14 Beta Client Crashing & Windows 7 Solution

A place to talk about... anything!
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

14 Beta Client Crashing & Windows 7 Solution

Post by Karou Ariyen »

I know, Right click the icon and "Run as Administrator." Guess what boys and girls... it doesn't help, it just delays my software crash by 30 minutes. Microsoft doesn't even care when I call tech support. They claim everything is wrong but my operating system. I'm pretty sure my hardware is compatable because I wouldn't be typing this if it wasn't. Getting so pissed off with MS I canceled my Halo: Reach pre-order.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Re: 14 Beta Client Crashing & Windows 7 Solution

Post by Tivia »

Good for you for cancelling halo..worthless series anyhow. :rofl: sorry couldn't resist.

That said,MS is right, the issue is not win 7. The crashing is experienced in 7, vista and XP alike. I have a 7 machine, spouse is on vista and a friend on XP..all the same issue. It is something with XIV, as to what I am unsure. I know the past several days of patches have been completely broken for me, I am now forced to utorrent every single patch.. :x
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

It's 7 on my end. It's crashing offline stuff like Oblivion, Rainbow Six Lockdown and Microsoft Train Simulator (the last one makes me angry that it'd do that >.<)
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

There's only one thing that I can think of...
Device drivers.

Been running Windows 7 since beta and it has been one of the most stable OS' I had.
If it's a software related problem;

Device drivers.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

I thought that too, but my device drivers are passing and up to date. I finally got a hold of a "normal" tech who wasn't "Hell this is Bob from India." who thinks there may be something running within windows core files. Wouldn't surprise me.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

The specs you posted earlier, looked like a new pc.
Is that the pc giving you all this crap?

If so, how old is the system?
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Yeah. Everything's been OCed perfectly, it all runs great, except for windows 7 >.> x64 Bit OEM System Builder Professional
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

OC'ed huh?

Have you tried running everything on your components' standard clock?
One of the reasons I don't OC myself is because even with a slight OC stuff tends to go wonky.
Even though I know the components can handle it.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Yeah just tried that, got no where >.< /facepalm I'm going to do a restore point after I back everything up on my external hard drive, reinstall 14 and oblivion and try that again.
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

You aren't running an ATI card with the 10.8 drivers by chance are you?
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

I believe she has Nvidia.

And before I move from the currently very stable: 8.753.0.0 drivers on my cards.
I don't feel like googling, but what's up with those ATI drivers?

[edit]
never mind, I just checked holland's biggest geekforums.
Stay away from those drivers.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

ATI? I'd rather play russian roulette with all 6 champers loaded. :P
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Kaorii wrote:ATI? I'd rather play russian roulette with all 6 champers loaded. :P
Don't hate.
My 2x Ati HD4890 have been doing really well on my rig!!
(Yes most of the 5000 series sucked, I know that's why I avoided that series.)
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Shirai wrote:I believe she has Nvidia.

And before I move from the currently very stable: 8.753.0.0 drivers on my cards.
I don't feel like googling, but what's up with those ATI drivers?

[edit]
never mind, I just checked holland's biggest geekforums.
Stay away from those drivers.
Yea they are bad, I tried them out just to see..it was horrible. I use the 8.7's as well..haven't had a single issue in any game.
Keerith
Metal Cat

Post by Keerith »

Shirai wrote:
Kaorii wrote:ATI? I'd rather play russian roulette with all 6 champers loaded. :P
Don't hate.
Ack, now I feel bad. >.> I've got a 5550. And I'm pretty sure the latest drivers, I"ll have to check when I get home. If I do, I'll have to bless and consecrate my PC to make extra sure nothing explodes, right?
-Keerith
See you later, space cowboy!

[FFXIV: Keerith Galeo, Priestess of Ormagöden]

"Can't bend what's made of metal / We're reinforced with steel / We never will surrender / We never kneel." - Made of Metal, by Dream Evil
Raika Akaizer
FACE STOMPING CAT

Post by Raika Akaizer »

I've tried both 10.7 and 10.8. Both crash all the same.
RIP Titan MP.
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Keerith wrote:
Shirai wrote:
Don't hate.
Ack, now I feel bad. >.> I've got a 5550. And I'm pretty sure the latest drivers, I"ll have to check when I get home. If I do, I'll have to bless and consecrate my PC to make extra sure nothing explodes, right?
Yea I am running a 4850 here without a single issue. This game is largely cpu based so my AMD 1055T is letting me run lag free at max settings.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Intel Core i7 930 Black Edition :D It's Overclocked to high performance settings which intel apparently encourages you to do.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Hmm... one of my 4890 cards is breaking down and the computerstore has offered me to trade both cards in for a single 5870...
According to most reviews I read this would be a good choice, should I or should I wait for them to have a replacement for the single 4890?
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Well the official benchmark test is a joke, it's rating me around 2000 when it should be 6000 or higher. These may be 460's but their just as good as the 470's or 480's. I need a new mobo with that small pci-e slot unblocked so I can get a real ethernet card in there and tighten up the internet. But so far, windows has a major glitch with "Games for Windows Live." It's refusing to let me run Fallout 3 Script Extender which all my FO3 mods require to run. Whether or not MS is to blame for the 14 Beta Client issue, Windows 7 Still has massive issues with the User Access Control system, Windows Genuine Advantage, and basically MS Allowing the OS to ignore user commands. They built it on a Vista platform and claimed it was built on XP. Oh by the way, Windows Defender declared my Operating system malware. I call MS and they accused me of saying it was a stolen copy. It's very difficult these days to run a pirated copy of Windows and I don't like MS Accusing me of stealing from them. If anything they stole 150 from me when I bought that System Builder OEM Disc.

EVGA's forums have been helpful and so have their staff members and helping me make sure it isn't my hardware but in fact Windows 7. And I'll tell you what I told EVGA when they asked "I'll photograph the rig when I can find that brand new sony camera I bought." I have a problem losing things.
xaresity
Queen Cat

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru