Kinect!

Well as it sais, all Xbox related stuff goes here.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Kinect!

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Xbox Pause.

Now that my movie is on pause I'd like to talk about why I dropped 150 dollars on this device. You just saw it. Voice Commands. I wasted money because I'm too lazy to turn my controller back on and press the start button. I thank you for this time. Now if you'll excuse me....

Xbox Play.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Re: Kinect!

Post by Tivia »

Does the 360 not have a bluetooth controller that is always on like the ps3 for when running dvd's? :shock:

I spent $20 so I only had to move one finger to pause.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Dunno what the 360 uses for communication with its controllers, but for DVD's I just use my IR Logitech Harmony remote.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

I own the Xbox 360 Media Remote, but I lost it during the move. But remember you're talking to the person who owns that stupid 360/pioneer surround sound speaker system just for the xbox xD
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Shirai wrote:Dunno what the 360 uses for communication with its controllers, but for DVD's I just use my IR Logitech Harmony remote.
Yea I was thinking it at least had some option other then the controller. Kinda caught me off guard is all since I haven't touched my 360 in months.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Without the Harmony I would have had 6 remotes lying around, now I only have two.
(Went for the cheapest option, supporting 5 devices. The other remote is for my digital TV decoder.)
I'm pretty pleased with the IR option for the 360, I don't have to pick up a seperate controller to watch DVDs like I have to with my PS3 when I want to watch Blu Ray.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Shirai wrote:Without the Harmony I would have had 6 remotes lying around, now I only have two.
(Went for the cheapest option, supporting 5 devices. The other remote is for my digital TV decoder.)
I'm pretty pleased with the IR option for the 360, I don't have to pick up a seperate controller to watch DVDs like I have to with my PS3 when I want to watch Blu Ray.
Harmony is a cool remote to use, but other than my missing media remote, we don't lose remotes around here. We have a wall mounted rack that we made for them. The media remote disappearing was due to a hasty packing and moving. us and our roommates shared the lease and it ran out on us anyways. Their crashing with us until they find a place to live, which is fine by me, so long as they keep to their small bathroom and out of my master bath >.>;
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

It's not the fear of losing my remotes, it's that I hate having half my table occupied by them and having to grasp a different remote every time I want to do something.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Shirai wrote:It's not the fear of losing my remotes, it's that I hate having half my table occupied by them and having to grasp a different remote every time I want to do something.
WALL RACK :D We also have The Armory Controller Rack system too heh. Except our full size guitar controllers live in the dual guitar gig bags we own for the real ones.
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Shirai wrote:Without the Harmony I would have had 6 remotes lying around, now I only have two.

My problem with the PS3 remote is complicated..

On one hand bluetooth is flat out superior to IR in every conceivable manner. Nothing irks me more then playing the "Is it lined up?" game if I am not directly in front of my TV. Being able to just pick up the remote and it work is freaking awesome. On the other hand, nothing else bloody supports it so it results in multiple remotes and no logitech harmony usage for my PS3 :( . I am aware there is 1 controller out there that supports both IR and bluetooth, but it sucks.

I think manufacturers need to hurry the hell up and abandon IR so Logitech will switch the harmony to bluetooth and I can be super happy!

This would be me with all bluetooth devices! I would totally get that tattoo on my forearms too. :rofl:
Keerith
Metal Cat

Post by Keerith »

Tivia wrote:
Shirai wrote:Dunno what the 360 uses for communication with its controllers, but for DVD's I just use my IR Logitech Harmony remote.
Yea I was thinking it at least had some option other then the controller. Kinda caught me off guard is all since I haven't touched my 360 in months.
It does; I've got an IR DVD remote for my 360; I think it's even the same one I had for my first X-Box. :)
-Keerith
See you later, space cowboy!

[FFXIV: Keerith Galeo, Priestess of Ormagöden]

"Can't bend what's made of metal / We're reinforced with steel / We never will surrender / We never kneel." - Made of Metal, by Dream Evil
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Karou Ariyen wrote:
Shirai wrote:It's not the fear of losing my remotes, it's that I hate having half my table occupied by them and having to grasp a different remote every time I want to do something.
WALL RACK :D We also have The Armory Controller Rack system too heh. Except our full size guitar controllers live in the dual guitar gig bags we own for the real ones.
No, no, no!!

I don't want to be grabbing a different remote every time I want to adjust the sound, switch the tv to another setting or press pause on my dvd player.
One remote to rule them all out!
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Shirai wrote:
Karou Ariyen wrote:
No, no, no!!

I don't want to be grabbing a different remote every time I want to adjust the sound, switch the tv to another setting or press pause on my dvd player.
One remote to rule them all out!
Damn you Europeans and your efficency! Be American! Get Fat, Lazy and suck down McDonalds!!! :D Also Darn the swedish for their affordable awesome crappy furniture :rofl:
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Karou Ariyen wrote:Damn you Europeans and your efficency! Be American! Get Fat, Lazy and suck down McDonalds!!! :D
Image Image Image

And don't hate!!
Keerith
Metal Cat

Post by Keerith »

http://www.cracked.com/funny-5656-kinect/

That pretty much nails down the Kinect, in my mind. :D
-Keerith
See you later, space cowboy!

[FFXIV: Keerith Galeo, Priestess of Ormagöden]

"Can't bend what's made of metal / We're reinforced with steel / We never will surrender / We never kneel." - Made of Metal, by Dream Evil
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2010/11/5/ :lol:

Eh, the way I figure is that Microsoft and Sony realised how popular the gimmicky crap was with Wii and are trying to muscle in on their territory.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Sugami wrote:http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2010/11/5/ :lol:

Eh, the way I figure is that Microsoft and Sony realised how popular the gimmicky crap was with Wii and are trying to muscle in on their territory.
I am officially framing a print of that comic and then I'm going to stalk those 2 and make them sign it while I implant their Microsoft Loyalty Chips in their necks :rofl:
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

So the Kinect has apparently broken a record for most units sold for some crap or something I don't know, colour me surprised I never thought it'd be that popular :oops:
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

I haven't used my kinect in 3 months. What a waste. Did they ever fix the broken voice commands?
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

It still doesn't kill on command, so no :P
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Sugami wrote:It still doesn't kill on command, so no :P
Damn. Do you have any idea how obnoxious it is to pick up a remote and manually PAUSE a video?! :rofl:
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Hate to think what you'd be like before remotes were invented. I usually use my joystick as a remote for playing DVDs on the 360 since it's always plugged in.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Takes about an hour to fully program, but it controls everything except my PS3, at least until I buy an IR reciever for it I have my PS3 programmed on it too.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Shirai wrote:Image

Takes about an hour to fully program, but it controls everything except my PS3, at least until I buy an IR reciever for it I have my PS3 programmed on it too.
I have one problem with universal remotes. I cannot be programmed for one aspect of my media setup. I have this A/V hub that the PS3, 360, Wii, and NES all share (PS2 is by itself as is my genny setup):

It uses an Intec Remote to wireless change A/V channels. No other remote can be programmed for it. But we don't have a remote problem. I built a custom rack holder that sits on the side of the pc desk: PS2, 360, PS3, Comcast, DVD. Each with their own individually named racks. We don't lose remotes here. Oh the PC's Varis wireless start up remote lives on the pc desk. If I lose that I can bypass on the mobo. The Intect A/V Remote lives inside the storage drawers.

I just don't lose remotes. Now Keys on the other hand is a big bane to me.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

We've been through this before Ka-chan. XD
I just don't like to have to grasp between 4 different remotes where I can program one to do it all.
I want to watch TV? I push one button and it turns on my TV, Amplifier and Digital TV decoder. Next to that it witches to all correct channels on the tv and surround amp.
Watch a DVD? Same thing.
Blu-Ray? Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame!!
Turning it off works the same way, one button instead of 3 remotes.
Just a single push of the button.

Sure 2 devices don't use it right now:
- My PS3, for which I have to purchase: http://www.logitech.com/en-us/remotes/a ... vices/5732
- My Media player PC for which I have a wireless mini keyboard which has a touchpad mouse on it, well so be it.

Living room setup:

(Pictures taken at different times.)

Having to buy one more thing to make my TV life that much easier, worth it.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Yeah but I like to fight over the remote! even if it's 4! Why do I even have remotes? I friggin either use a controller or turn the damn tv on by myself (I have never once shut the cable box off unless I lose power). So in reality, Remotes are.....obsolete even for me. I guess I collect them of sorts. Okay I use the Comcast Remote, but that's about it.

EDIT: My comcast remote is programmed for: Cable Box, TV, DVD Player, and VCR (Yes I have a VCR. I need a combo so I can record stuff off my tapes and onto DVD). I actually think I have a working universal remote. Although Comcast could provide better directions for how to program the remote.