Confirmed: I am the best WHM ever!

A place to talk about... anything!
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Sugami wrote:You need buttloads of anima to win prommies and know when to use them (ones that stop TP attacks at the end).

Ideally you'd want one anima per person if not more.
You can have all the anima you can get and still wipe horribly if there is no particular order in using them.
The Promy bosses can litterally be turned into punching bags if you use these correctly.
Just decide a good order at start and let one person (the leader) call out when to use them.

2 of the 3 Anima are really useful for the fights the third is to recover quickly if something goes wrong.

Psychoanima the most useful to start with obtained through a recollection of Fear.
These stop a boss' regular attacks for roughly 30 seconds.
(The boss will be intimidated for 30ish seconds, it will however use special attacks.)
A good order to use these would be the first 50% of the fight.
Have a member of the party use it every 30 seconds. (Order could be Tank > Melee1 > Melee 2 > Member 3 > etc. until the boss reaches 50% of it's health.)

Hysteroanima the most useful for stopping a boss' nasty moves obtained through a recollection of Pain.
As stated, it stops the boss from using it's specials.
Start using these the last 50% in the same order as the Psychoanima.

Terroanima is the least usefull but obtained through a Recollection of Guilt.
This makes the boss panic and run around stopping all it's attacks.
This is handy if you are in a pinch to recover the party (IE Benediction), but no melee will be able to land any hit when it's in a panic attack and Astral Flow will simply not land because the boss will move out of range the whole time.
(The best use for it was Promyvion-Vahzl for me to get the next boss off our back while we made quick work of the one fought.)

At 50% stop completely with the Psychoanima, the effects of the anima do not stack!

A few important things with Promyvions:

1. when doing one make sure the entire party has enough time to farm or have at least the 2 important anima.
If they don't want to, tail out! 90% chance you will lose again.
2. Don't go blasting 2 hours right at the start, save those until the last 30ish% to get the boss down asap.
3. Have a good anima order, have the least active person during a bossfight call them out.
4. Bring meds, seriously don't save any money on those.
Melee: Reraise, Hi potions, Food.
Mages: Reraise, Drinks, Hi-Ethers, Food.
If anyone doesn't have the money or doesn't want to dish out money for meds, sorry to be rude but DITCH THEM!
They're a third leg and will do nothing but leech.
5. Know your boss and kit up for it.
Holla uses a move that sleeps and curses, everyone needs poison potions and holy water.
No excuse of "but the whm can cursna/cure me awake", they bring it or hit the road.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Shirai wrote:
Sugami wrote:You need buttloads of anima to win prommies and know when to use them (ones that stop TP attacks at the end).

You can have all the anima you can get and still wipe horribly if there is no particular order in using them.
The Promy bosses can litterally be turned into punching bags if you use these correctly.
Just decide a good order at start and let one person (the leader) call out when to use them.

2 of the 3 Anima are really useful for the fights the third is to recover quickly if something goes wrong.

Psychoanima the most useful to start with obtained through a recollection of Fear.
These stop a boss' regular attacks for roughly 30 seconds.
(The boss will be intimidated for 30ish seconds, it will however use special attacks.)
A good order to use these would be the first 50% of the fight.
Have a member of the party use it every 30 seconds. (Order could be Tank > Melee1 > Melee 2 > Member 3 > etc. until the boss reaches 50% of it's health.)

Hysteroanima the most useful for stopping a boss' nasty moves obtained through a recollection of Pain.
As stated, it stops the boss from using it's specials.
Start using these the last 50% in the same order as the Psychoanima.

Terroanima is the least usefull but obtained through a Recollection of Guilt.
This makes the boss panic and run around stopping all it's attacks.
This is handy if you are in a pinch to recover the party (IE Benediction), but no melee will be able to land any hit when it's in a panic attack and Astral Flow will simply not land because the boss will move out of range the whole time.
(The best use for it was Promyvion-Vahzl for me to get the next boss off our back while we made quick work of the one fought.)

At 50% stop completely with the Psychoanima, the effects of the anima do not stack!

A few important things with Promyvions:

1. when doing one make sure the entire party has enough time to farm or have at least the 2 important anima.
If they don't want to, tail out! 90% chance you will lose again.
2. Don't go blasting 2 hours right at the start, save those until the last 30ish% to get the boss down asap.
3. Have a good anima order, have the least active person during a bossfight call them out.
4. Bring meds, seriously don't save any money on those.
Melee: Reraise, Hi potions, Food.
Mages: Reraise, Drinks, Hi-Ethers, Food.
If anyone doesn't have the money or doesn't want to dish out money for meds, sorry to be rude but DITCH THEM!
They're a third leg and will do nothing but leech.
5. Know your boss and kit up for it.
Holla uses a move that sleeps and curses, everyone needs poison potions and holy water.
No excuse of "but the whm can cursna/cure me awake", they bring it or hit the road.
Only problem I see in there Shirai, is I think the Psycho and Hystero DO stack. :? I remember when we did mine we used the two of them together, everyone in our pt had them both, and we each would use them as a pair. When the 30 seconds was up for one person to use them, the next person went with their two.
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Thats not even remotely True. You need skill to win Promies. I completed Promy Mea and Holla WITHOUT any anime at all. Dem we used anima (which turned out to be overkill) and that was just for fun.

Setup for DEM was:

BLM/WHM
BLM/WHM
WHM/BLM
DRK/WAR (me)
WAR/NIN
WAR/NIN

Setup for Mea was:

WAR/NIN
WAR/NIN
RNG/NIN
RNG/NIN
RNG/NIN
WHM/BLM
PLD/WAR

Setup for Holla was:

DRK/WAR (Me)
WAR/NIN
RNG/NIN
RNG/NIN
RNG/NIN
WHM/BLM
SMN/WHM

They were very simple and I actually wasted my time farming anima. I have no idea why ppl always shout out for smn's for promies. Ive lost more times because we has a SMN and not something useful like an extra DD or more Healing Magic. I don't know why ppl don't ask for Drk's in Promies Either. I think The Empties count as Arcana or something, because I was pwning them as my DRK. The bosses were easy as well. :lol:
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

SMNs are popular for the promyies because they're one of the few jobs that can deal massive damage reliably at that level, if played right.

Promy mobs fall under their own category (Empty) and their respective families (Wanderer, Gorger, etc.) not Arcana.

Arcana members are: Bombs, Cardians, Chariots, Clusters, Detectors, Dolls, Evil Weapons, Gears, Golems, Khimaira, Magic Pots, Mimics, Ramparts and Snolls.
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Sugami wrote:Ideally you'd want one anima per person if not more.
Ideally you want three Anima per person, but you can make do with less. Maybe.

Its not like farming Anima is hard or anything.....

Why don't people level low 20ish jobs on the first floor of the Craigs?
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Phoenixhawk wrote: Thats not even remotely True. You need skill to win Promies. I completed Promy Mea and Holla WITHOUT any anime at all. Dem we used anima (which turned out to be overkill) and that was just for fun.
PH we're talking normal Promyvion setups here.

Not everyone is lucky to get uberparties going through them.
Please before making such calls about needing skill I suggest you take a normal ballanced setup through without anima and see how you fare against them then.
Neither of those parties you name parties is even remotely normal or ballanced in setup.
I can also put 4 summoners in a party and astral burn it saying, HAY LOOK NO ANIMA NEEDED LOL!!

BTW I think you're not telling the truth either, 2/3 parties has 7 members and is a typical "pre-ranger-nerf Allakhazam help I can't win the promies normally" setup.
Sorry kinda hard to believe that story.

I've done every promy over 20 times each with every thinkable setup imaginable to help a lot of people out, so I think I know what I'm talking about.
(Although I didn't know anima could indeed stack, I was always told it didn't and never bothered to try as we always did fine anyway.)
Last edited by Shirai on Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sakino
Big Cat

Post by Sakino »

Shirai wrote:
Phoenixhawk wrote: (Although I didn't know anima could indeed stack, I was always told it didn't and never bothered to try as we always did fine anyway.)
They don't stack. They are rare/ex. :/
Ph33r th3 b4rd!

[img]http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/4166/131035531942hl.gif[/img]

"Wealth is an illusion, power is fleeting, but tuna... tuna is REAL!" - Brynmor of Phoenix
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

They're not talking about stacks of the rare/ex anima but whether or not the effects stack.
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Shirai wrote:You can have all the anima you can get and still wipe horribly if there is no particular order in using them.
Well that goes without saying but it's not rocket science :P
It's common knowledge bosses spam TP attacks when low on health (at least you'd think) so save those Hystero for the last 30% or so.
PheonixHawk wrote:DRK/WAR (Me)
WAR/NIN
RNG/NIN
RNG/NIN
RNG/NIN
WHM/BLM
SMN/WHM
That's 7 people :P haxing those BCs? :P
ScarlettPheonix wrote:SMNs are popular for the promyies because they're one of the few jobs that can deal massive damage reliably at that level, if played right.
I think they've gimped Astral Flow in prommies now :( last few times I've seen them it's fallen short of 500 and pretty sure they used to do more :oops:
Tsybil wrote:Ideally you want three Anima per person, but you can make do with less. Maybe.
Hehe think that's a bit overkill. Obviously the more you have the better and easier the fight will go. I wouldn't want any less than 2 or 3 hystero to stop the TP spamga at the end.
Shirai wrote:PH we're talking normal Promyvion setups here.
The normal/desired setup for prommies would be; WAR/NINx2 (PLD can substitute), WHM, DDx3 (BLM, RNG or SMN). BLM and RNG 'cause can hit moving targets and SMN for Astral Flow.

You'd really need at least 2 SMN to get by without the use of anima 'cause TP spamming at the end will finish you off. One spits out hoards of babies, another drains and another a powerful AOE attack, no way can survive a spamming of those.
Sakino wrote:They don't stack. They are rare/ex. :/
They were talking about the effects stacking not the items themselves :P
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Sugami wrote: I think they've gimped Astral Flow in prommies now :( last few times I've seen them it's fallen short of 500 and pretty sure they used to do more :oops:
Pretty normal damage for level 30 cap, it's about 15~20%.
It can be boosted to 700 if you can guess the element of the boss.
(Usually the glowy orb inside it betrays it's element so you can whack it with the stronger element. Using the avatar of the elemental day also gives a little damage bonus.)
Tsybil wrote:Ideally you want three Anima per person, but you can make do with less. Maybe.
Hehe think that's a bit overkill. Obviously the more you have the better and easier the fight will go. I wouldn't want any less than 2 or 3 hystero to stop the TP spamga at the end.
Have all bring anima, don't be lazy be prepared for the worst.
If you fail a fight while having used anima but no 2 hours yet you always have backup to try again without having to farm for hours again, and then having to reclimb the promyvions.
Shirai wrote:PH we're talking normal Promyvion setups here.
The normal/desired setup for prommies would be; WAR/NINx2 (PLD can substitute), WHM, DDx3 (BLM, RNG or SMN). BLM and RNG 'cause can hit moving targets and SMN for Astral Flow.
PH is naming setups that were used pre ranger nerf (over a year ago) that Allakhazam is spammed full with.
It's an old strategy that has stopped working after SE updated ranger.
Before rangers could burn the bosses for 50->100 per shot taking it down insanely fast without having to take range in account.
There is indeed a "prefered" setup for these but every balanced setup can beat them basicly, the secret IS in the anima.
Summoner is indeed a desired job for them, but needed?
I would have to say no.

BTW, Astral flow needs the avatar to be in direct contact with the mob because when it's out of range your astral flow BP is lost.
You'd really need at least 2 SMN to get by without the use of anima 'cause TP spamming at the end will finish you off. One spits out hoards of babies, another drains and another a powerful AOE attack, no way can survive a spamming of those.
Not really, but luck and a huge pile of medicines is a big factor.
Sakino wrote:They don't stack. They are rare/ex. :/
They were talking about the effects stacking not the items themselves :P
Yes I mean the effects.
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Shirai wrote:BTW, Astral flow needs the avatar to be in direct contact with the mob because when it's out of range your astral flow BP is lost.
Oh yes indeedy and it sucks loads when some idiot pops the anima that makes it run around like crazy just as you announced you were 2hring :x

LIke I said Sug- SMNs are among the most powerful DDs in the first 3 promies when played right. As Shirai already mentioned, mob weakness (and to a lesser extent day of the week) plays a big part in playing it correctly.

Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

1. My apologies. There was NO SMN in the party of Holla, and There was ONLY ONE war for the setup for Mea. I was typing so fast I didn't catch it.

2. So what if RNG's got nerfed. We beat it without anima because we all stacked up on a stack of potions. How we won was truly luck tho, because 2 of our members did Die. BUT we did do it without Anima. And If you seriously don't believe me, I can even give you the names of the ppl who did it with me on Phoenix server, and they will tell you the exact same thing.

3. And call me a liar again and I will NEVER post here again. Doesn't take a rocket sceintist to figure out that only 6 members are allowed in a Promy. I have no reason to lie to you guys here on this forum. Hell if you really want me to explain in detail what happened, I can. I didn't mention that as my War I used a GA and didnt even hit the mob once. I didn't tell you that during Dem we spammed the heck outta it with our anima. Or how We beat Mea with just 1 person alive to deliver the final blow. But you know, if your not willing to think about the possibilites of completing it without anima, then I have nothing more to say.

P.S. I said the bosses were easy, even after we had our butts kicked mostly because we dropped its HP very very quickly. Its was the last couple of the Mobs HP that was difficult. In my book with the BCNM's ive done. I would definately consider them EASY. After all I was 1/1 on DEM, 1/2 on Holla, and 1/2 on MEA.
Last edited by Pheonixhawk on Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Sakino wrote:
Shirai wrote:
Phoenixhawk wrote: (Although I didn't know anima could indeed stack, I was always told it didn't and never bothered to try as we always did fine anyway.)
They don't stack. They are rare/ex. :/
Wha? I never said Anima stacks.
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

Pheonixhawk wrote:
Sakino wrote:
Shirai wrote: They don't stack. They are rare/ex. :/
Wha? I never said Anima stacks.
He/she/whatever probably meant that the effects of Animas stack.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Shirai wrote:Pretty normal damage for level 30 cap, it's about 15~20%.
It can be boosted to 700 if you can guess the element of the boss.
(Usually the glowy orb inside it betrays it's element so you can whack it with the stronger element. Using the avatar of the elemental day also gives a little damage bonus.)
SMN must have been using the wrong avatars I guess. 300-500 seemed kinda weak att :oops:
Kinda hard to guess the element when Ice, Water and Wind look very similar :oops:
PH is naming setups that were used pre ranger nerf (over a year ago) that Allakhazam is spammed full with.
It's an old strategy that has stopped working after SE updated ranger.
I went in with my RNG post-nerf and still did good damage. RNG is still a powerhouse of damage, especially at 30 and you're standing back and shooting anyways not up in their face. Barrage and EES make light work of the boss.
BTW, Astral flow needs the avatar to be in direct contact with the mob because when it's out of range your astral flow BP is lost.
I know :P
Not really, but luck and a huge pile of medicines is a big factor.
Of course everyone should go in with meds otherwise you're setting yourself up for failure. Could have all the meds in the world but without those anima you'll still most likely fail :oops:
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Confirmed: I am the best WHM ever!

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Confirmed: I am the best WHM ever!

Post by xaresity »

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо