About Action Taken Against Third-Party Tool Users

A place to talk about... anything!
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

About Action Taken Against Third-Party Tool Users

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

From the main POL site:

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news8139.shtml

Today, a number of accounts which were confirmed to have violated the user agreement by using unauthorized third-party software tools within FINAL FANTASY XI to enable abnormal in-game movement were discovered and have been permanently suspended.

Based on the results of an investigation, over 2,000 PlayOnline accounts have been either suspended or terminated on Jul. 21, 2006 for the malicious and intentional use of these third-party tools.

We would like to take this time to remind our players that the use of any third-party tools will not only destroy the in-game balance, but will also encourage RMT (Real Money Trade) activities. We will continue to take strict actions against those individuals that we have confirmed to have used such tools.

Please note that some of these third-party tools may cause character information to be altered, erased, or personal information to be leaked to unwanted third parties. If you come across a third-party tool over the Internet, we ask that you please refrain from the download of such a tool, no matter how minor it may appear to be.

To ensure our customers could enjoy their games safely, we will continue to apply measurements to combat these third-party tools and violations.

We thank you for your cooperation and understanding in this matter.

And so it begins......
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Kandora
Kitten

Post by Kandora »

Am I the only one that worries that perhaps their account was included in the purge?
I have never used a third party tool, but there is some lingering doubt.
I also have a fear that there is a bench warrant for me whenever I go to get a new drivers license.

Perhaps I am just paranoid.
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

I do not use any third party program. I have worked too long and too hard on my character to chance fate.
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
MittensValefor
Big Cat

Post by MittensValefor »

I use windower. If SE decides to ban me for that, so be it... I'd have quit this game ages ago if not for windower. I don't know how PC users can stand hours of LFG without being able to check e-mail, browse the net, etc.
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16
http://www.allpeopleeverywhere.com/
Leane
Irresponsible Adventurer

Post by Leane »

Kandora wrote:Am I the only one that worries that perhaps their account was included in the purge?
I am a little bit
Kandora wrote:Perhaps I am just paranoid.
maybe just a little
MittensValefor wrote:I use windower. If SE decides to ban me for that, so be it... I'd have quit this game ages ago if not for windower. I don't know how PC users can stand hours of LFG without being able to check e-mail, browse the net, etc.
I don't use a windower, I just happen to have a second computer, its a laptop, but unfortunately it won't run FFXI
Shinrasin
Tomcat

Post by Shinrasin »

I know i use windower, And i get away with it alot.

[GM]Sir your using a 3 party program
[Me] I didnt know window xp was a 3 party program, If your going to band me?

It would suck if i got band for using window xp lol
[img]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g11/Shinrasin/Signature/Shinrasin-Evil-Sigs.png[/img]

[img]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g11/Shinrasin/Signature/Dark-Shinrasin-2.png[/img]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Must... resist... urge... to fix... grammar...

It doesn't bother me the slightest, I don't use windower and never have done.

Windows XP doesn't count as a third-party program, it's an operating system. Pretending to be ignorant probably won't save you.
Sakino
Big Cat

Post by Sakino »

Posting that you use one on a forum that SE may visit isn't too bright. :wink:

I'd imagine that they have a staff member that checks forums to look for people who use 3rd party programs then confront them in game. It would explain how some people get banned for using a windower while others do not.
Ph33r th3 b4rd!

[img]http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/4166/131035531942hl.gif[/img]

"Wealth is an illusion, power is fleeting, but tuna... tuna is REAL!" - Brynmor of Phoenix
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Ignorance is no defense and honestly, I think there should be a zero-tolerance policy on ALL third-party programs.

I went down to HSC the other day and for $50 got a perfectly good Laptop PC from their "Bargain Bin" so if you know where to look you CAN surf the net, IM chat, etc while LFG without Windower.

Then again, I play on PS2 and (On those rare occasions I get my roommate to stop playing GRAW or Prey) Xbox 360 so its never been an issue for me.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Sakino wrote:Posting that you use one on a forum that SE may visit isn't too bright. :wink:

I'd imagine that they have a staff member that checks forums to look for people who use 3rd party programs then confront them in game. It would explain how some people get banned for using a windower while others do not.
People on GameFAQs, with character name and server in their sig, post about it a lot. So I don't think that is it.

People silly enough to say they use it in game, where the GMs can read it, rarely get confronted about it.

People who blatently use speed hacks and claim bots in front of people who call GMs to report it do not often get banned either.

I think I will look for the whiners on GameFAQs after I finish here. Might be fun.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Yukira
Feral Cat

Post by Yukira »

Sugami wrote:It doesn't bother me the slightest, I don't use windower and never have done.
Same here, plenty of other stuff to do while LFP, like reading a good book for example. :)
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: About Action Taken Against Third-Party Tool Users

Post by xaresity »

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт