Thinking about lvling new job, suggestions?

A place to talk about... anything!
Ambrey
Teh Sexeh

Thinking about lvling new job, suggestions?

Post by Ambrey »

I've been thinking of lvling a new job when Im not in my static party with my dragoon. Been contemplating lvling ranger but I wanted all ur kittys input and any advice on either lvling the ranger job or should I lvl another job and if so which one? I have unlocked all job except summoner. Any thoughts? :shock:
Klenath
Big Cat

Post by Klenath »

Ranger is expensive, especially after 20 since it's normal to sub NIN for Utsusemi (and hence, you gotta level NIN). Ranger gets expensive later for the good bows and eventually ammo.

Thief is horrid before level 15, but once you've hit 15 you get Sneak Attack and the world is a happy place!

White Mage and Black Mage are always in demand, but the spells are expensive and unlike armor, can't be re-sold to recoup their cost. Also, some mage equipment is quite expensive. White Mage is good for farming elementals though since they hate Banish / Banish II.

Bard is a guaranteed party, but as melee and taking hits they royally stink. I wouldn't farm as a Bard if I valued my life.

Beastmaster is a loner job, so if you want to not be bothered with people you should level Beastmaster.

Paladin is wanted if there's ever a need for a tank, and Mithra are pretty good tanks.
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Summoner is a Very entertaining diversion..always something different to do, especially with how avatar abilities can skill chain and MB now.

White mage, always a group..some people say its boring, I find myself very much enjoying it..yes the spells are costly.

Rdm, Good for farming..Interesting job..seems to be able to solo reasonably well also.
Ambrey
Teh Sexeh

Post by Ambrey »

Well, if i was to lvl ranger at least my thf is 15, nin is 22 and rdm is 30 heh so i do have a slight advantage, not much but just enough to get me to at least 30 I think. Thanks you two for the input, if anyone else can think of any other suggestions I am all ears, thanks for ur time! :D
Nivez
Story Cat

Post by Nivez »

ill give you your answer you desire, lvl warrior, reasons are simple.

1. smashing things with a greataxe is fun
2. you dont HAVE to have a ninja sub, monk and thief work just fine if your using the greataxe
3. wars have no spells, just armor, which can be sold back whenever, effectifly (assuming a static market) you will not lose much if any gil.
4. war is a good subjob for your main anyway.
5. oh, did i mention its fun^^

well thats just my 2 gil, now im off to pass out^^
Nicole
Kitten

Post by Nicole »

I agree with Nivez. WAR is a really fun job (or at least to me, it is), whether you duel wield two axes or Sneak Attack Sturmwind. Its not expensive one bit, even if you sub NIN :lol:
Their AF is really nice on Mithra, too :P
[img]http://img140.exs.cx/img140/8352/avatar2do.jpg[/img]
Gwynn
Big Cat

Post by Gwynn »

Nicole wrote:Their AF is really nice on Mithra, too :P
As the Representative RDM, and to a lesser extent THF, on this site I must also mention that Thief AF looks uuber on Mithra... it's Second only to Mithra in Red Mage AF. (it's the hat... the hat makes the outfit.)

Realistically though, After a while DRG becomes the percieved redheaded stepchild of damage dealing. The only real good way to counteract that perception is to go Samurai. With the TP bonuses you'll get from SAM subbed to your DRG at your level, you'll be pentathrusting every 5 hits. Besides, Polearm Samurai Rock. Must faster than G.Kat even if they don't look as cool.
[b]Gwynn[/b] : [color=Orange][i] Bismark Server[/i][/color]
Primary: RDM75/BLM37
Secondary:WAR75/NIN37
Next: NIN63/WAR31
Bastok Rank: 9
ZM:17 PM 3-5 TM: 8
AFb:
WAR: Head [x] Body [ ] Gloves [x] Leggings [x] Boots [x]
RDM: Head [ ] Body [ ] Gloves [x] Leggings [x] Boots [x]
Poekie
Kitten

Post by Poekie »

I'd say Beastmaster, as you can solo or decide to team up with other players as you wish (if they want you ofcourse).

Problem is you'll most likely want to sub whm and I see you haven't got that one levelled so that would mean more jobs to level :/
Mrreoww
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

I think RDM is about the most fun one can have in this game without going cyber. I could be accused of bias here, but I have 3 other characters, in other fields.

A lot of fun with WAR/MNK. When you tank, there is ALWAYS something to do. If you don't like tanking, WAR/TFH is great as well.

RNG is fairly cheap to get to 20, especally if you are leveling woodworking. My other Mithra, Chanti, is currently leveling as SAM/RNG and that is a blast too. Except for the going blind trying to read skillchain charts. The lack of a back up Provoke kinda hurts a bit.

THF is useful, THF is fun, THF/MNK and a good set of claws is truly impresive.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Thinking about lvling new job, suggestions?

Post by xaresity »

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо