Samurai MAAT Tips And Suggestions.

Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Samurai MAAT Tips And Suggestions.

Post by Karou Ariyen »

I Plan to take him down on war and Sam alike. War I figured out (lousy router) So I'll take the next stab when i hit 66 Samurai. What's the best way to do this? :?:
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

Watch our for 2hr Asuran spam.
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

I haven't got to where my melee kitty is ready for Maat but I have been thinking about it.

The nebulious plans are like this:

Meditate, Oppo oppo neckalce + sleep potions to 300% TP.

Weaponskill, 2 hour, weaponskill, meditate, weaponskill, weaponskill, Icarus wing, weaponskill, weaponskill.

Details like what weaponskills to self light at every step of the way and the timing of the /waits are still to be determined.

Good hunting Karou.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

I was told by a 75 and his video to go enter then Medititate>Tachi: Gekko>Icarus Wing>Tachi: Gekko>2Hour Tachi: Gekko>Tachi: Gekko>Tachi: Gekko.

he said maat was dead by then. his gear was shinsenkomi gkatana, AF Helm, Hachiman Pants, AF Boots AF Hands and Haubby (He said Jaridah Peti should work too.)
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Eviticus

Post by Eviticus »

Opo-opo+ Sleep Potions I believe is a waste of money. I was told that only if you zone do you loose stored TP. And here's the thing. You trade your test to Maat, and he says good job and whatnot and warps you to a little waiting room or something, with the Burning Circle just over there.

If your main is Sam, or you can /Sam, you can sit there and Meditate to 300. Then enter the circle. Seeing as the area you are in, and the area you are sent to fight maat in are the "same" area, same name and all, theortically you shouldn't loose your tp.

You don't loose your sub till you enter the BC, so you can sit outside and meditate. Nifty idea, eh? It's possible, though I have not tested this out first hand. I have my Drg test and I want to get my last 26k exp till 70, then go in and fight the old bugger. I'll tell ya if my idea works.
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.

YingChing
Kitten

Post by YingChing »

Eviticus wrote:Opo-opo+ Sleep Potions I believe is a waste of money. I was told that only if you zone do you loose stored TP. And here's the thing. You trade your test to Maat, and he says good job and whatnot and warps you to a little waiting room or something, with the Burning Circle just over there.

If your main is Sam, or you can /Sam, you can sit there and Meditate to 300. Then enter the circle. Seeing as the area you are in, and the area you are sent to fight maat in are the "same" area, same name and all, theortically you shouldn't loose your tp.

You don't loose your sub till you enter the BC, so you can sit outside and meditate. Nifty idea, eh? It's possible, though I have not tested this out first hand. I have my Drg test and I want to get my last 26k exp till 70, then go in and fight the old bugger. I'll tell ya if my idea works.
I'm almost positive all buffs and TP are taken away once you enter a "special fight" such as ENM, BCNM, KSNM, etc etc, maat fight being one of them.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

YingChing wrote: I'm almost positive all buffs and TP are taken away once you enter a "special fight" such as ENM, BCNM, KSNM, etc etc, maat fight being one of them.
All buffs save food go, but I don't lnow about TP. Still, it couldn't hurt to try. Just have a plan B.

Why not fight him at 69 Evictus? He is the same level as you are. I tried him several times at 67 and 68 and his only nuke was Water III. RDMs get Aero III at 69, and he did use it then.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Eviticus

Post by Eviticus »

Because at 70 Drg get Barone, Colossol Lance, and Tarasque Mitts...all of which I have....Oh, and I found out the hard way TP doesn't carry over.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

/comfort

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Samurai MAAT Tips And Suggestions.

Post by xaresity »

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо