Dragon Bomb Age II

Well as it sais, all Xbox related stuff goes here.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Dragon Bomb Age II

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Yeah. I said it. Origins was brilliant. A Wonderful masterpiece. And what does EA Do with a successful game? Milk it for money by giving us honey biscuts where the biscuits are cowpies. Seriously. Lets start with a couple positives. Like the ME2 Dialogue Wheel. Awesome right? Except even on my 42" HDTV the text is too small. And someone said 'That's why you do it on pc!' Well guess what? It's still too darn small. Another nice thing is the voiced main character. But EA Said that "This is why you cannot choose your race, because of the voice!" Uh....yeah, that makes about as much sense as looking down the barrel of a loaded gun. Seriously.

The problem I have that REALLY GRINDS MY GEARS (points for getting the reference), is the story. The entire plot is just plain stupid. I can't find myself latching on to any character. They just don't give me a reason to care. And here's the worst part. The "Background" information you can choose for the original game. ***SPOILER ALERT*** You have 4 options. Elf, Dwarf, or Mage Warden. Elf = Dalish, dies during combat. Okay. Lets look at the 4th option. Upload your origins/awakening save. In my save, I didn't die to the arch demon. In fact I was alister's side project if you get what I mean. Yet the game just chances "Dead Dalish Warden" to "Dead City Warden" >.> Seriously? That's not how my game ended. ***END SPOILER***

The next problem is going to seem bizzare for me to put in the 360 section but I will. Combat engine. It's too consolish. Actually that's not true, it's worse than console. What DA Origins had, was console friendly, while still letting me have full PC Controls on that copy. Here both engines are shot to hell and are very unfriendly to players. It's like they basically did what Super Mario Bros 2 was. They took out the Dynasty Warriors sprites, replaced them with new ones, Slapped Dragon Age II on the cover and sent it out the door to make millions.

And lets not start on the lying about secuROM. Pathetic. My original activation code was dead. Much like Cerberus Network for Mass Effect 2. And once again EA Weaseled out of my replacement code claiming that for their screwups, I had to pay them 25 dollars for a new one. Thankfully, I used my cousin's copy of the game for PC. But this is still the 360 section, so back to that copy. The look, the feel, the whole game, just drove me away. I love having my teammates hold 30 feet back, then refuse to rush into combat and wait til I get owned. Yeah real funny EA.

And where's Bioware on this? Too busy with real games like Mass Effect and The Old Republic (which better not suck since they didn't let me into beta.) BioWare sold us all out. The first time that company has stamped their name on crap. I expect this from EA, not Bio Ware. It's hard to love a game that drives it's fan base away because your average kid wants something "Easier." Dragon Age is not an "easy" game. And further more, Don't try to fix the polish before you fix the basics. Game Informer said that. And I am Saying it because I agree with it. And I NEVER agree with game informer on anything. So what does that tell you?

I almost bought an 80 dollar signature edition. Instead I cancelled it. Losing 5 bucks vs 80 is a huge deal. I decided to save my money on this pile of rat droppings for Dissidia 012. Which next week I will be reviewing.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Re: Dragon Bomb Age II

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

I hate to mention this but rarely, when a company is bought out by a much bigger company, does the purchased company remain independent.

Bioware got caught in EA's WAR trap. Until that point EA hadn't messed too much with it. Now it is just another name for EA to milk.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Thanks for the heads up on this, saved me $60.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Tivia wrote:Thanks for the heads up on this, saved me $60.
This
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99