Bombs - important safety tip

A place to talk about... anything!
Ziada
Tomcat

Bombs - important safety tip

Post by Ziada »

Many outdoor areas have bombs that only spawn during foggy weather, often for just a few minutes around dawn. They're so rarely seen that I often Check to make sure they're not notorious monsters. This week I found out that the deep end of Bibiki Bay also hosts these little scowling nightmares.

A "Teine Sith" spawned right nearby while my party was frantically fighting off the second of two high level dhalmels that linked on us. It floated over, snarling, and started whacking on people. We whacked back. Being distracted, I didn't think to cast Barfira, and the dark knight and black mage weren't ready to Stun, and none of the mages thought to run out of range, and....

Whoops.

Yeah, I haven't had that much fun since we did Tamarik's thief AF3. Thank goodness for Reraise II. :)
Tamarik
Tomcat

Post by Tamarik »

Allow me to be the first to say the you got blowed the **** up. XD
[img]http://www.lionking.org/~tamarik/sigs/ml-tamsig.gif[/img]
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

Bshooom!
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

I can only say this by seeing what happened.

PWNED!

Nice to read that you had fun tho :)
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Bombs can be your friend.

Starting at level 7 usually, I hunt the Balloons in the SE tower of the Outter Horohoto Ruins. Good EXPs, nice drops. At 12 - 15 I use them for skillups. Last time through they got my dagger to the low 30s, club to 28, lots of boosts to Elemental and Dark skill.

Of course these are the lowest level bombs you can regulary find.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Meuyi
Kitten

Post by Meuyi »

Bombs can be your friend... if you happen to be a Beastmaster. :D It'd be fun to charm a Will-o-wisp and sic it on the Goblins of Valkurm Dunes. :lol:
[img]http://klin304.homestead.com/files/FFXI/MeuyiSign.gif[/img]
Titan, Windurst Rank 5, THF 55, NIN 28, WAR 30, MNK 29, WHM 38, BLM 32, BST 12, RNG 16
...Sacrificing my NPC Healer with Sneak Attack Trick Attack Raging Fists.
CoP Status: 2-3
Ziada
Tomcat

Post by Ziada »

Meuyi wrote:Bombs can be your friend... if you happen to be a Beastmaster. :D It'd be fun to charm a Will-o-wisp and sic it on the Goblins of Valkurm Dunes. :lol:
Alas, bombs are arcana - they can't be charmed.
Fayin
Feral Cat

Post by Fayin »

:o

Dayammmm....
[b]-Fayin-[/b]
46WHM   43BLM   48THF   21WAR
59+1 Cooking   58+1 Woodworking   25 Fishing

[b]-Entourage-[/b]
Name                     Lv     GB   MHE Aketon  Warp
Fayinsjeunomule   1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinssandymule  1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinswindymule  1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinsbastymule   1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]

[size=75]"omg Ebay..."[/size]
Rinaah
Tomcat

Post by Rinaah »

Yea.... bombs are mean. I think they are the hardest mobs to avoid in the game. They are like magnets to tons of things. second hardest to avoid i think are undead things.
I went down into Gusgen Mines for Holla teleport quest and met my end after I thought I was kicking its butt. I had about 75% life when it exploded and killed me.. :cry:
54BLM 37DRG 39WHM 20THF 20WAR 12MNK
Rank 5 Sandy
Magic Burst record: 1071 dmg
You can't have real fun without a few explosions.
Prier
Kitten

Post by Prier »

I hated Self Destruct and Bomb Toss because higher the lvl, the more damage it effect. Like one time in a lvl 40 party in Gustav Tunnel. Goblin Poacher uses bomb toss. It like killed two taru taru. :cry: :cry: .
Behold the power of Love Hina Annex.
My motto is I will protect my party members from harm with Prier and his mule.
Klenath
Big Cat

Post by Klenath »

Stun is your friend, use it wisely.
Nyipo
Kitten

Post by Nyipo »

Depending on how you look at self distruct it can be your worst nightmare or your best friend. If you are a BST or even better a SMN you can solo bombs for 200-250exp and chain up to 3 for about 350. BTW what lv are the bombs in bibiki and how far in are they the bombs in ifrits culdron are getting a lil too weak for me now.
60Summoner/White Mage
Prime Avatars defeated:
Garuda
Carby Mitts-yes
Lynnx
Tomcat

Post by Lynnx »

Och... hehe :lol:
Prier
Kitten

Post by Prier »

Cool thanks :) :angel:
Behold the power of Love Hina Annex.
My motto is I will protect my party members from harm with Prier and his mule.
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Bombs - important safety tip

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting