Summer Anime 2011

All your anime and manga needs.
Sugami
Anime cat

Re: Summer Anime 2011

Post by Sugami »

Dantalian no Shoka - Fantasy, adventure with a touch of comedy. Art is pretty good with some really cool effects and backgrounds. The story strikes me as pretty interesting, don't really know what I can compare this one to but I was pleasantly surprised. It may be one for Shiria :P
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Appleseed XIII - Finally someone picked it up/it was released, was beginning to worry for a second. First thing to note is everything is CG, with the possible exception of some backgrounds looking hand drawn. Humans look a bit... off, for want of a better word but otherwise the CG is pretty awesome with a heavy cel-shaded feel. I found the story a little hard to follow, not sure if it expects you to know about the old Appleseed stuff but probably just the way the story is being told. Definitely give this one a shot, Shirai :P
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Yea, planning to.

As for hard to grasp stories, that's Shirow for you.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Some observations or whatnot about the a few of the series since they've progressed a little.

My opinion of Rou Kyuu Bu and YuraYuri has improved a bit. Rou Kyuu Bu's loli-fanservice is still disturbing but after the first episode the story has fleshed out a bit (or been made apparent) and it's somewhat interesting now, can emphasise with the characters a bit more. YuraYuri's gotten funnier, definitely has that A-Channel kind of feel, not quite as good I feel but it's still good entertainment.

I get the feeling fans of Blood won't actually like Blood-C, seems like it doesn't really know who it's aimed towards. There's a very heavy feel of "shoujo-manga" with the character designs being tall and skinny and the high school setting and characters but then there's the action part with all the blood and stuff and of course the characters have big boobs too so there's the "shounen jump" feel to it.

I just can't help but to smile when watching Usagi Drop, it's one of those stories that makes you feel all warm and cuddly inside :)

Ever wondered what the Ah! My Goddess people were up to since then? I'm pretty sure they're working on No. 6 now, art style seems bang on. Also heard there's going to be a sequel, called No. 7 (kidding) :rofl:
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

I just have a few things to say about Blood-C...

WHAT THE F**K? WHAT THE F**K? WHAT THE F**K?! :rofl:

So around episode 6-8 there was a big event that basically killed off the "shoujo-manga" aspect of the show and episode 11 there was a HUGE reveal that shakes things up so much and seems to tie it to the original OAV. There's also so much blood that it needs to get censored for TV :o
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Blood-C movie in June :D If you had asked me if I cared about a Blood-C movie at the start of the series I'd have said no, but holy crap what an end. Seems like the series is basically a prologue to the movie.
xaresity
Queen Cat

Post by xaresity »

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо