How much has FFXI cost you?

A place to talk about... anything!
Keavy
Drunker than thou

How much has FFXI cost you?

Post by Keavy »

Well, let's do the math:

$100 for the Hard Drive and Game (PS2 version).

Then $30 each for the two expansion packs.

Then $14 a month from May 2004 (March and April were part of the "Free Trial) to April 2005 (Had to quit in April because PS2 died.) Then October 2005 (FINALLY scraped together enough cash for a new PS2) to now.

So that's $100+60+($14 X 21) and if you wanna throw in my Network adaptor and 2 keyboards that's $40, $30, and $20 so total is $454 without the Network adaptor and 2 keyboards and $544 with those items. Also add in the Xbox 360 version I bought that I never get to play because my roommate is ALWAYS on GRAW and I have spent a total of $594 so far on FFXI.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Kailea
Mad Cat

Post by Kailea »

HAHAHAHA *twitch* not sure if I want to really know...but here it goes...

PC 49.99 COP 29.99 TOU 29.99
PS2 99.99 COP 29.99 TOU 29.99
14.95 since 2003 OCT 31.....

PC 110
PS2 160
FEE 508

Rounded up gives me 778.....oh my god -.-
Cecil-FFIV: I'm just a knight with no courage to disobey his Majesty.....
Kain-FFIV: I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.....
Sakino
Big Cat

Post by Sakino »

$50 for retail FFXI in Oct 2003

$30 for CoP

$30 ToAU

$13 a month until Feb 2004 = $52

$16 a month until Feb 2005 (roughly) = $192

$18 a month until Oct 2005 (roughly) = $144

$23 a month until present = $207

Total = $750

Time spent in Vanadiel with good friends = Priceless
Ph33r th3 b4rd!

[img]http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/4166/131035531942hl.gif[/img]

"Wealth is an illusion, power is fleeting, but tuna... tuna is REAL!" - Brynmor of Phoenix
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Rough guestimate, a few thousand.

Account 1, 9 characters. Started within two weeks of the NA release.

Account 2, 2 characters. About a year now.

1/2 of a third account, 10 characters. Close to two years.

Computer upgrades that would have not been necessary had I not played this game. Keeping a spare running just in case. (My best friend is using it now as her PC died, and even being a platform junkie, and owning a PS2, well... the graphics on it lack. OK, make a PC user's eyes bleed.) I would have bought the flat screen anyway, really.

We will not mention opportunity costs....

Still, it has cost some their job, their college carrer, their spouses, kids, self respect, waistline, muscle tone, ........
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Ziada
Tomcat

Post by Ziada »

Ah, but you should figure in how much FFXI has *saved* you too. All the other video games you didn't buy cause you were busy with FFXI and didn't have time, the movies you didn't go watch, etc... :D
WHM 75 - SMN 75 - BLM 63 - Midgardsormr
Windurst Rank 10 - RoZ and CoP completed
Alchemy 60 - Cooking 54 - Goldsmithing 24
Mystiana
Princess Cat

Post by Mystiana »

I built a computer during the NA beta, because the one I had couldn't handle the effects of Stone: $650

While Square Enix provides me with the game and expansions for free, they don't pay for the account: $13 for the first 13 months. $14 for 17 months and $15 for 2 months: $437

I bought a new laptop that could handle FFXI, minus selling the old laptop (1100 - 450) : $650

Found the PS2 version at Fry's one day + CoP: $80

I bought a wireless keyboard today for my 360: $40

It sounds like a lot, but I always say that if I get an hour of fun for every dollar I spent on a game, I got a good game. My play time is over 200 days, and I don't idle for bazaar. I hope at least enough of those hours were fun to cover all my expenses. :)
[FFX|V] Mystiana Rulean >> BLM iL94 - DRG iL91 - SMN iL93 - SCH iL77
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1463791/
[FFXI] Mystiana@Shiva >> 99 DNC DRG SMN [currently retired]
90+ WAR BLM WHM BST BRD SCH :: 494 Merit Points
Rank 10 for all nations :: Craft: [Cooking: 54][Fishing: 50]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

I'm unsure of when I got the extra mules, what's the standard charge per month?

As for the game I got FFXI + RoZ + CoP for free (birthday present-ish) and ToAU for £17 I think.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

FFXI + RoZ + CoP € 42.90
ToAU € 21.90
Playing since EU release day 1 (October 2004) = 20 months - 1 month Free trial.

19*€15 = €285

Total sum = €349.80

As calculated in how much I play and leave my Char/Mules to bazaar it's not that much.
Other addictions cost me more then that.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: How much has FFXI cost you?

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru