If yall are bored and looking for something to get mad at

A place to talk about... anything!
Kismet
Kitten

If yall are bored and looking for something to get mad at

Post by Kismet »

Ok no it isn't game related but it does fall into the "anything" slot nicely.

Here is a website that will make you mad at someone and make you think at the same time. I do not suport the site but I do think it has a right to be.

www.911citizenswatch.org

If it does anything it does make ya think. toodles yall
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

Yeah uhm... what a weird little site.
Kismet
Kitten

Post by Kismet »

If ya thought that one was odd check out this one.....it will make ya spit out your drink.

http://www.reopen911.org/
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

Whenever I'm bored and want something to get mad at, I just look at Rick Santorum.......oooh...he pisses me off something fierce.....rawr.......hiss....

The first site deserves a :?:
The second deserves a :x
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Re: If yall are bored and looking for something to get mad a

Post by Tivia »

Kismet wrote:Ok no it isn't game related but it does fall into the "anything" slot nicely.

Here is a website that will make you mad at someone and make you think at the same time. I do not suport the site but I do think it has a right to be.

www.911citizenswatch.org

If it does anything it does make ya think. toodles yall
The fact that they could not even spell Kerry's name correctly destroyed any chance of me reading anything they had to say.
Kismet
Kitten

Post by Kismet »

I don't think they are talking about the hopefull President here this is a differant guy all together and after all it is a cut and paste from CNN's PAULA ZAHN so there ya go. But hey It's not like we can do anything....I like being a Sheep. Baaaaaa Just worry a little when they start passing around tha lamb chops. :twisted:
mozyr
Housecat

Post by mozyr »

Tivia -- Kerrey = the last name of one of the 911 commissioners (Robert Kerrey), not John Kerry.

I've been directed to that website many times. It's really quite frightening.

Eviticus -- I lack the knowledge of Rick Santorum, though I do know that he's a Republican senator from PA. Why don't you care for him? Although by reading this article I can sort of see why.)

-- Sarah[/url]
[blue]- Sarah
[url=http://www.livejournal.com/community/bad_rpers_suck]Bad RPers Suck[/url]
Mozyr, San d'Orian Mithra (5-2), Siren Server[/blue]
[url=http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?101810][red][b]60 DRK[/b], 51 RDM, 38 WHM, [b]37 THF, 37 WAR[/b], 33 BLM, 30 DRG, 11 MNK, 8 NIN[/url][/red]
[blue]Chaos sollerets:[/blue] [yellow]O[/yellow] [blue]Chaos gauntlets:[/blue] [yellow]O[/yellow] [blue]Chaos flanchard:[/blue] [yellow]O[/yellow] [blue]Chaos cuirass:[/blue] [yellow]O[/yellow] [blue]Chaos burgeonet:[/blue] [yellow]O[/yellow]
[blue]Genkai I:[/blue] [yellow]O[/yellow] [blue]Genkai II:[/blue] [yellow]O[/yellow] Genkai III - V:[/blue] [yellow]X[/yellow]
Eviticus

Post by Eviticus »

Santorum Quotes.

"I have no problem with homosexuality. I have a problem with homosexual acts." My Reply: Who-huh-wha? It's like saying I'm all for the death sentance, but don't kill anyone...

"And if the Supreme Court says that you have the right to consensual sex within your home, then you have the right to bigamy, you have the right to polygamy, you have the right to incest, you have the right to adultery. " My reply: Sodomy will lead to Incest like allowing Women to vote led to allowing Hamsters to vote...

"If New York doesn't want sodomy laws, if the people of New York want abortion, fine. I mean, I wouldn't agree with it, but that's their right. But I don't agree with the Supreme Court coming in." My Reply: But earlier in that very same interview, he was talking about the Supreme Court intervining in a way he agreed with, and he didn't oppose that...

In short, Santorum is too far right for me. I grew up conservative (Don't worry, I got better.) and am now pretty much in between the two parties. Financially conservative, socially liberal. One of my biggest issues is Gay Marrige, and Santorum stands against it.

<End Rant>
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.

Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Eviticus wrote:"And if the Supreme Court says that you have the right to consensual sex within your home, then you have the right to bigamy, you have the right to polygamy, you have the right to incest, you have the right to adultery. " My reply: Sodomy will lead to Incest like allowing Women to vote led to allowing Hamsters to vote...
I think they are worried about legal precedence but I could be wrong...
Eviticus

Post by Eviticus »

In my opinion, there is one end of the specturm in which actions are regulated by personal morals. On the other end of the spectrum, your actions are regulated by law. It all depends on where one sees certain forms of deviancy....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

mozyr
Housecat

Post by mozyr »

Okay, yeah, Santorum is an idiot. I had to read up on him a bit yesterday. It was rough.

And I'm of the mind that people decide their own morals and that the government needs to butt out.

Politics is FAR from being a moral business.

-- Sarah
[blue]- Sarah
[url=http://www.livejournal.com/community/bad_rpers_suck]Bad RPers Suck[/url]
Mozyr, San d'Orian Mithra (5-2), Siren Server[/blue]
[url=http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?101810][red][b]60 DRK[/b], 51 RDM, 38 WHM, [b]37 THF, 37 WAR[/b], 33 BLM, 30 DRG, 11 MNK, 8 NIN[/url][/red]
[blue]Chaos sollerets:[/blue] [yellow]O[/yellow] [blue]Chaos gauntlets:[/blue] [yellow]O[/yellow] [blue]Chaos flanchard:[/blue] [yellow]O[/yellow] [blue]Chaos cuirass:[/blue] [yellow]O[/yellow] [blue]Chaos burgeonet:[/blue] [yellow]O[/yellow]
[blue]Genkai I:[/blue] [yellow]O[/yellow] [blue]Genkai II:[/blue] [yellow]O[/yellow] Genkai III - V:[/blue] [yellow]X[/yellow]
Nivez
Story Cat

Post by Nivez »

Eviticus wrote: "I have no problem with homosexuality. I have a problem with homosexual acts." My Reply: Who-huh-wha? It's like saying I'm all for the death sentance, but don't kill anyone...
well if you change it to this, it makes sence.

"I have no problem with homosexuality. I have a problem with homosexual acts [in my presence]."

could be what he meant, or he could be a dumb politician; either way the statement has to be revised to be understandable.
Clayn
Kitten

Post by Clayn »

Its not a problem if you have a problem with homosexualtity. IF you do have a problem with that, please keep your opinion for yourself.

I mean, were not in holland! Are we?

Editted: sorry
Last edited by Clayn on Sun Nov 14, 2004 8:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Name: Clayn
Race: Hume
Server: Remora
Linkshells: LionbaneFriends, TruthSeekers, ChampionsofBahamut
Nimonie
Tomcat

well I dont see it that way

Post by Nimonie »

I see homosexuality as a choice as any sexual preference it is not a right it is an option. That is why people say that if you open the door for one option it will lead to the other options coming closer to being legitimized. In simplistic terms I look at it this ways (flame me if you need to) a man has a desire to be with another man. Just as when that jerk cut me off I had a desire to drag him from his car kicking and screaming and beat him silly. Both are choices. My main problem is the fact that there is an agenda by 2 or 3% of the US population to impose their desires on the rest of the US using the courts I am truly tired of judges making laws instead of interpreting them, and to top it off when they start using international laws to make policies in the US it really makes my blood pressure rise. This is the US we make our own laws if I wanted to be subject to the thoughts of Europe I would move there. For Texas however the supreme court decided that they should be subject to common British law i.e. Last year in the landmark Lawrence v. Texas decision that struck down the state’s sodomy statute, Kennedy, writing the majority opinion, referred approvingly to the British Parliament decriminalizing sodomy in 1967, the European Convention on Human Rights, and a 1981 European Court of Human Rights case.
Last edited by Nimonie on Sun Nov 14, 2004 8:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
77 Bard, 80 Blm, 80 Monk, 80 blu, 80 bst, 75 smn, 75 Pld, 73 Dnc, 75Rng, 40 Whm, 42 rdm, 37 war, 42 nin, 31 thf. Windurst Sandoria & Bastok rank 10. CoP Complete, aht urhgan Complete, Rise of Zilart Complete.
Nimonie
Tomcat

Clayn

Post by Nimonie »

Clayn this is a friendly board. I realize that I have not got to speak with you yet on the previous issues, but you really need some tact my friend. Just saying Keep your opion to yourself is not productive nor is it desired it reeks of a Provoke macro :x . Please refrain from being confrontational in this situation. If you have nothing productive to say please dont say anything.
77 Bard, 80 Blm, 80 Monk, 80 blu, 80 bst, 75 smn, 75 Pld, 73 Dnc, 75Rng, 40 Whm, 42 rdm, 37 war, 42 nin, 31 thf. Windurst Sandoria & Bastok rank 10. CoP Complete, aht urhgan Complete, Rise of Zilart Complete.
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

How does Holland figure into this?
Nimonie
Tomcat

Post by Nimonie »

Not sure kopopo I really didnt understand clayns comment either it just didnt make any sense :?: .
Clayn
Kitten

Post by Clayn »

Dont judge my comment before you understand it

It refers to a TV-show that is made in Holland. It was very cool because in holland, you can do everything you want on tv. Even Jack-O from Jackass was in that show. Im trying to remember the name of that show. It was something with Mark.... Mark ?? in holland or so

.... wtf? what was wrong with my comment? (before the above one)
:arrow: It doesnt matter if you have anything against homosexuality, as long as you dont say that you do, or say anthing that could hurt someone else!
Nimonie
Tomcat

Post by Nimonie »

Okie so it refers to a TV show clayn in the future when you use a reference to something like that please make sure you clarify cause not everyone watches Holland TV, and assuming everyone did I doubt anyone would have made the connection to that TV show from your post.
Clayn
Kitten

Post by Clayn »

It was an american tv-show, holland is well known as a country were you can do anything you want!

A few weeks ago a moviemaker got shot there because he made movies about turks. He did so for like 20 years! They kileld him, but also because there is a discrimination meltdown there. Which could make holland to most racistic country off the world
Last edited by Clayn on Sun Nov 14, 2004 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rekahkun
Big Cat

Post by Rekahkun »

you mean "Steve-O"? i don't recall a "Jack-O"... not that it matters a whit :D
Clayn
Kitten

Post by Clayn »

>.< Yes i mean Steve-O lol
Nimonie
Tomcat

Post by Nimonie »

Clayn wrote:Its not a problem if you have a problem with homosexualtity. Keep your opinion for yourself tho. I mean, were not in holland! Are we?
Its not what you said clayn its how you said it Keep your opinion for yourself is a blatant attack on that person and will be viewed by all as an attempt to provoke them into an argument.

edit Hmmm the quote button didnt work right.
Last edited by Nimonie on Sun Nov 14, 2004 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clayn
Kitten

Post by Clayn »

Damn! your right. i will edit it inmediately

Still not a good arguement to respond whit so much aggression. You know that its some sort off typpo, that i didnt tought about it on that way.
Golddess
LVL (-1) Baka Neko

Re: well I dont see it that way

Post by Golddess »

Nimonie wrote:I see homosexuality as a choice as any sexual preference it is not a right it is an option. That is why people say that if you open the door for one option it will lead to the other options coming closer to being legitimized. In simplistic terms I look at it this ways (flame me if you need to) a man has a desire to be with another man. Just as when that jerk cut me off I had a desire to drag him from his car kicking and screaming and beat him silly. Both are choices. My main problem is the fact that there is an agenda by 2 or 3% of the US population to impose their desires on the rest of the US using the courts I am truly tired of judges making laws instead of interpreting them, and to top it off when they start using international laws to make policies in the US it really makes my blood pressure rise. This is the US we make our own laws if I wanted to be subject to the thoughts of Europe I would move there. For Texas however the supreme court decided that they should be subject to common British law i.e. Last year in the landmark Lawrence v. Texas decision that struck down the state’s sodomy statute, Kennedy, writing the majority opinion, referred approvingly to the British Parliament decriminalizing sodomy in 1967, the European Convention on Human Rights, and a 1981 European Court of Human Rights case.
Um, I'm confused at what you were trying to say with that post.
[color=blue][b]WHM-BRD75[/b][/color] | RDM62 | BLM38 | PLD30 | NIN25 | SMN22 | WAR20 | DRK18 | THF15 | SAM11 | DRG-RNG-COR10
Gold53.1+1 | Smith21.4 | Wood8.0 | Cook2.2 | Leather2.0
0/300 T.Whiteshell | 0/1400 Byne Bill | 0/6000 O.Bronzpiece | 0/10000 T.Whiteshell
Mithra have paws!
[img]http://www.mithrapride.org/boards/images/mithra_paws.jpg[/img]
Nimonie
Tomcat

inresponse to clayn

Post by Nimonie »

Just read it from a stand point that will people take this as a verbal attack. if it seems that it will be taken that way if that is not what you intended then dont post it its always a good rule of thumb to reread your post a time or 2 before you post it ^^.
Last edited by Nimonie on Sun Nov 14, 2004 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nimonie
Tomcat

Post by Nimonie »

Golddess wrote:
Nimonie wrote:I see homosexuality as a choice as any sexual preference it is not a right it is an option. That is why people say that if you open the door for one option it will lead to the other options coming closer to being legitimized. In simplistic terms I look at it this ways (flame me if you need to) a man has a desire to be with another man. Just as when that jerk cut me off I had a desire to drag him from his car kicking and screaming and beat him silly. Both are choices. My main problem is the fact that there is an agenda by 2 or 3% of the US population to impose their desires on the rest of the US using the courts I am truly tired of judges making laws instead of interpreting them, and to top it off when they start using international laws to make policies in the US it really makes my blood pressure rise. This is the US we make our own laws if I wanted to be subject to the thoughts of Europe I would move there. For Texas however the supreme court decided that they should be subject to common British law i.e. Last year in the landmark Lawrence v. Texas decision that struck down the state’s sodomy statute, Kennedy, writing the majority opinion, referred approvingly to the British Parliament decriminalizing sodomy in 1967, the European Convention on Human Rights, and a 1981 European Court of Human Rights case.
Um, I'm confused at what you were trying to say with that post.
Sorry Goldess it was a bit of a rant they where discussing judges and homosexual issues and I just chimed in with my 2 cents on the courts and how I viewed homosexuality as it being a choice. Personally I don’t care if someone chooses to live their life that way it’s their choice to make. But it does bother me when they take it to the courts to over turn a law voted on by the people/legislature of that respective state and it further infuriates me when said courts instead of interpreting the constitution look to outside court rulings to make their decisions.
Cyndrax
Kitten

Post by Cyndrax »

Nimonie wrote:Sorry Goldess it was a bit of a rant they where discussing judges and homosexual issues and I just chimed in with my 2 cents on the courts and how I viewed homosexuality as it being a choice. Personally I don’t care if someone chooses to live their life that way it’s their choice to make. But it does bother me when they take it to the courts to over turn a law voted on by the people/legislature of that respective state and it further infuriates me when said courts instead of interpreting the constitution look to outside court rulings to make their decisions.
I think you are missing the point of the checks and balances in this country. The courts are there to determine when the people/legislature overstep their boundaries.

I imagine during the civil rights movement, the majority of people in some states were for segregation and "Jim Crow" laws. However, that doesn't make it right. Courts are there to step in with instances such as that.

It also seems slightly problematic to me that in your original post you compare a "decision" to be gay to you wanting to drag a man from his car and beat him silly. At its most basic the two are completely different. How does someone's sexual preference interfere with someone else's rights/life. Contrast that to how you "beating someone silly" affects their rights/life.
Eviticus

Post by Eviticus »

Sexual preference is not on trial here. A good portion of people who voted against Gay Marrige are perfectly fine with homosexuals. The issue is, should Marrige be redifined? My opinion, yes and no.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but both the Church and State have unions between a man and a woman. Taxes, rights, and other such things 'shift' a bit when you are married in the State's eyes. Man/woman, man/man, woman/woman. All three pairings happen because those two people love eachother, very rarely do they wish to legally bind themselves together for purely legal reasons. (Green card and such)

In that light, I say that the US should allow any gender combo unions. Physical sex has nothing to do with it. They love eachother, and justice is supposed to be blind, right? Give medical technology enough time and there soon won't be any gender at all if you throw enough money at it.

The church though? That's a horse of a different color. The church is an organization led by Bishops, Cardinals, and depending on specifics, the Pope. It is considered a private organization. They make their own rules for their memebers, and that's fine by me. I'm confident that like a dinosaur, it will eventually turn around and change it's mind, but it'll take a bit.

Sadly enough though, way too many people forget seperation of Church and State, and think that if they vote against their Church, that God won't like them.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cyndrax
Kitten

Post by Cyndrax »

I agree with that entirely, I certainly don't think the state has any right to tell the Catholic Church (or any other) that they have to let two men or two women get married in one of their services. HOWEVER, I also feel that the Catholic Church (or any other) has no right to tell the government that they should not allow a civil union (or a marriage, or whatever) between two men or two women.