Post by Sugami »

It's a rare occurance when I'm aware of the anime before the actual game :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrYtQMfcyKA

Think I'll get Black, because Black is cool and the legendary is a fire type :P
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Re: Pokémon Black & White

Post by Karou Ariyen »

SO let me guess.... Ash is now 30-something with a beer belly, married to misty and living in a trailer park and pikachu is now dead. Am I close to accurate now? :D
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Misty has long been replaced by Dawn..who quite frankly is a way better character then Misty ever was. Ash is still terrible though..

My god it is freaking Scary that I know that and have made that judgement. :shock:
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDX1m0Y2Vkg

Why is this fan based and will probably never be made. ;_;
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Well just like all the other games after Red/Blue/Yellow you don't play as Ash :P Before Dawn there was May and her brother Max and from what I've seen of the first two episode of Black and White there's no Dawn either, there's a coloured girl called Iris (and if you've played the game you'll know she's a gym leader :P). I hope Brock comes back too, just wouldn't be the same without him trying to chat up every pretty lady they come across. Considering how long Ash has been travelling Pikachu should be at level 100 by now and unbeatable :P

I'm a bit disappointed actually, May was the female trainer from the Ruby/Emerald games, Dawn was the female trainer from the Diamond/Pearl games but doesn't seem like they've used any of the trainers from Black/White nor have they used the other supporting cast (Cheren and Bianca).

Actually the trainers look pretty good compared to the fashion victims from the last game :P
Damn, there was a great fanart picture I found before but can't seem to find it again :( Oh well this comic will have to do :P

Also that video was totally awesome!
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

NO! Green is the best girl in the series!
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Leaf green? Oh they made a female trainer since the first two games were just male trainers. Think the Black & White one looks the most feminine (and oldest :P).
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Sugami wrote:Leaf green? Oh they made a female trainer since the first two games were just male trainers. Think the Black & White one looks the most feminine (and oldest :P).
Yeah but I'm so Leaf Green Tomboyish :D I would totally do that to my pokemon. Freaking Beautiful!
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Am I the only one that the fact that Pikachu is the one pokemon that has literally never evolved bugs? I mean we have seen an evolved pikachu, so does that make the pikachu some sort of retarded version?

Just something that always bugged me in the anime..
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Tivia wrote:Am I the only one that the fact that Pikachu is the one pokemon that has literally never evolved bugs? I mean we have seen an evolved pikachu, so does that make the pikachu some sort of retarded version?

Just something that always bugged me in the anime..
Remember, Ash tried to force an evolution and pikachu refused. Is that what we call a Derp Moment?
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

See above..
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Heh I think in the games Pikachu can only evolve with a Lightning Stone, Ash did offer Pikachu the stone once but Pikachu refused. Also you can stop evolutions by holding B when it starts, there are certain advantages to stopping pokemon from evolving :P

Concerning Black & White, I'm not sure if I'd call it a better game than Diamond & Pearl. Not sure but think they took out berry growing, I've yet to find anywhere to grow them :( They took out pokemon contests for something else, both are equally pointless but the contests were better I think. The world does seem smaller, maybe the routes are just longer but doesn't seem like there are many routes compared to past games. The whole pokemon sleeping world thing isn't actually available until the 30th. Having all completely new pokemon (until you complete it) is nice but it means no Ditto and that means you can't breed pokemon easily :( I think you can join someone else's game but I have no idea how that works :?:
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Sugami wrote:Heh I think in the games Pikachu can only evolve with a Lightning Stone, Ash did offer Pikachu the stone once but Pikachu refused. Also you can stop evolutions by holding B when it starts, there are certain advantages to stopping pokemon from evolving :P

Concerning Black & White, I'm not sure if I'd call it a better game than Diamond & Pearl. Not sure but think they took out berry growing, I've yet to find anywhere to grow them :( They took out pokemon contests for something else, both are equally pointless but the contests were better I think. The world does seem smaller, maybe the routes are just longer but doesn't seem like there are many routes compared to past games. The whole pokemon sleeping world thing isn't actually available until the 30th. Having all completely new pokemon (until you complete it) is nice but it means no Ditto and that means you can't breed pokemon easily :( I think you can join someone else's game but I have no idea how that works :?:
Ive played them all except black and white. To be honest, I think Red and Blue were the best. Oh and yes I still use my original limited edition BLACK Gameboy. There's 2 mobile devices I always carry with me: My PSP and my Black Gameboy
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

In terms of pokémon and their moves red/blue/yellow probably were the best but the later games offer so much more on top of improved visuals and interface.

Fire starter in Black & White is poop :( Where's my Charmander? :(
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Sugami wrote:In terms of pokémon and their moves red/blue/yellow probably were the best but the later games offer so much more on top of improved visuals and interface.

Fire starter in Black & White is poop :( Where's my Charmander? :(

Blue/Red 6 vs Elite 4:
Tentacruel
Arcanine
PIgeot
Dragonair (Never bothered evolving)
Abra's Final Form (Forgot)
Blastoise (The one I always start with)

I would like to state for the record that while Jellyfish to me should only come near me if theirs aquarium glass seperating us, Tentacruel was actually awesome.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Karou Ariyen wrote:Abra's Final Form (Forgot)
Abra ~> Kadabra ~> Alakazam

It's pretty obvious, it's the most clichéd magic catchphrase ever :P

Can't remember what I had, Charizard, Pigeot and Kadabra (Alakazam was trade evolution :() were most likely in my team.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

For the record, as funny as Scott Ramsoomair think's it is, I never once named my Pigeot "Butts." "Butts used Gust!" :rofl: Actually if my pokedex was a smart arse like Red's in Super Effective, I'd Toss it into the lake.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

I might have called my rival Douche bag once or twice :P In B&W a couple of NPCs ask you for a greeting and a good-bye message, needless to say I wrote something rude* and they liked it :lol:

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/921/ ... e9188b.jpg
There's a great picture of the new female trainer (or a grown-up version of her :lol:). Pretty huge pic and somewhat suggestive but nothing wrong with it :P
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Sugami wrote:I might have called my rival Douche bag once or twice :P In B&W a couple of NPCs ask you for a greeting and a good-bye message, needless to say I wrote something wrote and they liked it :lol:

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/921/ ... e9188b.jpg
There's a great picture of the new female trainer (or a grown-up version of her :lol:). Pretty huge pic and somewhat suggestive but nothing wrong with it :P

Oldie but a Goodie.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

:lol: At least he didn't propose with it :P

Great pic of all the main characters in the game. From left to right:
Bianca, Cheren, White (female trainer), Black (male trainer) & N.

Should point out that Bianca and Cheren are childhood friends, there isn't really a rival, you do battle both of them at different points but Cheren is probably the closest to a rival in the game.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Sugami wrote::lol: At least he didn't propose with it :P
I wanted to be proposed that way >.>; Although a "Will You Marry Me" banner hanging on the side of one of the Amtrak Superliners; Outbound Empire Builder Train was pretty awesome.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Another great one from PA :P

The AI is pretty smart in this game, annoyingly smart :x Always seems to use the attack that's strongest (i.e. super effect), which is annoying when you get to the Pokémon League. Oh okay, psychic-type trainer I'll throw my own psychic pokémon in and use the dark attack against them, WRONG! Instantly gets 1-shotted by a ghost-type attack, WTF :x Then the boss comes along and decides his pokémon that's 14 whole levels below mine can attack first and pretty much one-shot me, you can f- right off! :x :x :x

If I ever find the guy who thought making the fire-type starter a fighting-type as well with absolutely no decent fighting-type attacks and all the weakness of a fighting-type, I'll kick him square in the nuts :x Worst, fire-type, EVER!
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Do I get bonus points for pointing out that Ash (in my image) is holding a Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer Can?

And Sug you have to do it right:
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Finally "beat" the game :D Got lucky with what I thought was the boss then the real boss comes along with a water-type pokémon that's immune to lightning attacks no less :x Just managed to beat him by sacrificing my Gothitelle to allow myself enough time to use a max revive on my Emboar.

Couple of new areas open up, "old" pokémon now available to catch and they all seem to be around level 47 with random trainers having pokémon around level 65, bear in mind my Emboar is level 67 with the rest being 50-54 :oops:

Anyways here's a picture of most of the gym leaders (minus the triplets of the first gym)
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

I feel I still have a long way to go with my lvl 39 Emboar and 5 Gym badges >__________>
I only play on the train from home to work and back.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Ill stick with pokemon Blue. ;P *turns on Game Boy*
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

You made the same mistake I did and picked the stupid flaming pig :oops:

If you've got Black the 8th gym leader will be that guy in white with the beard that covers his whole frickin' jaw! White has that small Iris girl who appears in the anime.

I've probably spent the most time grinding pokémon levels in this game then any other pokémon game. I got lucky and managed to catch the legendary first time with an ultra ball, I'm sure there's going to be a runaway legendary I'll need the master ball for.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Legendary count up to 2, good thing I saved that master ball as there is a run-away legendary. Typical pokémon game it is impossible to capture all pokémon unless if you have two DSs and a copy of both Black and White. Among the obvious you can't have both Zekrom and Reshiram there's also three "genie" legendary pokémon (the runaways), however like Zekrom and Reshiram two of them are game specific and the third only shows up if you have both in your party... that's a big middle finger in your face :x Legendary pokémon are obviously unbreedable and no one will trade theirs thus you are screwed unless you have both games and two consoles, yippee!

Don't even get me started on event pokémon... oh you missed the event because THE GOD DAMN GAME WASN'T EVEN OUT YET? Too bad, no pokémon for you :x

Black & White must be the only game where you complete it without being the champion. Apparently the first time doesn't count because N messed it up so you have to do it again only this time their pokémon are around the 70-80 range :oops: Cynthia (champion from DP) is also hiding somewhere with her own uber strong pokémon :oops: Yeah, be a while before I can take them on :(
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Double completed the game now :D Went to fight the league to train pokémon and ended up winning instead, had a team of mainly legendary pokémon; Reshiram, Tornadus, Gothitelle, Virizion, Cobalion and Kyurem though I only used the first four and mainly just the first two. The Elite Four have pokemon level 71 with their best one at 73, the champion has in the range of 74-77.

Now all that's left is Cherem, Bianca and Cynthia :)

Oh yeah, if you do get the game make sure you complete the story ASAP otherwise you'll end up in Black City or White Forrest and it'll be completely empty, another "what were you thinking?!" idea :x