Cooking gear

Jbones
Kitten

Cooking gear

Post by Jbones »

hey i had a question if sum one could help me out ?? how do i get the cooking gear clothes is it a quest of sum sort for the cookin guild or what or do i buy from the guild any help would be appreciated :)
Jbones
Kitten

Post by Jbones »

nvm i think i found it its from a npc but how would i get from npc do i need more rank in cooking my cookin skill is currently at 8??
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

The gear is earned with Guild Points. Once you get to level 28 and atain whatever rank 28 is (I forget) you can start a contract with the guild to obtain points. You turn in items you craft (or, you sneaky kitty you) buy. Different item each day and cooking rank.

Here is a site that gives each day's items:

http://www.ffrecipe.com/guildPattern.php?lang=en

Level 8 cook? Have you passed the first test yet? Any cooking questions I can answer, I will be happy to.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Jbones
Kitten

Post by Jbones »

thank u for the help tsybil i will be sure to ask for more help if need be but i guess i need to get cookin skill up more huh also goin to take cookin exam in a few to make the sub sandwich yum lol :D
Jbones
Kitten

Post by Jbones »

i also got anutha question whats the quickest or easiest way to skillup in cookin i wanna get those clothes they look kinda cool plus i wanna make the good food :lol: any help on that would really be appreciated cuz im really gettin tired of making orange juice :?
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Right now Wind + Bastore Sardine = 2 Slices of Sliced Sardine. Used to sell well, profitably even if you bought the fish. Level cap 11. Caps at 11 fishing too, Lugworms, salt water, once you learn how to fish, Sabiki Rig.

Roast Mushroom Level cap 16, Fire,Sleepshroom x2, Rock Salt; or Woozyshrooms or Danceshrooms.

Roast Mutton Level cap 17, Fire Dried Marjoram, Giant Sheep Meat, Mhaura Garlic. Makes some Gil, the meat is usually cheap in Bastok or San D'oria. Check regonal vendors and shops for the Garlic if the AH is outrageous.

Pea Soup Level cap 18, Fire, Blue Peas x3, Distilled Water, Dried Marjoram, Wild Onion. Sells only when it is the Guild point item.

Selbina Butter x4 Level cap 20, Ice, Selbina Milk, Rock Salt. Save as much as you can for pie dough later. Selbina Regonial vendor for the milk.

Then straight to......... TADAH!!!

Insect Ball x12 Level cap 29, Earth, Millioncorn, Little Worm, Distilled Water. Pure Profit. Corn from the Aragoneu regionial merchant or the grocery in Southern San D'oria. Yes it is a bit of a gap at first, but soooo... cheap.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Jbones
Kitten

Post by Jbones »

thank u again i will try those and see how i skill up but i must level 1st :D
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Good hunting.

Another thing to do with Insect Paste is catch Moat Carp with it and sell those.

I use crafting as a refuge from leveling. :lol: :lol:

Jbones
Kitten

Post by Jbones »

another thing i was making sub sandwichs yesterday and the 1st one i made was an HQ one :D now i was like whoa what is this i dont know what to do with it do i sell it or what but i tried again but only made the regular sub it was weird so HQ stuff is just random?? plz i need help again lol :?
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Jbones wrote:another thing ....HQ stuff is just random?? plz i need help again lol :?
Yes and no. You always have something like a 1 or 2% chance of HQ synths. At 11 levels over the skillcap you have a 10% chance, 31 over a 30% chance, 51 over, a 50% chance. This is stepped, not linear and does include any +s from synth support (Advanced synth support is +3).

To increase the odds on HQ, synth on the new moon, darkday or the day your crystal is weak to, face the direction your crystal is weak to. For Earth, that would be Windday or Darkday, facing SE.

Sometimes you will get the HQ animation but no different result. Some synths just can't be HQed, Insect Paste for instance, and others the HQ 1 is the same as the NQ, but the HQ 2 or 3 is different.

Sell the HQ sub or take it along on your next trip to the Dunes.

Jbones
Kitten

Post by Jbones »

but im only a skill 9 in cookin havent even hit 10 yet :lol: ok i still dont get sum of the stuff but i will just takes time how much should i sell the sub for it looks so yummy mmm sum1 told me to sell it for 1 mil ?? :shock:
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Salmon Sub, 30 mins,
* Dexterity +2
* Vitality +1
* Agility +1
* Intelligence +2
* Mind -2
* Ranged Accuracy +2

Ilm-long Sub, 60 mins,
* Dexterity +2
* Vitality +1
* Agility +1
* Intelligence +2
* Mind -2
* Ranged Accuracy +3

Maybe put it in your Bazarre at 1M just to show you did it.

Pretty good broad spectrum low level melee food.

Enjoy whatever you do with it.

Jbones
Kitten

Post by Jbones »

kk :D
also grats on the maat fight :D
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

How I mine for fish?! :?:
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Cooking gear

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Cooking gear

Post by xaresity »

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо