Corsair Question

A place to talk about... anything!
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Corsair Question

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Does Fighters roll give Double Attack to players who dont have it, or does it just enhances it for those who do? And is it better to do Chaos Roll and Fighters Roll or just stick with Chaos Roll and Hunters roll? Another Corsair told me that we can give party member 2 att bonus rolls. But I think Chaos Roll is the only one that can do that. Please correct me if im wrong. :)
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

It'll give it to everyone;
0+5=5% (no double attack)
10+5=15% (/WAR)
20+5=25% (WAR main)

5% being an arbitary number but that's the average you'll get with no WAR in party (if not worse). Fighter's Roll SUCKS with no WAR in party, that goes for every melee/physical damage roll and their corresponding job.

I suggest you look at the stickies in the COR forum.

40+ a good COR will keep 3 or 4 rolls on the party depending on what jobs are in the party.
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

As a WHM, let me tell you that the COR's I <3 use Healer's and Summoner's rolls on me.

Healer's boosts your hMP and Summoner's gives you Refresh. Of course, the numbers are dependent on whether you get lucky roll or bust.

I hate it when an overzealous COR busts :cry:

Oh, and on my server (My experience) a lot of party leaders won't invite a COR if there's a RDM or Bard available. Apparently my server is full of COR's more concerned with maximizing Slug Shot damage than with supporting the party with their roll's.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Oh come on, if you never took any risks you'd never hit XI on any of the "good" rolls. A Bust will throw off my order by anything from 10-60seconds, Random Deal usually gives me Phantom Roll back for a second try. Never take a risk when I already have one bust.

COR+BRD or COR+RDM = secks

COR+BRD+RDM = overkill
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

but very very fun :lol:
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Sugami wrote:Oh come on, if you never took any risks you'd never hit XI on any of the "good" rolls. A Bust will throw off my order by anything from 10-60seconds, Random Deal usually gives me Phantom Roll back for a second try. Never take a risk when I already have one bust.

COR+BRD or COR+RDM = secks

COR+BRD+RDM = overkill
I meant the COR's that bust when they try to get the lucky number like this: "Oh, I got a four and the lucky number is five. Let's try it again!"

Purely an example, but you get the idea. If you roll a one or two, I agree with going again. But if there's an excellent chance that you'll bust if you roll again, please don't.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

You can't bust if you're under the lucky number considering Lucky is 2-5 and Bust is 12+.

Rule of thumb is to Double-Up if the total is 6 or under (if not on Lucky) and don't already have a Bust. Double-Up if 5 or under (if not on Lucky) if already have one Bust.

I commend CORs for taking risks, it's in the job description and there's so many that won't even risk it even though the chance of Bust if 1/6 (16.6~%). Especially most of them these days will use Fighter's and Rogue's Roll regardless of party members, both rolls suck without job bonus and if not taking the risk for a higher payoff they'll suck even more.

Three most commonly used rolls; Rogue's, Fighter's and Evoker's all of Lucky 5 and Unlucky 9. If you're sitting on a 6 on Rogue's or Fighter's there's 1/6 chance of Bust, 1/6 of a lower buff (unlucky) and 4/6 or 2/3 of getting something better. 66.6~% is good enough for me and it should be for everyone else. A good gambler will play the odds and that's what the God damn job is all about!

Just so that you know for Evoker's Roll without SMN;
1-4, 6-7, 9 - 1MP/tick
8, 10 - 2MP/tick
5 - 3MP/tick
11 - 4MP/tick
12+ - -1MP/tick for COR
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Corsair Question

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Corsair Question

Post by xaresity »

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо