 1st class postage option doh)
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: New expansion announced: Wings of the Goddess

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: New expansion announced: Wings of the Goddess

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting