XIV beta, who's in?

A place to talk about... anything!
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Horray, I finally got in and got to try a class I was actually interested in.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

I'd like to get in but their stupid website wouldn't even let me register last time I tried >.<
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

So that said...

My computer failed the benchmark program miserably..however I am able to operate in game quite smoothly, nothing outside of normal beta performance issues.

I am gonna upgrade my cpu to a quad core since I am still sitting at 90% cpu utilization in crowded areas, but it doesn't look like I need to do a complete rebuild.
Keerith
Metal Cat

Post by Keerith »

Awesome!

How bad is "failed miserably"?
-Keerith
See you later, space cowboy!

[FFXIV: Keerith Galeo, Priestess of Ormagöden]

"Can't bend what's made of metal / We're reinforced with steel / We never will surrender / We never kneel." - Made of Metal, by Dream Evil
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

1, Its a miserable benchmark. I have never even run it.

2, A bit above min specs and I run the game, even picking looks over performance. Lag a bunch, but if I turn down the visuals enough that my eyes bleed (Out of game Config, not in game) I have less lag.

3, Have they fixed the ATI glitch yet? Who here has ATI? I have nVida.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Keerith
Metal Cat

Post by Keerith »

They patched it early July for most cards, I believe. I have an ATI and havn't had any problems
-Keerith

"Can't bend what's made of metal / We're reinforced with steel / We never will surrender / We never kneel." - Made of Metal, by Dream Evil
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Tried last night, still laggy as hell.
Dual ATI 4890.

CPU rates a tad low with current standards (Intel Q6600) but it's still a good CPU.
I have 8 Gigs of ram (1333 in case I'm upgrading soon, but simply don't have the money for that right now.)
All drivers are up to date, all settings should be optimal, I just replaced all my cooling and even with the hot weather outside lately my CPU and MB temperatures aren't that high.
FF14 also only takes 40~50% CPU load most of the time.

Also I know not everyone takes the benchmark super serious, but I've compared my own scores with the scores of other people with comparable systems to my own.
The difference was marginal, like 30 to 50 points and the scores were all fairly decent.

I have no idea where else to look other then shipping my PC to Japan and asking SE to figure out what the hell is wrong with this thing.
I really like to give FF14 a swing, but as the game is running now it is unplayable.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

What are the apparent minimum specs?
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Sugami wrote:What are the apparent minimum specs?
System Requirements
Windows Vista® 32-bit / 64-bit SP2 *2
Windows® 7 32-bit / 64-bit *2

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo (2.0 GHz)
AMD Athlon X2 (2.0 GHz)

RAM: Windows XP: 1.5 GB
Windows Vista / Windows 7: 2 GB

Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® 9600 or higher VRAM 512 MB
Radeon™ HD 2900 or higher VRAM 512 MB

Internet Connection: Broadband (constant connection)

Monitor Resolution: 1280 x 720 or higher; 32-bit
People have run it on less, like some single proc AMD, a 9500 card, like that. They run like ****, and on low settings too.

Also currently the game doesn't implement crossfire / SLI
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Keerith
Metal Cat

Post by Keerith »

Maybe I have a low definition of "playable" but I think anything over 20 framerate is grand. :)

Recently upgraded my system to 3 GB ram/2.8G Athlon X2 processor/ATI 5580 graphics card. I play at the lower (1280) resolution but it all looks great. This weekend I might try overclocking some bits and pushing the detail up. For what it's worth I know I get more than 20 FPS in game, not sure if there's a way to tell how high it is but everything from polearm jabs to tail swings is smooth. Hit 1200-ish in the benchmark
-Keerith

Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Well my system meets the minimal requirements it seems; 1/2 GB RAM more, next ATI Radeon series better and 0.9GHz faster AMD dual core. How well it will run is another matter entirely but the benchmark seemed to run pretty smooth regardless of the score given (both low and high res).
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Well, I went out and bought a computer upgrade.
Quad core AMD Phenom II.
Found some cash in selling some of the pile of "old" components I own.

Making a back-up now, will post new specs and results later.

@Tsybil,
Yeah I know about the CF/SLi, still though even on a single GPU it should run better then it does now.

@Ziyu,
My definition of playable doesn't always include framerate.
What I am bothered by is:

I push the walk forward button, it takes 1~3 seconds for my character to start moving, I release the button, it takes 1~3 seconds before my character stops moving.
Now if that were to happen to me in another game, the other players or in PVE the NPC's/Mobs would have my ass.

I consider that to be unplayable.
Keerith
Metal Cat

Post by Keerith »

Wow, yea, that is bad. Weird.
-Keerith

Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Fwiw, delayed movement before and after keypress are traditionally a latency issue..not a video performance issue.

As for specs/benchmark questions issued earlier.

1500ish on low = Failed miserably imo. However on moderate settings in game I operate fairly smoothly with no noticeable delays or chugs.

Current specs I am running
Core 2 duo 2.1ghz
8Gb DDr 2
ATI 4850
Windows 7 64 bit.
1280x1024 resolution.

Clearly gotta upgrade before launch, but trying to milk this out as long as possible since I just started a new job.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Well, upgrade complete and the results are a world of difference.
Sure I have the occasional glitches, but I don't have the latency issue anymore which made the game unplayable.

[edit]
Amd Phenom 2 945 (Quad-core @3000)
6GB DDR3 (My old ram wasn't sufficient.)
Last edited by Shirai on Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Congrats!! :thumb:

Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Re: XIV beta, who's in?

Post by Shirai »

Hmmm... I'm starting to see why people are scoffing off the benchmark.

I've been running it on my new configuration for shits and giggles and I am getting the exact same scores as I did with my old config.
Ive ran it several times to confirm this.

I also ran the 3dMark benchmark to compare the scores with my old config, my current config scores nearly 3000 points higher than my old config on that one.
Keerith
Metal Cat

Post by Keerith »

Hah, nice!

BTW I want to try grouping, if any of you catch me in game. Garland server, Ceraph Mirielli.
-Keerith

Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

I tried to start a census thread Ziyu

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9027

Maybe I picked the wrong title.

Keerith
Metal Cat

Post by Keerith »

I've just got this thread set to give me e-mail alerts when someone posts. I hadn't checked the rest of the forum yet. :)
-Keerith

xaresity
Queen Cat

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting