What happens when you die?

Urnvash
Kitten

What happens when you die?

Post by Urnvash »

I've never played FF 11....yet, I'll be on it next week :) . So what happens when you die? On normal final fantasys you don't lose anystuff and just load it from your last save (oh yeah and also is saving just as normal?). Please can u answer ;)!
*Called Noshlam on final fantasy XI*
Gwynn
Big Cat

Post by Gwynn »

technically you do not "die." at 0 HP.

There are crystals scattered around Vana'diel called Home Points. When you die, you are given an hour to be Raised or you can opt to go back to your Home Point. 10% of your level exp is lost (if your level one, you need 500 to go to level 2. if you go to homepoint, you lose 50 exp) for going to Home point, or 5% loss for waiting for a White Mage (level 25+) or a Red Mage (Level 38+) to cast the Raise spell on you.
[b]Gwynn[/b] : [color=Orange][i] Bismark Server[/i][/color]
Primary: RDM75/BLM37
Secondary:WAR75/NIN37
Next: NIN63/WAR31
Bastok Rank: 9
ZM:17 PM 3-5 TM: 8
AFb:
WAR: Head [x] Body [ ] Gloves [x] Leggings [x] Boots [x]
RDM: Head [ ] Body [ ] Gloves [x] Leggings [x] Boots [x]
Mystiana
Princess Cat

Post by Mystiana »

... Actually, you don't lose experience until level 3. ^^;

You lose the 10% experience immedately (hence the possibility of the lovely 'Level Down' effect). If you get a Raise, you will receive 25% of your lost experience back. Raise II gives 75% back, and Raise III gives 90% (95?) back.
[FFX|V] Mystiana Rulean >> BLM iL94 - DRG iL91 - SMN iL93 - SCH iL77
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1463791/
[FFXI] Mystiana@Shiva >> 99 DNC DRG SMN [currently retired]
90+ WAR BLM WHM BST BRD SCH :: 494 Merit Points
Rank 10 for all nations :: Craft: [Cooking: 54][Fishing: 50]
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

Don't go into teh light!!!
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

That's pretty much it though. You don't lose exp, items, or cash. It's pretty much negligible as to getting a raise or not before level 10. So you may lose 50-200 exp. Solo for a bit and it's all back. Where I am however at mid lvl 20's, I'll lose 500ish per death. Most defintely a wait for a Whm deal. ^.^
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Dukuji
Mad Cat

Post by Dukuji »

I think a key issue here is also "prepare for death." It happens . . . sometimes a lot (at least more than you may want). With the Warrior job, death is a constant companion on the battle field. (Same goes for the Paladin and other jobs that choose to tank.) Nobody wants to die (unless you are casting warp III on yourself, a.k.a. Ghetto warp; but that is another subject for another day) but some jobs tend to, and in some cases are expected to, die before others. As a warrior, if the party I'm in gets attacked by an additional monster or if the battle is not going our way I'm willing to give it everything I got until I can give no more. And hopefully, hopefully it's enough to save my party from a similar fate. In the eyes of many true tanks, if they are the only one to die in a fight, it is still a victory for the party.

Death happens, that’s why there are healers and raisers in the game.
[url=http://mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Dukuji]'Kuji[/url]; The [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Ninja[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Cat[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] -------|m >^-^< m|------- Seeker of Oblivion
Gwynn
Big Cat

Post by Gwynn »

Dukuji wrote:unless you are casting warp III on yourself, a.k.a. Ghetto warp; but that is another subject for another day.
I've never heard of calling it WarpIII... that's great. :rofl:

Deathwarp: Deeth worp' N.
1.) To intentionally die to travel to your homepoint quickly.
See also: Bloodwarp : Deathport : Bloodport : Ghetto Warp : Warp III
[b]Gwynn[/b] : [color=Orange][i] Bismark Server[/i][/color]
Primary: RDM75/BLM37
Secondary:WAR75/NIN37
Next: NIN63/WAR31
Bastok Rank: 9
ZM:17 PM 3-5 TM: 8
AFb:
WAR: Head [x] Body [ ] Gloves [x] Leggings [x] Boots [x]
RDM: Head [ ] Body [ ] Gloves [x] Leggings [x] Boots [x]
Amiricle
Big Cat

Post by Amiricle »

Kopopo wrote:Don't go into teh light!!!
But the light is soo prrretty :P
FFXI~ Cactuar: Isania // Midgardsormyr: Amiricle // Bismark: Amiricle & Kaust
FFXIV~ Sargotanas ~ Ami'a Mihgo
Urnvash
Kitten

Post by Urnvash »

I'm crying with fustration, i just installed FF XI and all the expansions and it says something or other mssing hardwaer or summin, then it corrupt the data now I've got to install the update all over and it took my 2 hours and i was sitting there watching it now I've got 2 do it all over :cry: I'M SO FUSTRATED I FEEL LIKE HITTING SOMETHING!!!!!!! :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
*Called Noshlam on final fantasy XI*
Nivez
Story Cat

Post by Nivez »

/cry :(

anyway mist, Raise 3 doesnt have an exp returned thigie, it always restores all but 200 exp lost no matter the lvl (assuming your above lvl 50), this is of course unless you have Moghancement: Exp, in which case, the exp loss is even less.
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

Look on the bright side, you could be running on dial-up like me.

Eviticus: Woot! I just installed CoP!.....hmm...it wants to update? Alright....2 hours...ok, I can deal with that....3 hours, what the hell? 5 Hours....*Takes a nap...*
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: What happens when you die?

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: What happens when you die?

Post by xaresity »

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо