MithraPride, FFXIV, New Friends, New Adventures

A place to talk about... anything!
Raika Akaizer
FACE STOMPING CAT

MithraPride, FFXIV, New Friends, New Adventures

Post by Raika Akaizer »

Fellow Cats and Kittens,
September 22nd is the announced release date of the collector's edition Final Fantasy XIV. Followed by the standard edition on the 30th of September. It has been ever looming in my mind the wonderful time I had with MithraPride all those years ago. So I'll be straight forward, I want to try it again, but a little differently. Last time we did this, we bumped into the problem of endgame separations due to the idea that it was a social linkshell. The reality is that it will take more people of different preferences to help it succeed. Otherwise it will just die away like all the others did last time. So perhaps we could allow other races in that prove themselves or have already proven themselves to the clan of cats known as MithraPride? Perhaps by referral? Can we make this work? Granted it's a sheer violation of the only rule we really had, but if that rule was the ultimate destruction, I'm willing to overlook it.

I would love nothing more than to see MithraPride once again be the epic community that it once was. Especially with the old crew. So I propose that all whom may wish to try this please show your interest in this thread so we can discuss how to proceed.

Cats of particular intrest to me:

Shirai the Noble
Karou the Devil Cat
Tsybil the Original
Sugami the Refined
Fiye the Honest
Tivia the Quick

*Just my impressions. If I'm dead wrong feel free to roll up some newspaper and bap away*
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Refined, hmm, yeah I like that :lol:
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Haha!! the Noble!!

I have to see if I'll play XIV.
Being a huge FF fan I probably will, but up to now the alpha has not really impressed me.
Perhaps the changes in the beta will change my mind as that should be closer to what the release should look like.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Of course I am interested.

We will have to see what happens.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Raika Akaizer
FACE STOMPING CAT

Post by Raika Akaizer »

Sweet! Just gonna wait a bit for the others of interest at the very least to see what they have to say. Don't wanna dive into an empty pool. Will check back later after some shut-eye. Though I should try to find Trace and see if I can get his fuzzy tail to roll along as well.

@Shirai What didn't you like about it? I haven't been selected to play, but some insight would be awsome. Also, with a referal set-up you could bring your friends along without having to go through the trouble of trying to convince them to play as kitties. Considering your resume, anyone you brought would be gladly accepted I'm sure.

Is it really as graphicly instensive as the offical benchmark suggests? I'm pushing this poor 5770 and Q9300 to the max and can only seem to get 4000-5000 out of it. :(
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

I would be interested, I would of responded quicker but for some odd reason this website only works hit and miss for me as of late. Still waiting to see if I get into some phase of beta, would like to know how much I need to upgrade my machine to handle it.

I am curious as to how you came up with the sub titles. I was rather amused by those. :D
Raika Akaizer
FACE STOMPING CAT

Post by Raika Akaizer »

Tivia wrote: I am curious as to how you came up with the sub titles. I was rather amused by those. :D
Well from personal experience Shirai has put others before himself on more occastions than anyone would ever care to count. That and his extensive knowledge and ability to stay cool left me with the idea of Noble. 8)

Karou is a bouncy cat that originally came from Hades server if I remember correctly, and was proud of it. :twisted:

Tysbil has been around forever..... :)

Sugami's sig should speak for itself. :wink:

Fiye, tends to be brutally honest, which is a quality that can be hard to come by. :shock:

As for you Tivia, well ironically I didn't know what to think so I suppose I need to get to know you better. I didn't want to exclude you in the titles though so if you want me to change my original post I will. :lol:
Tivia wrote: Still waiting to see if I get into some phase of beta, would like to know how much I need to upgrade my machine to handle it. :D
Here is the link to the offical benchmark if you haven't run it yet, it should help you get an idea as to what you're in for. As I understand it, if you can get it 4000+ on low rez mode you should be in the clear to play. I will probably upgrade next year when I'm not doing volunteer work:

http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/media/be ... index.html

P.S. You may need to install DX9 if you're running Vista or W7.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Ah-ha, being the only English gentlekitty I guess it's up to me to bring a bit of class to this place (with my mogocle) :lol:

Didn't realise there was a benchmark test doodars, shall give that a try :D
Raika Akaizer
FACE STOMPING CAT

Post by Raika Akaizer »

Sugami wrote:Ah-ha, being the only English gentlekitty I guess it's up to me to bring a bit of class to this place (with my mogocle) :lol:
Well..... I was born in Huntingdon.... That and my Grandmother is fully British, well untill she met my Grandfather during WWII.

So God save the Queen I say! :D
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Well poopies, the benchmark seemed to run smoothly but gave me a "low performance" rating and the low end of that too, high res gave me "insufficient performance" around 1300 D:

I have an AMD Athlon 64x2 dual core 5600+ with an ATI Radeon HD 3800 series, would have thought I'd have got an average score (think I upgraded last October). I'd hate to think of what kind of computer gets "extremely high performance" :oops:

Looks like I have another reason why I can't really play the game now :(
Raika Akaizer
FACE STOMPING CAT

Post by Raika Akaizer »

Sugami wrote:I have an AMD Athlon 64x2 dual core 5600+ with an ATI Radeon HD 3800 series, would have thought I'd have got an average score (think I upgraded last October). I'd hate to think of what kind of computer gets "extremely high performance" :oops:
Well that processor can be push with a little bit of copper and some artic silver 5. The graphics card however is two generations behind. I reccomend 5770 ($140 USD was the lowest I could find.) for budget or a 5850 for a bit better performance ($290 USD lowest.) Haven't checked Auction sites though.

The computer that managed over 10K was a quad sli boo-koo bux build that only the truely rich and daring (Fire department and electric company may take issue with it.)
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Oh no Tiral, It is fine. I was just amused by it is all.

I knew about the benchmark and ran it, I am just not certain how I feel about the results.

On low and high, it appeared smooth. I saw little to no jutter. In other games that I run, I run max settings without a shred of lag. Yet my computer completely bombed in actual score on this benchmark. I am unsure as to if there is something to the game the bench isn't showing, or if the benchmark is just inaccurate.
Raika Akaizer
FACE STOMPING CAT

Post by Raika Akaizer »

The tech community has those benchmark scores listed in question. Some feel that the benchmark isn't optimized and needs some tweaking. The only way to tell for sure is to run the actual beta program when the opportunity presents itself.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

I'm a bit beefed at the benchmark not supporting SLi/Crossfire.
Raika Akaizer
FACE STOMPING CAT

Post by Raika Akaizer »

Yeah I thought was silly myself. Also some scores aren't matching appropriately to peoples hardware when compared by numbers. If it runs smooth then you should be good to go reguardless of the number.

I do hope Fiye and Karou stop by soon. >.> I sent them PM's yesterday. Figure I'll give em a few more days just to be sure cause we all get busy sometimes.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Tirial wrote:Well that processor can be push with a little bit of copper and some artic silver 5. The graphics card however is two generations behind. I reccomend 5770 ($140 USD was the lowest I could find.) for budget or a 5850 for a bit better performance ($290 USD lowest.) Haven't checked Auction sites though.

The computer that managed over 10K was a quad sli boo-koo bux build that only the truely rich and daring (Fire department and electric company may take issue with it.)
No idea what you're talking about there :?

Turns out my computer is pushing 2 years old, older than I thought. Gigabyte HD 5770 1GB at close to £140 that actually makes it cheaper over here? No way!

Also SLi/Crossfire? :? *googles*
Raika Akaizer
FACE STOMPING CAT

Post by Raika Akaizer »

Oh I was talking about overclocking the processor and keeping it cool with a copper heatsink and the best thermal compound to transfer heat from the processor to the heatsink.

Sli is Nvidia's framework for multiple graphics cards. Crossfire for Ati.

Yes, parts tend to be more expensive in europe I'm afraid. Also keep in mind that my 5770 was only able to get me 4000-5000 with a quad core processor backing it up. However if you have crossfire on your mobo it will leave you the option to throw another one in there down the road. After all, the game won't be going anywhere years after its release. The benchmark doesn't support crossfire at the moment but since FFXIV is DX9 it is safe to bet that you will get a reasonable increase in performance when these cards are cheaper further down the road. Like when I do builds at work or for friends, I'm always thinking down the road and whats effective rather than whats great now. Don't take my advice to the brink though, always do your homework.
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

I checked my Gmail and saw I got a PM.

Been busy with things other than FFXI. Though, I'm definately getting aboard FFXIV come the 22nd. Whether or not the benchmark be damned.

I'm definately rejoining as a kitty in XIV, but we need to organize a server. Because I have friends from another guild joining in. And I'd like for us to all get together.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Tivia wrote: but for some odd reason this website only works hit and miss for me as of late.
Same for me. "Page not found" appears far more often than than the MP forums.

Any idea why anyone?
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

I don't know about overclocking, if I'm going to upgrade I might as well go the full hog and get a new motherboard, CPU and GFX card, probably £500 worth right there :(
Raika Akaizer
FACE STOMPING CAT

Post by Raika Akaizer »

Tsybil wrote:
Tivia wrote: but for some odd reason this website only works hit and miss for me as of late.
Same for me. "Page not found" appears far more often than than the MP forums.

Any idea why anyone?
The broads probably need a serious upgrade. Thankfully Shirai is still around with access to the admin panel.

Still waiting to hear from Koaru. Going to wait till tomorrow and then I suppose we should start forming a list of things that need to get done in preperation for release.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Sorry folks, been experiencing the same problems.
Don't know where to look as I can only access the forum AP.
Kintrra has contacted me on an other forum regarding these problems as well.

Worse case to come, I'm active on several forums and have one of a friend of mine running on one of my domains that we may be able to abuse as a nice place to chatter.

Looking for ways to contact Goldess or Firemyst and ask them what they´re planning to do with MP, I really have no clue.
And to be honest, I have not spoken to them for a few years.

@Tir,
Karou still haunts us, now by the name Kaorii though. ;)
Raika Akaizer
FACE STOMPING CAT

Post by Raika Akaizer »

About the benchmark:

THE SCORES ARE NOT CORRECT.

I put a 480GTX (fermi) into my buddies new build and he got a lower score than my 5770. Though his performance looked worlds better than mine. There is no possible way it is correct at this time.

With that, if it runs smooth enough to your liking, you should be in the clear. :D

EDIT: Currently watching MP and #donotwant IRC for Golddess..... :|
EDIT x2: Found her! :o
EDIT x3: Gave her a heads up. I guess she'll let us know what is on her mind when she gets to it. :)
Keerith
Metal Cat

Post by Keerith »

DLing the latest Beta patch; assuming 14 turns out to be anywhere near as fun as it looks I am 100% in for the new pride. Since we aren't technically Mithra any more in 14 (and possibly\preferably not exclusive) what's the new name?

Also I think otther forums on these servers have had issues and someone with site-level admin access needs to run an update to kill the errors. Been trying to log in to post this reply all week.
-Keerith
See you later, space cowboy!

[FFXIV: Keerith Galeo, Priestess of Ormagöden]

"Can't bend what's made of metal / We're reinforced with steel / We never will surrender / We never kneel." - Made of Metal, by Dream Evil
Raika Akaizer
FACE STOMPING CAT

Post by Raika Akaizer »

Well upgrading the forums will require Goldess, of whom we are awaitng a response.

She did mention the idea "Mithra Pride, Where you don't have to be a mithra to have pride in them, but it helps."
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

It is fun. It isn't XI although there are similarities. But then again it IS a FF. I bet somewhere out there in XIV we find Cid. :lol:

Better customization than I thought. Seekers of the Sun have many odd eyed choices, BTW, Keepers a few.

About the benchmark. When it works it is only a rough guide. When it doesn't its way off. Known for quite some time it seems. Why doesn't seem to be.

Keerith
Metal Cat

Post by Keerith »

RE: the benchmark -

1) The benchmark was released early, and patches that improve the game's graphics and support wouldn't be reflected in the benchmark, fairly typical for stand alone benchmark programs.

2) I scored 1310 with a fairly base system, and so far I'm having no issues. If the benchmark video is tolerable then the game will be too
-Keerith
See you later, space cowboy!

[FFXIV: Keerith Galeo, Priestess of Ormagöden]

"Can't bend what's made of metal / We're reinforced with steel / We never will surrender / We never kneel." - Made of Metal, by Dream Evil
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: MithraPride, FFXIV, New Friends, New Adventures

Post by xaresity »

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо