An idea on Solo-ing BLack Mage

Baketsu
Feral Cat

An idea on Solo-ing BLack Mage

Post by Baketsu »

I started out as a BLM and completely hated the job! I sucked and died a lot, then i switched to Red Mage and got all the way up to level 38, so I decided to switch back to Black mage and start kickign some but again, this time it was different, I stopped BLM when I was a level 14 BLM. I got me some INT gear and instead of a staff I got me a Bronze Dagger!!! I also have Blaze Spikes!! and the ability to sub a job, so I subbed WHM!! It was able to take out several Decent Challenges in Lathine bacause of being able to sub WHM, and Blaze Spikes, and having the dagger helped a lot, it also helped that my combat and magic skills were all maxed. So I would say if you wanna solo BLM it is best to wait till you have a sub job and make sure you get blaze spikes.
Jobs: RDM-54/BLM-32/WHM-26/PLD-23/THF14-WAR17-MNK8-DRG17-DRK18-BST3-RNG3-SMN7-BRD1
Race: Elvaan
Hometown: San d'Oria
Skills: Cooking 23- Smithing 3
EXP is hard to come by, treasure it!
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Also, the spell Bind is your frrriend. :wink:
JediKitsune
Mad Cat

Post by JediKitsune »

Dagger? That's okay, I guess. If anything, you could get yourself a club or a pole for melee damage along with your spells.
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

JediKitsune wrote:Dagger? That's okay, I guess. If anything, you could get yourself a club or a pole for melee damage along with your spells.
A Ceremonial Dagger is nice too. They drop from skeleton mobs in the Inner Ruins in East Sabby. Just made sure you have a macro to swap it once you cast your 10 MP worth of spells. The same thing goes with hairpins.
Crispleaf
Housecat

Post by Crispleaf »

From what I understand, there's a pretty good dagger weaponskill that restores a certain amount of mp. So it may be worth leveling for that.

Then again, you'll be heavily reliant on elemental staves once you reach level 51, so being skilled in staves is not a bad thing either.

But at the lower levels, black mages will likely crave the substantial int boosts of wands.

It's quite a quandry :?
[img]http://home.comcast.net/~crispl3af/level.JPG[/img]
Bastok Rank 8-1, Windurst Rank 10
Rise of Zilart Completed
Chains of Promathia Completed
Treasures of Aht Urghan Rank 2
Neoshinobi
Mad Cat

Post by Neoshinobi »

{Dagger}
{Energy Steal} - 150

{Energy Drain} - 175

:wink:
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

I don't much like leveling staff, as WHM and BLM I almost always use the +1 wands for spellcasting. Lots of time to level staff when I level SMN.

Despite the fact that my dagger is always maxed when I am BLM, I don't much use it, if I am going to solo as BLM, I hunt worms.

Never have to worry about Bind wearing when you hunt worms.

Personal best as solo BLM, an EM Yagudo when I was level 23 or 24 and on the way to a Dragon hunt.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
kashell
Tomcat

Post by kashell »

When you reach lvl 75 blm you can solo elementals (lvl 78-79) in Ru'Aun Gardens for pretty good exp and you can farm a lot of clusters this way, you solo them by..

cast sleep on it
cast stoneskin and blink
cast Thunder IV on it
it'll wake up at this point and cast a high lvl spell so stun it
Sleep II
Aspir it
Aero IV
Sleep
Thunder IV
Sleep II
Aspir
Aero IV
Sleep
Thuder IV

and it should be dead and you'll get around 200-300 exp per kill which is pretty good for a solo blm
kashell
Tomcat

Post by kashell »

Neoshinobi wrote:{Dagger}
{Energy Steal} - 150

{Energy Drain} - 175

:wink:
you only get Enery Drain if your main or sub is thf, rdm, brd, rng or nin
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: An idea on Solo-ing BLack Mage

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: An idea on Solo-ing BLack Mage

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting