1million voices cried as one, finally heard???

A place to talk about... anything!
Ambrey
Teh Sexeh

1million voices cried as one, finally heard???

Post by Ambrey »

This is a simple copy and paste from a forum off of Allakhazam.com. This post has in no way been modified or edited from its original post.

Is it possible that our voices have been heard? Is there hope that Squenix will soon be taking action? Let us hope so, or I am afraid, there will come a time when new LS's will spawn forth on many servers, their personal goal to make life for the gil-sellers a living hell.

Without further ramblings, here it is:

===============================================

_== Square- Enix Responds to 1,000,000 Voices Petition=_
Posted @ Wed, Nov 17th 2:40 AM2004 | IP: Logged | Reply to this | Edited: 2004-11-17 02:41:53
By: AsonitezX

114 posts
Score: Excellent [4.94]

Add to address book
Dear Tristian,

My name is Ken Narita and I am the Programming Directory for Final Fantasy XI. My job entails addressing player issues that directly affect their game play. I represent
Hiromichi Tanaka, Koichi Ishii, and Masato Kato the event programmer for much of Final Fantasy
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

Errrm....yes....I do believe this was already linked on the anti gil seller petition board. But it's nice to know others read Allakhazam.
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Ambrey
Teh Sexeh

Post by Ambrey »

Yeah, I reposted it here so members dont have to search thru 5 pages posts :D
Eviticus

Post by Eviticus »

Oooh, smart kitty.
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.

Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

I will be impressed if they actually do something other then this.

Origins, EA, Verant, NC Soft all have posted letters like this to address this problem. I have yet to see a single one of them yield results.

I hope SE will be the first to buck the trend..but i wont be caught holding my breath.
Liohs
Tomcat

Post by Liohs »

didnt E&B get shut down cuz the econ got soo out of wack
and when i was playing RO thay had to reset it 2 or 3 times do to that as well inflation got WAY out of hand stuff was selling for like 100k for low lvl items and any thing good was 1000k or more
"Death happens thats why there are White Mages..."

DRG65/WAR37/RDM34/SAM21/THF21/WHM20/BLU16/BLM14/COR10/MNK3
Rank 6
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

E&B, Jumpgate. Those are a few examples of how cash/gil/credit inflation can kill a game. The gil sellers need to be stoped by any means necessary IMHO.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Agreed,

Gilsellers are a sore in the eye to all of the players.
Also a couple of my other LS' have lots of trouble with these guys.
Some of the Gilsellers are currently haunted by us ingame allready when seen.

Unfortunatly they keep comming back, and as long as there are Gilbuyers they won't go away.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
charmeleon
Kitten

Post by charmeleon »

so what do you do when you see a gil seller :?:
and how do you tell who thay are
i'm confused?
stupid gil sellers :evil:
Ambrey
Teh Sexeh

Post by Ambrey »

There are many types of gil sellers. Some take their character to a place like Davoi or Beadeux or the like and train all the mobs in the area, then kill every one of them for the gil they drop. Others like the NM campers/botters are the most common. They hunt and camp NMs for hours even days at a time. Collecting as many of the drops as they can, placing them on the AH and jacking the prices sky high flooding the markets. They not only have their gaming skills to help them but many also employ 3rd party programs called bots, used to provoke or grab the NM faster than anyone else there. Some gilsellers when feel they are threatened by losing profits will train many mobs on to nearby competition, then leave the area in hopes of getting their competitors killed off. We also have fishermen bots, players that leave their characters unattended for hours/days at a time doing nothing but fishing then selling stacks of them at the markets. There are other types, these are but just a few types of them. Anyone else care to add anything I have left out please feel free to contribute. As for Prrrsha's comment, I agree, gil sellers must be stopped, by any means necissary...
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

Meh, I'm just quitting. The culminatin of Sq-E's inability to police their game coupled with the fact that I cannot get any good parties and also that the game is generally boring have led me to that decision.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Kopopo wrote:Meh, I'm just quitting. The culminatin of Sq-E's inability to police their game coupled with the fact that I cannot get any good parties and also that the game is generally boring have led me to that decision.
Aw,
Now that's rrreally sad to hear :cry:
But this is what those (*&$%$#( Gilsellers are doing to many in many MMORPG.
This kitty rrreally hates their guts. (And I'm not alone in this)
Charmeleon wrote:so what do you do when you see a gil seller
and how do you tell who thay are
i'm confused?
stupid gil sellers
The Description Ambrey gave is a very good one and yes I've had my share of experience with the bastards.
In time you will remember names of people.

for example on Titan there is a group recognizable by names like Bxgirl, Bjgirl and so on, allways working in pairs btw.
If anyone on Titan sees them... Make their lives misserable.
I know I have occasionally, and so has my main LS.
They made my life misserable as a newby sending all thos mobs at me while I was only trying to level my character!! :x
Maezen
Big Cat

Post by Maezen »

awww Kupopo, I hope they fix the problems with the gil sellers and that you come back to us. In the least I hope you still run rampent around the forum, we'll miss you!!
62 DRG/WAR (for parties)
62 DRG/WHM (for solo)
61 WHM/SMN
check the members list for more details

Bonecraft level 7
Cooking level 70
Alchemy level 9

Artifact Armors in possession = 10
Artfact Armors that can be equipped = 10
Mystiana
Princess Cat

Post by Mystiana »

Not to be rude .... but you don't actually believe this letter, do you? The letter simply is a response to the petition. It was written by someone in PR who had to say something to quiet the masses. It lists nothing specific that will be done. The "Lawyers" can warn all they want, it means nothing overseas.

It changes nothing. It just hopes to give everyone a warm, fuzzy feeling (which it seems to have done quite well). Sorry to rain on the parade. :P
[FFX|V] Mystiana Rulean >> BLM iL94 - DRG iL91 - SMN iL93 - SCH iL77
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1463791/
[FFXI] Mystiana@Shiva >> 99 DNC DRG SMN [currently retired]
90+ WAR BLM WHM BST BRD SCH :: 494 Merit Points
Rank 10 for all nations :: Craft: [Cooking: 54][Fishing: 50]
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Firemyst wrote:Not to be rude .... but you don't actually believe this letter, do you? The letter simply is a response to the petition. It was written by someone in PR who had to say something to quiet the masses. It lists nothing specific that will be done. The "Lawyers" can warn all they want, it means nothing overseas.

It changes nothing. It just hopes to give everyone a warm, fuzzy feeling (which it seems to have done quite well). Sorry to rain on the parade. :P
Maybe, then again maybe not.

FFXI Plays on the internet which stands under International Law.
I am not an expert on this, but there is a small chance that the actually can do something about it, Juridicly speaking.
Fayin
Feral Cat

Post by Fayin »

I'll take this w/ a grain of salt. It's pretty obvious what a character is doing if you watch them for a while but how can you prove it's a vokebot? How can you prove that it's player is selling gil?

It would be nice to see the economy stabilize but I just don't see it happening.
[b]-Fayin-[/b]
46WHM   43BLM   48THF   21WAR
59+1 Cooking   58+1 Woodworking   25 Fishing

[b]-Entourage-[/b]
Name                     Lv     GB   MHE Aketon  Warp
Fayinsjeunomule   1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinssandymule  1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinswindymule  1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinsbastymule   1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]

[size=75]"omg Ebay..."[/size]
Mystiana
Princess Cat

Post by Mystiana »

Shirai wrote:Maybe, then again maybe not.

FFXI Plays on the internet which stands under International Law.
I am not an expert on this, but there is a small chance that the actually can do something about it, Juridicly speaking.
The only thing they're breaking is the software agreement, which isn't enough of a monetary damage for Square Enix to push into an international lawsuit, even if they wanted to.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Absolutely true,

Like stated before I'm not an experty when it comes to International law.
It's just a small glimpse of hope in me that there is a slight possibillity they can do something about it.

If not, I'll just make it a personal quest to make the lives of Gilsellers a hell when I reach a reasonable level.
Still abiding the FFXI rules of course ;)
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Firemyst wrote:Not to be rude .... but you don't actually believe this letter, do you? The letter simply is a response to the petition. It was written by someone in PR who had to say something to quiet the masses. It lists nothing specific that will be done. The "Lawyers" can warn all they want, it means nothing overseas.

That is the reason why the players need to take back the game. Time to fight fire with fire.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

a Quote from an NPC in Kazham:

You might have heard the rrrumors of a great war comming.
If that time comes it will be us Mithra that will save everybody.
Eviticus

Post by Eviticus »

Developers Room
Oct-Dec 2004 Announcements
"Another issue is being addressed during this version update is the monopoly over certain monsters and items by a number of players.
The development team is currently working on several methods to combat these types of actions.
Some methods include the introduction of similar items, and new ways of obtaining items."

They're taking pot shots at the gil sellers, but at least they're aiming in the right direction....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dukuji
Mad Cat

Post by Dukuji »

Shirai wrote:a Quote from an NPC in Kazham:

Heck ya! And the swift armies of Mithra Pride will be the vanguard! We'll cut through beastmen ranks like soft butter.

Eviticus wrote:Developers Room
"Another issue is being addressed during this version update is the monopoly over certain monsters and items by a number of players.
The development team is currently working on several methods to combat these types of actions.
Some methods include the introduction of similar items, and new ways of obtaining items."

They're taking pot shots at the gil sellers, but at least they're aiming in the right direction....

Here is a link to the rest of the updates planned for (I think) Dec 9th.
[url=http://mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Dukuji]'Kuji[/url]; The [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Ninja[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Cat[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] -------|m >^-^< m|------- Seeker of Oblivion
Liohs
Tomcat

Post by Liohs »

Dukuji wrote:
Shirai wrote:a Quote from an NPC in Kazham:

Heck ya! And the swift armies of Mithra Pride will be the vanguard! We'll cut through beastmen ranks like soft butter.

Eviticus wrote:Developers Room

Here is a link to the rest of the updates planned for (I think) Dec 9th.
HERE HERE!!
"Death happens thats why there are White Mages..."

DRG65/WAR37/RDM34/SAM21/THF21/WHM20/BLU16/BLM14/COR10/MNK3
Rank 6
Ambrey
Teh Sexeh

Post by Ambrey »

Indeed, a war is coming, whether it be against the beastmen or amongst ourselves. Players against gilsellers. Its easy to see who already has the advantage, players number in the many, the legions of MithraPride grow day by day, linkshells of various types grow daily too, some devoted to wreaking havoc among gilsellers alone. Either way, the battlefields of Vana Diel are about to get even bigger :wink: Ill take this moment to say this quote: "LONG LIVE THE FIGHTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!" from Dune
Gwynn
Big Cat

Post by Gwynn »

NEWS: Dateline Bismark!

"The Jerrys" Well known Chinese Gil harvesters and all around dirty players are now OFFICIALLY GONE. Thier accounts have all been deleted, thier registration keys have been deactivated and thier range of IP addresses have been banned!

Bismark, leading the way in the anti gil harvester movement!
[b]Gwynn[/b] : [color=Orange][i] Bismark Server[/i][/color]
Primary: RDM75/BLM37
Secondary:WAR75/NIN37
Next: NIN63/WAR31
Bastok Rank: 9
ZM:17 PM 3-5 TM: 8
AFb:
WAR: Head [x] Body [ ] Gloves [x] Leggings [x] Boots [x]
RDM: Head [ ] Body [ ] Gloves [x] Leggings [x] Boots [x]
Mystiana
Princess Cat

Post by Mystiana »

Wow, that's amazing. Maybe Square Enix really is taking a new approach to the RMTs. I'm quite impressed if they are. I guess I was wrong. :roll:
Dukuji
Mad Cat

Post by Dukuji »

Firemyst wrote:Wow, that's amazing. Maybe Square Enix really is taking a new approach to the RMTs. I'm quite impressed if they are. I guess I was wrong. :roll:
Well, it ain't over until the fat taru sings . . . I hope this is more than hot air from S.E.

Like Sponge Bob is fond of saying, "I'm ready, I'm ready . . ."
[url=http://mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Dukuji]'Kuji[/url]; The [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Ninja[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Cat[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] -------|m >^-^< m|------- Seeker of Oblivion
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

I'm glad they are,
but I guess after that anouncement they had to.
It would cost a lot of players if they just said it and did nothing.
There was actually no doubt in my mind that they wouldn't.
(I'm the optimistic type ;) )

But the question is,
how long wil they keep up this offensive.
I think Gilsellers will allways be there,
but thanks to this offensive there will be a lot less of them and we will be able to get items at normal prices again.
Sivara
Big Cat

Post by Sivara »

Holy crap, Gwynn! That is AWESOME. :thumb:

(OK, we need a little dancing cat emoticon)

Anyway, I read that developer announcement yesterday, and it really made me excited. Also, check out the part about AH fees. People in the community (Allakhazam at least) are speculating that the AH fees will be a percentage of the current selling price, and this should prevent skyrocketing prices (as in the case of Archer's Rings). It might be harder to sell more expensive items (imagine selling a scroll of Erase or even a Kraken Club or a Scorpion Harness) because of the initial investment and how it cuts into the profits, but it might discourage price gouging. Tougher fees mean that it's riskier to jack up a price because it might not sell, and your gil would go down the drain. It might encourage player-to-player deals and bazaaring as well, which ties into another announced feature: those new SE forums for players. You could advertise those expensive items or schedule bazaars. That would cut out the middle-man of the auction house and the fee.

I'm fairly confident that this will at least ease the problem. Remember the issue with rusty caps? Rabao used to be laggy and crowded with rusty cap fishers. Now, it's the quiet oasis town it should be.

Sadly, this is too late for many people who have already bought those 1-million-gil Sniper's Rings or quit the game altogether. At least something is being done now.
Ambrey
Teh Sexeh

Post by Ambrey »

Dukuji wrote:
Firemyst wrote:Wow, that's amazing. Maybe Square Enix really is taking a new approach to the RMTs. I'm quite impressed if they are. I guess I was wrong. :roll:
Well, it ain't over until the fat taru sings . . . I hope this is more than hot air from S.E.

Like Sponge Bob is fond of saying, "I'm ready, I'm ready . . ."
HEY! Speakin of that fat !@#$%, I think I seen her the other day eating the AH's out of sweets, maybe she's the reason in the next patch some of the foods are now gonna become stackable! :lol: