BST its a Solo Pain in the bootie

Antilies
Kitten

BST its a Solo Pain in the bootie

Post by Antilies »

I like the ability to play Solo and LvL when there are no PTs available or I just want to chill by myself.

But the pains of LVLing a BST seem to be extream sometimes :?

Any Tips and Trivial smart Ideas on the best way, place and how to LVL a BST would be appriciated. :lol:
53 WHM, 45 SAM, 32 RDM, 30 WAR, 28 BLM,
9 RNG, 7 DRG, 6 BST, 3 SMN

Play almost every night after 9pm CST/USA

Name in game is Antilies
Neoshinobi
Mad Cat

Post by Neoshinobi »

{Beastmaster}, as the soloing job it is is also true in that most bst tactics and strategies (synonym?) are best learned on your own....

I say this confidently as a 21 bst....Although whats really making me turn my head is the number of friends on my server who seem to have "turned bst." :shock:

Anyway...The best I can do is direct you to alla's bst forum section....
Which I happily found many very helpful topics. :)

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/db/jobs.html?fjob=8

P.S.:Take a look at the total number of {Thief} topics and posts for its section... 8)

Edit: Just found out my bst is actualy 21 and not 20 like I said before...
Last edited by Neoshinobi on Tue May 10, 2005 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Baketsu
Feral Cat

Post by Baketsu »

Reminds me that i need to get my BST leveled up!!
Jobs: RDM-54/BLM-32/WHM-26/PLD-23/THF14-WAR17-MNK8-DRG17-DRK18-BST3-RNG3-SMN7-BRD1
Race: Elvaan
Hometown: San d'Oria
Skills: Cooking 23- Smithing 3
EXP is hard to come by, treasure it!
Dogma
Kitten

Post by Dogma »

Ugh.. bst is a pain to lvl

I got it to 20 on my other charater, and it was slow.

untill I know what lvl you are I really cant give much advice :)

I'll say this tho, if you can find a friend who is intrested in it gogo and lvl.
I say this because even when I did find em's to charm, witch is a pain
it's self, lots of times that wasnt enought to take a T down enough to where I could effectivly solo it.
there were exceptions of course, like bats in the maze did VERY well against Gobs there, sometimes a em bat could take down a T gob solo.
a dc could tear it down to where I could beat it up without much dmg to my self. Ya maze was great :) a shame I couldnt find as many good spots as that.
Ph3@r ma Slapaga IV n00b!!!!!!!!!!!!
Baketsu
Feral Cat

Post by Baketsu »

I heard with beast it is best not to use beasties until you hit level 10. Is this true?
Jobs: RDM-54/BLM-32/WHM-26/PLD-23/THF14-WAR17-MNK8-DRG17-DRK18-BST3-RNG3-SMN7-BRD1
Race: Elvaan
Hometown: San d'Oria
Skills: Cooking 23- Smithing 3
EXP is hard to come by, treasure it!
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: BST its a Solo Pain in the bootie

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: BST its a Solo Pain in the bootie

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting