The worst names you have seen for a Mithra.

A place to talk about... anything!
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

The worst names you have seen for a Mithra.

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

My pet peeves are those names that clearly state, "I didn't want to be a Mithra, the stats drove me to it, and I do NOT enjoy being a girl."

On Garuda we have a Dantheman, a Sirdave, and the at least somewhat amusing Imaguy. There are probably worse out there, but to me these come close to racial and gender insults, and just anoy the blank out of me.

The names I find the most confusing are those that look like a real name smushed togther, the Johnjones type.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Zodhi
Kitten

Post by Zodhi »

I don't know about Mithra specifically, but I reeeeally hate names that are bazaar-mule oriented like "Bazaarchekit" or "buymystuff" or "cheapgear" etc. etc. I am sure there are a few Mithra guilty of it too . . .

I mean, really. What kind of heroic kitty is going to slay a dragon with a name like "Supacheapitemz"? WhatEVER.
[size=84]we move like cagey tigers - we couldn't get closer than this.[/size]
Golddess
LVL (-1) Baka Neko

Post by Golddess »

I've seen Manprincess on a Mithra.

I actually like that name, but decided to bring it up anyway, since it seemed to fit Tsybil's list.
[color=blue][b]WHM-BRD75[/b][/color] | RDM62 | BLM38 | PLD30 | NIN25 | SMN22 | WAR20 | DRK18 | THF15 | SAM11 | DRG-RNG-COR10
Gold53.1+1 | Smith21.4 | Wood8.0 | Cook2.2 | Leather2.0
0/300 T.Whiteshell | 0/1400 Byne Bill | 0/6000 O.Bronzpiece | 0/10000 T.Whiteshell
Mithra have paws!
[img]http://www.mithrapride.org/boards/images/mithra_paws.jpg[/img]
Chimpchimp
Kitten

Post by Chimpchimp »

most people complain about my names >< Chimpchimp and a Taru named Stubbs. They call me stupid, :(

Chimpy/Mikey
[img]http://www.geocities.com/ffxichimpy/whenallelse.jpg.JPG[/img]

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?60263
Sivara
Big Cat

Post by Sivara »

I can't stand the ones like "Ihavetits" or "Anigav" (read that one backwards). :x

There's a Mithra mule on Midgard that parks in the path to the Windy Woods Residential Area; her name is "Ineedmoney." :roll: Come on, at least use the random name generator!
Dukuji
Mad Cat

Post by Dukuji »

Hmm . . . :? . . . "random name generator"? Must be a PC thing. Is this availible on the PS2? (Mac user, sorry)
[url=http://mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Dukuji]'Kuji[/url]; The [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Ninja[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Cat[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] -------|m >^-^< m|------- Seeker of Oblivion
Ambrey
Teh Sexeh

Post by Ambrey »

Chimpchimp wrote:most people complain about my names >< Chimpchimp and a Taru named Stubbs. They call me stupid, :(

Chimpy/Mikey
I think chimpchimp is cute hehe :D if your ever on Remora look me and my kittys up, we'll be glad to have ya around!
Chimpchimp
Kitten

Post by Chimpchimp »

oh, and the names i despise...are the DragonBallZ name spoofs. SSKakarot/Vegeta/etc etc and teh FF7 names.

A)DBZ isn't even that good of a freakin show. Allow me to explain every plot DB has ever come up with.
"I'm here to DESTROY/Take over this world"
"Oh nose!"
(insert fight)
"Crap i'm losing!"
(insert powerup/fight)
"You are strong. but i am stronger!"
(insert powerup/fight and repeat for like ever)
(Somewhere in here Crillan gets the snot kicked out of him)
(Goku wins)

Even the goofiest Slayer episodes with more substance then this.

B)Now i love FF7 as much as anyone else, but come on man! XxCloudStrifexX Cloudowns Sephirothx etc etc...man i sure can tell you apart from the other ones ><

Chimpy/Mikey <= better now
[img]http://www.geocities.com/ffxichimpy/whenallelse.jpg.JPG[/img]

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?60263
Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Post by Kahvi »

I saw someone that named a mithra Bakaneko.. i pittied the fool.. and then there was Afterhoursbazaar... i see her frequently standing outside the Mog houses in windurst.

and on the Anigav name for a mithra... i saw a galka similarly named Sinep for the non-distaff oriented, and Mesodumb

Now for good names, I kinda think this more as a Honorific bestowed umpon her used as a name, a friend of mine called Cypherbane, first met her as Thief or Red mage and she lived up to the nameas far as im concerned.
Windurst Rank 10
Fight together, die together, leave no one behind.

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Kahvi.png[/img][/url]
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

On phoenix there is a sitting Galka named "Fondlingpriest" with a Taru named "Innocence" between his legs.

A few other odd names:

Taru named "Kickball"
Taru named "Stewy"
Mithra bazaar named "Purrrfectbooty"
Oh and the elvaan named "Michaeljackson" (He is always naked except for white mitts equiped"
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

Chimpchimp wrote:oh, and the names i despise...are the DragonBallZ name spoofs. SSKakarot/Vegeta/etc etc and teh FF7 names.

A)DBZ isn't even that good of a freakin show. Allow me to explain every plot DB has ever come up with.
"I'm here to DESTROY/Take over this world"
"Oh nose!"
(insert fight)
"Crap i'm losing!"
(insert powerup/fight)
"You are strong. but i am stronger!"
(insert powerup/fight and repeat for like ever)
(Somewhere in here Crillan gets the snot kicked out of him)
(Goku wins)

Even the goofiest Slayer episodes with more substance then this.

B)Now i love FF7 as much as anyone else, but come on man! XxCloudStrifexX Cloudowns Sephirothx etc etc...man i sure can tell you apart from the other ones ><

Chimpy/Mikey <= better now
YOU are my new best friend.
Chanchan
Kitten

Post by Chanchan »

Chimpchimp wrote:oh, and the names i despise...are the DragonBallZ name spoofs. SSKakarot/Vegeta/etc etc and teh FF7 names.

"I'm here to DESTROY/Take over this world".....
Hehehe, so true, so true. Don't you love when people can take a GOOD world and do nothing with it? ^.^

As to horrible names...I've seen alot of people with the name "Map.." something. I also don't like the ones who directly copy names from popular video games/anime. Although I've not seen many, they occasionally pop up and you think to yourself, "I wonder how long that character will be around...". The worst part is that we pay for those characters! X_X
18 WAR 11 THF

-Valkurm Dunes is the funnel of FFXI...and it scares me to have to go back :(
Fayin
Feral Cat

Post by Fayin »

Well my 2c on DBZ is you gotta take it for what it is: Mindless fight scenes. If you want plot, you're barking up the wrong tree. The whole of DBZ's plotline could be condensed into about 10 episodes. If you want plot, watch Bebop. Now if you just need some mindless vegging w/o any thought provocation, watch some DBZ. Hell it doesn't even matter what episode it is. The narrator will tell you where you're at.

Last time on Dragon Ball Z...
[b]-Fayin-[/b]
46WHM   43BLM   48THF   21WAR
59+1 Cooking   58+1 Woodworking   25 Fishing

[b]-Entourage-[/b]
Name                     Lv     GB   MHE Aketon  Warp
Fayinsjeunomule   1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinssandymule  1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinswindymule  1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinsbastymule   1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]

[size=75]"omg Ebay..."[/size]
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

The old man on DBZ creeps me out... :shock:
Sivara
Big Cat

Post by Sivara »

Heh, I think the characters on DBZ always sound like they are constipated. "UGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!" "ARRRRRRGH!!!!" "UGH! UGH! *pant pant pant* UGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!"

:lol:

If you want to see a good fighting anime, watch YuYu Hakusho (or read the manga...it's better). Less grunting, and more credible fighting and real emotion.
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

innane names...oh lord that list could get long on my server...

Ill abbreviate

Any name that is a variant of Mithra, kitty, pussy cat..Or a spinoff/slang of some of the less then tasteful meanings.

Any name that is a direct ripoff of any Final Fantasy charcter, Anime charcter.

Any name that is a direct ripoff/spinoff of any famous name brand, actor..etc..I utterly dispise people who cant be original for 5 seconds in their life.

names uttered in "l337 Sp34k" * nothing screams 13 y/o AOLer more...

Names that elude to sex, drugs etc without spelling it out..I have no idea why people think they are being witty when they create names like that..they just come off sounding supremely pathetic.

Names that are based off a Fad saying.."BlingBling" comes to mind...comon..thats just sad nor is it original.

===============

Well those are just the things that annoy me. Just a personal nitpick But I personally refuse to group with people like that. Yep I am a snobby gamer, I refuse to contribute to the continuance of idiocy. Personally if all the respectable gamers in the community stood up and Quit supporting people who name themselves stupidly, Cant play the game, Have crappy sub jobs or no subs when they should, Cant skill chain, dont know how to control aggro, the gaming community would clean up quick, or at the least all the idiots would stay low level. Of course thats never going to happen I realize..but I do my part at least. :P and referencing what i mean by no sub jobs when they should...I have run into people level 35+ on my server with no sub...not..gonna group em.
mozyr
Housecat

Post by mozyr »

I agree with you, Tivia. For some reason all the "kitty" names for mithras just irritate me. The name from my character comes from the name of a mountain range in Slovenia (I'm Slovenian). I thought it was creative.

-- Sarah
[blue]- Sarah
[url=http://www.livejournal.com/community/bad_rpers_suck]Bad RPers Suck[/url]
Mozyr, San d'Orian Mithra (5-2), Siren Server[/blue]
[url=http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?101810][red][b]60 DRK[/b], 51 RDM, 38 WHM, [b]37 THF, 37 WAR[/b], 33 BLM, 30 DRG, 11 MNK, 8 NIN[/url][/red]
[blue]Chaos sollerets:[/blue] [yellow]O[/yellow] [blue]Chaos gauntlets:[/blue] [yellow]O[/yellow] [blue]Chaos flanchard:[/blue] [yellow]O[/yellow] [blue]Chaos cuirass:[/blue] [yellow]O[/yellow] [blue]Chaos burgeonet:[/blue] [yellow]O[/yellow]
[blue]Genkai I:[/blue] [yellow]O[/yellow] [blue]Genkai II:[/blue] [yellow]O[/yellow] Genkai III - V:[/blue] [yellow]X[/yellow]
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

yes well thats also something that not everyone and their brother, sister, uncle, cousin, cousins cousin twice removed on their fathers side knows.

Im just referring to names that the second anyone sees it they know exactly where they got it..
Tyrfing
Kitten

Post by Tyrfing »

I dont like long animes, DBZ is a good example... U_U

And about names... I actually like that one of "Purrrfectbooty", but I've also seen on sandy a mithra called "Purrrfectbody" could it be the same playerr? :?:
Rekahkun
Big Cat

Post by Rekahkun »

they probably are the same person Tyr.
Sivara wrote:If you want to see a good fighting anime, watch YuYu Hakusho (or read the manga...it's better). Less grunting, and more credible fighting and real emotion.
yay siv! yuyu hakusho rocks! i have the whole thing on dvd (and the movie) :D and for something very similar to yuyu hakusho but much, MUCH shorter, try Flame of Recca. it's wonderfully delicious :)
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Tyrfing wrote:I dont like long animes, DBZ is a good example... U_U

And about names... I actually like that one of "Purrrfectbooty", but I've also seen on sandy a mithra called "Purrrfectbody" could it be the same playerr? :?:
I though the name purrrfectbooty was cute and comical as well. :)
mozyr
Housecat

Post by mozyr »

There are also lots of "Purr--" names on the Siren server, but they're pretty cool, so I don't mind them (like Purrsia, Purrussia (I think she told me it's supposed to be a play on Prussia, and some other ones).

Though it is pretty funny to see a 74 WAR named Kittylicious.

-- Sarah
[blue]- Sarah
[url=http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?101810][red][b]60 DRK[/b], 51 RDM, 38 WHM, [b]37 THF, 37 WAR[/b], 33 BLM, 30 DRG, 11 MNK, 8 NIN[/url][/red]
[blue]Chaos sollerets:[/blue] [yellow]O[/yellow] [blue]Chaos gauntlets:[/blue] [yellow]O[/yellow] [blue]Chaos flanchard:[/blue] [yellow]O[/yellow] [blue]Chaos cuirass:[/blue] [yellow]O[/yellow] [blue]Chaos burgeonet:[/blue] [yellow]O[/yellow]
[blue]Genkai I:[/blue] [yellow]O[/yellow] [blue]Genkai II:[/blue] [yellow]O[/yellow] Genkai III - V:[/blue] [yellow]X[/yellow]
Nicole
Kitten

Post by Nicole »

Guyfocker & Bobalicious

How disturbing..
[img]http://img140.exs.cx/img140/8352/avatar2do.jpg[/img]
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

mozyr wrote:There are also lots of "Purr--" names on the Siren server, but they're pretty cool, so I don't mind them (like Purrsia, Purrussia (I think she told me it's supposed to be a play on Prussia, and some other ones).

Though it is pretty funny to see a 74 WAR named Kittylicious.

-- Sarah
They arrre Prrsha wanabees. :wink:
mozyr
Housecat

Post by mozyr »

Yeah, I've seen a lot of those too.

No clue what it references, though (probably some anime I've never seen).

-- Sarah
[blue]- Sarah
chromesn
Kitten

Post by chromesn »

i've seen several names alluding to sexual orientation (fairygayboyray, flybi to name a couple). ok, i'm on the "fairy" server, but i don't find this amusing or attractive. for gosh sake, if you're looking for a sexual partner go back to irc and cruise teen chat rooms.
God WAS my co-pilot,
but we crashed in the mountains,
and i had to eat Him.
Klenath
Big Cat

Post by Klenath »

Prrsha wrote:They arrre Prrsha wanabees. :wink:
Yeah, I've got a pic of one from Midgardsormr here:

http://gallery.drackhen.org/displayimag ... um=1&pos=6
Mcpiggi
Tomcat

Post by Mcpiggi »

I get po'd evertime i see the mithra Imaslut :x
Clayn
Kitten

Post by Clayn »

Get distracted from the actual game when I see a mithra called cheapcallgirl
>.<
Name: Clayn
Race: Hume
Server: Remora
Linkshells: LionbaneFriends, TruthSeekers, ChampionsofBahamut
Nimonie
Tomcat

hmm

Post by Nimonie »

I thought it was funny but it is kind of a stupied name on Asura there was a galkan named WhoFlungPoo. it was kinda funny to see him lol. :oops:
77 Bard, 80 Blm, 80 Monk, 80 blu, 80 bst, 75 smn, 75 Pld, 73 Dnc, 75Rng, 40 Whm, 42 rdm, 37 war, 42 nin, 31 thf. Windurst Sandoria & Bastok rank 10. CoP Complete, aht urhgan Complete, Rise of Zilart Complete.