XIV beta, who's in?

A place to talk about... anything!
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

XIV beta, who's in?

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

I am. :D

Grrreat fun. Even without any extra Rs.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

I'm in, have been since before the Alpha, but so far no fun.

Try playing any game, while defragmenting your hard drive, running an antivirus scan and spysweeper and burning a DVD or BLU-Ray disk at the same time, while compressing a movie.
That's how 14 is running on my computer right now, on low res.
(Note, it's a rig which plays most games flawless on 1080p with high settings, while running several other programs on the side, a system that I built for performance.)

It's a problem the game has with my ATI cards, SE already confirmed this.
Now they need to fix it, or they'll have problems with quite a few players.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

Ah, no wonder why my score was so low with the benchmarker.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

I heard about the ATI glitch, I assume it is a high priority.

I remember that on those cards FFXI works best with older ATI drivers, did you try that?

And if you have a few bucks or euros, an nVida 9800 is ~ $100. My somewhat older system runs XIV well enough with one of those.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Haha, I have a Nvdia 9800 card put aside in case one of my ATI cards breaks, but no.
I'm not sacrificing my crossfire rig (2 Graphics cards) just to be able to play FF14.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Somehow I can't blame you. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edit:

If you have a dual GPU machine, I will just bet you have enough parts laying around to build a minimalist machine around that nVida card. Probably one better than my best computer.

I have XP, AMD x2 4400+, 2 GB RAM, and a 9800 GT. It runs XIV quite well enough to play. I notice some hesitation in controlling my character, but don't know it its my machine or my lack of a controller.

Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Tsybil wrote: If you have a dual GPU machine, I will just bet you have enough parts laying around to build a minimalist machine around that nVida card. Probably one better than my best computer.

I have XP, AMD x2 4400+, 2 GB RAM, and a 9800 GT. It runs XIV quite well enough to play. I notice some hesitation in controlling my character, but don't know it its my machine or my lack of a controller.
Guilty! :o
I just need to buy a case and I'll have a very decent second PC.
I just don't have the space for it.
Keerith
Metal Cat

Post by Keerith »

I just got into the beta; couldn't play last week because my system sucked but I am rready to go on Tuesday!

Is there a way to look the pride up in 14?
-Keerith
See you later, space cowboy!

[FFXIV: Keerith Galeo, Priestess of Ormagöden]

"Can't bend what's made of metal / We're reinforced with steel / We never will surrender / We never kneel." - Made of Metal, by Dream Evil
Raika Akaizer
FACE STOMPING CAT

Post by Raika Akaizer »

I wasn't invited. :(
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

Wasn't invited, but I managed to snag an account from a friend. Traded him Cataclysm beta for it. :lol:

Download is going majorly slow though. Can't seem to make my roommate's router not cut off FFXIV updater on me. And I can't use the G15 to make my internet automatically run a ip release -> reset.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Hardwire to the web before the router?

Chain port forwarding?

Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

Pretty much what I ended up doing. Installing the 15JUL10 update now. I assume that's the latest one.

Going to make my character and then sleep.
Raika Akaizer
FACE STOMPING CAT

Post by Raika Akaizer »

Just putting it out there...... if anyone can get my a hook-up it would be much appreciated. :D
Keerith
Metal Cat

Post by Keerith »

I don't think you can make a character outside of the designated test times when.the server is up.

Also, if you're having trouble with the DL you can use a Torrent program instead of the loader. The patcher puts a .torrent in MY Ganes//the beta folder.
-Keerith

"Can't bend what's made of metal / We're reinforced with steel / We never will surrender / We never kneel." - Made of Metal, by Dream Evil
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Still no luck here either, bit frustrating since I was one of the first signups and had the FFXIII signup attached as well..

meh, oh well. will go open at some point I am sure.
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

I managed to get FFXIV downloaded/installed/etc.

Waiting for 10 P.M. to hit before I can start. If I get mine updated to beta access, I'll forward my current account to someone n,n
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

They will be inviting more testers in several stages throughout the beta. I have seen several posters on the BTS forums who have been invited since the last time the servers were live.

TLDR: There is still hope.

:thumb:

Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

Got in, got to the character selection.

Made my Mito'qe character.

Submit to server...

TIMEOUT!

/fail
Keerith
Metal Cat

Post by Keerith »

Yea, from everyone trying to get in. I think as long as you try every 8 to 10 min it holds your place in line.
-Keerith

Keerith
Metal Cat

Post by Keerith »

The servers are back up at 9 PM Central (10 PM Eastern) and I'm planning on remaking my character. What server are you guys on, if you don't mind me pestering you in game?
-Keerith

Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

I was able to get in and pester around for a bit.

A lot of the starter areas are crowded, and the game runs smoother than it did last time, so the fixes did work.

All I know if I need to build me a spanking new machine if I want to run FFXIV decently.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Garland server.

Also Gabrantah(??) (I can't read my own handwriting....) :roll:

Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

finally goaded a friend into letting me use his account.

2 Beta phases have come and gone since I got it..thus far I have yet to be able to complete character creation.

This isn't beta or a game ready to release in 2 months..this is Early alpha at best.. :?:
Keerith
Metal Cat

Post by Keerith »

Whoops.

I'm on the Garland server too, huzzah for FF1! My character is named Ceraph Mirielli. Only at rank 2 (maybe 3) in my combat class since I've been leveling botanist/miner instead.
-Keerith

Keerith
Metal Cat

Post by Keerith »

Tivia wrote:finally goaded a friend into letting me use his account.

2 Beta phases have come and gone since I got it..thus far I have yet to be able to complete character creation.

This isn't beta or a game ready to release in 2 months..this is Early alpha at best.. :?:
What system are you running? Mine barely meets the minimum requirements, but I've been playing just fine. The last build was even better.
-Keerith

Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

System is fine, it is just issues with stability. I can load into one of his chars just fine, but between time out issues, erroring out on creation, unstable servers, basically no actual test time..meh you get the picture.
Keerith
Metal Cat

Post by Keerith »

Ouch! That sucks.

Maybe I've just been lucky with the times I've tried to play and avoided the major issues. It would be nice if they left the servers up longer.
-Keerith

Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Doh, you'd have thought most of those issues would have been fixed in the Alpha testing period :?
Keerith
Metal Cat

Post by Keerith »

Apparently as of 9 PM tonight (US Central) the beta is moving to P2 and will be up 24 hours a day; hopefully they throw out some more invites and a few more of the board cats can get in.
-Keerith

Raika Akaizer
FACE STOMPING CAT

Post by Raika Akaizer »

^ THIS
RIP Titan MP.