*grumble grumble*

A place to talk about... anything!
Dinamira
Kitten

*grumble grumble*

Post by Dinamira »

Anyone else tired of the trouble getting the FFXI version update? 'Cause I am. :/

*hits play*
Yay! It works!
*10%...13%...18%...*
"Network Communication Error"
*STAB STAB STAB*
*....silence....*

*...hits play again*
Name: Dinamira
Server: Remora
Race: Mithra
Home: Sand'Oria
Jobs: 19 MNK / 7 WAR
Current Goal: Getting WAR to 30
Last goal achieved: Getting my subjob!
Dukuji
Mad Cat

Post by Dukuji »

You should feel lucky. My roommate can't even get there. I say wait until the morning. :roll:
[url=http://mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Dukuji]'Kuji[/url]; The [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Ninja[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Cat[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] -------|m >^-^< m|------- Seeker of Oblivion
Maezen
Big Cat

Post by Maezen »

it's funny how completely true that is.... anyways ima wait till tomorrow to log like Dukuji suggested, after all, all the botters have to log back in first, it's their money on the line.
62 DRG/WAR (for parties)
62 DRG/WHM (for solo)
61 WHM/SMN
check the members list for more details

Bonecraft level 7
Cooking level 70
Alchemy level 9

Artifact Armors in possession = 10
Artfact Armors that can be equipped = 10
mozyr
Housecat

Post by mozyr »

What the heck is up with this version update? This is the most impossible update I've had to download yet.

-- Sarah
[blue]- Sarah
[url=http://www.livejournal.com/community/bad_rpers_suck]Bad RPers Suck[/url]
Mozyr, San d'Orian Mithra (5-2), Siren Server[/blue]
[url=http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?101810][red][b]60 DRK[/b], 51 RDM, 38 WHM, [b]37 THF, 37 WAR[/b], 33 BLM, 30 DRG, 11 MNK, 8 NIN[/url][/red]
[blue]Chaos sollerets:[/blue] [yellow]O[/yellow] [blue]Chaos gauntlets:[/blue] [yellow]O[/yellow] [blue]Chaos flanchard:[/blue] [yellow]O[/yellow] [blue]Chaos cuirass:[/blue] [yellow]O[/yellow] [blue]Chaos burgeonet:[/blue] [yellow]O[/yellow]
[blue]Genkai I:[/blue] [yellow]O[/yellow] [blue]Genkai II:[/blue] [yellow]O[/yellow] Genkai III - V:[/blue] [yellow]X[/yellow]
Dinamira
Kitten

Post by Dinamira »

It's finally going... YES! Mwahahaha!! :lol:
Dukuji
Mad Cat

Post by Dukuji »

Bah, :x I've almost got part 2 of the update done except for the past 90 minutes it's been saying I have 1 to 2 minutes left and every minute or so it adds another second. /sigh

Back to the books . . .

/sigh I should of taken my own advice

D'oh

/em slaps her own face
[url=http://mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Dukuji]'Kuji[/url]; The [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Ninja[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Cat[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] -------|m >^-^< m|------- Seeker of Oblivion
mozyr
Housecat

Post by mozyr »

I've had to restart the version update five times now. Grrr.

-- Sarah
[blue]- Sarah
[url=http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?101810][red][b]60 DRK[/b], 51 RDM, 38 WHM, [b]37 THF, 37 WAR[/b], 33 BLM, 30 DRG, 11 MNK, 8 NIN[/url][/red]
[blue]Chaos sollerets:[/blue] [yellow]O[/yellow] [blue]Chaos gauntlets:[/blue] [yellow]O[/yellow] [blue]Chaos flanchard:[/blue] [yellow]O[/yellow] [blue]Chaos cuirass:[/blue] [yellow]O[/yellow] [blue]Chaos burgeonet:[/blue] [yellow]O[/yellow]
[blue]Genkai I:[/blue] [yellow]O[/yellow] [blue]Genkai II:[/blue] [yellow]O[/yellow] Genkai III - V:[/blue] [yellow]X[/yellow]
Dinamira
Kitten

Post by Dinamira »

Who could ever resist not trying to download the version update?

No one, I tell you! No one!
mozyr
Housecat

Post by mozyr »

Grah. I just want to play, damnit. But I only have 5 minutes left on the download anyways. Yay.

-- Sarah
[blue]- Sarah
Prier
Kitten

Post by Prier »

It took 2hr to upgrade update. :cry:.
Behold the power of Love Hina Annex.
My motto is I will protect my party members from harm with Prier and his mule.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Left my machine on last night,
this morning the update was finally finished :D

It did take a long time indeed, but remember fellow kitties the whole world was getting them at the same time ;)
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Gwynn
Big Cat

Post by Gwynn »

i've had it... i spent from 5pm (just after the maintenance ended.) till 9pm rebooting, retrying, and having it fail after fail after fail...

I pray that my plants do not die because of this. if they do i'm out some 80,000 gil. :(
[b]Gwynn[/b] : [color=Orange][i] Bismark Server[/i][/color]
Primary: RDM75/BLM37
Secondary:WAR75/NIN37
Next: NIN63/WAR31
Bastok Rank: 9
ZM:17 PM 3-5 TM: 8
AFb:
WAR: Head [x] Body [ ] Gloves [x] Leggings [x] Boots [x]
RDM: Head [ ] Body [ ] Gloves [x] Leggings [x] Boots [x]
mozyr
Housecat

Post by mozyr »

One of my friends told me that the reason why this download was taking so long was because they didn't split it up between the US, Europe, and Japan -- so everyone was downloading it all at the same time on every server (hence all the lag). She said SE did this to track the gil farmers/sellers or some such thing. I'm not sure if anyone can substantiate that or not.

-- Sarah
[blue]- Sarah
Dinamira
Kitten

Post by Dinamira »

I figured it would be something like that..
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

mozyr wrote:One of my friends told me that the reason why this download was taking so long was because they didn't split it up between the US, Europe, and Japan -- so everyone was downloading it all at the same time on every server (hence all the lag). She said SE did this to track the gil farmers/sellers or some such thing. I'm not sure if anyone can substantiate that or not.

-- Sarah
The real reason is that there is only ONE dowload server. Yes EVERYONE and their pet wiveren was trying to download through one server.

I checked the population of Garuda 5 - 10 mins after I got on, 147 total, by the time my best friend got on it was 5 hours later, and the population was ovet 1000. We starten the download process at the same time, but I got lucky.
Last edited by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) on Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Maezen
Big Cat

Post by Maezen »

hope you caught some of those NM's while they were still under camped :P
62 DRG/WAR (for parties)
62 DRG/WHM (for solo)
61 WHM/SMN
check the members list for more details

Bonecraft level 7
Cooking level 70
Alchemy level 9

Artifact Armors in possession = 10
Artfact Armors that can be equipped = 10
Gwynn
Big Cat

Post by Gwynn »

Tsybil wrote:I checked the population of Garuda 5 - 10 mins after I got on, 147 total, by the time my gest friend got on it was 5 hours later, and the population was ovet 1000. We starten the download process at the same time, but I got lucky.
man, wish i could have been lucky... i'd have warped to emperor and hunted it to extinction.
[b]Gwynn[/b] : [color=Orange][i] Bismark Server[/i][/color]
Primary: RDM75/BLM37
Secondary:WAR75/NIN37
Next: NIN63/WAR31
Bastok Rank: 9
ZM:17 PM 3-5 TM: 8
AFb:
WAR: Head [x] Body [ ] Gloves [x] Leggings [x] Boots [x]
RDM: Head [ ] Body [ ] Gloves [x] Leggings [x] Boots [x]
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

What a difference a day makes.

Yesterday, once connected the download process took 1:20 or 1:30. Today on another machine it took only 20 mins.
man, wish i could have been lucky... i'd have warped to emperor and hunted it to extinction.
Currently RDM 11, WHM 8, BLM 8. The only NM I could handle is Tiny Tom Tit.... like I rrrealy would even botherrr....

/deep heartfelt sigh
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
mozyr
Housecat

Post by mozyr »

Weird. I was under the impression that they had more than one download server, or that if they had one download server, they would have broken it down by server (Siren, Midgardsormr, etc).

I was on the allakhazam forums earlier to see if I could substantiate the claim that the reason why they had us all downloading it at the same time was to track gil sellers or whatever, but I didn't come up with anything. Where my friend got that idea -- there was nothing in the information on the POL sign-on page about it beyond that they'd be changing the AH stuff a bit -- I don't know.

-- Sarah
[blue]- Sarah
Rinaah
Tomcat

Post by Rinaah »

heh.. I thought I was the only kitty with downloading problems... I guess not. :oops:
54BLM 37DRG 39WHM 20THF 20WAR 12MNK
Rank 5 Sandy
Magic Burst record: 1071 dmg
You can't have real fun without a few explosions.
Lynnx
Tomcat

Post by Lynnx »

It rrreally stinks if you only have Dial-up :cry:

Im so jealous of you cats that do have dsl. Feel lucky :x
Dinamira
Kitten

Post by Dinamira »

*luffs and worships his dsl*
Ziada
Tomcat

Post by Ziada »

Even with DSL, I was unable to play the entire day of the update. I finally got it going before bed, and it was ready the next morning.
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

w00t for cable! The DSL in this city is as slow as Dial-up, or AOL.
mozyr
Housecat

Post by mozyr »

We're on a dual access T1 line at my apartment house. The problem is that we use AT&T as our internet service provider, and unknown to our apartment house, AT&T decided earlier this year that it would be a Good Idea (TM) to cut our bandwidth in half without notifying us. So I've been lagging particularly bad on the game with downloads and whatnot ever since then.

-- Sarah
[blue]- Sarah
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: *grumble grumble*

Post by xaresity »

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо