Rapture?! No, Final Fantasy XIV Online!

A place to talk about... anything!
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Rapture?! No, Final Fantasy XIV Online!

Post by Shirai »

It's on several forums already and just confirmed at E3.

Square-Enix's new MMORPG project gets the official releasename Final Fantasy XIV Online.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpEykudFq84

More news later, or feel free to post some yourself.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

PS3 exclusive is suicide. They'll make it PS3 Onry then shut down FFXI forcing many PC/360 people to go to sony. It's not right. It's a lost money thing.

EDIT: YAY NOT ON 360! PS3/PC Onry! Horray! Seriously, RPG's don't have good track records on 360. 360 is FPS mostly.
Last edited by Karou Ariyen on Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

KarouKaniyashia wrote:PS3 exclusive is suicide. They'll make it PS3 Onry then shut down FFXI forcing many PC/360 people to go to sony. It's not right. It's a lost money thing.
They won't shut down ffxi and it is PS3 Console exclusive, but it is also on PC. so all the exclusive means is it wont be on PS2/360 which is a Good thing imo.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Tivia wrote:
KarouKaniyashia wrote:PS3 exclusive is suicide. They'll make it PS3 Onry then shut down FFXI forcing many PC/360 people to go to sony. It's not right. It's a lost money thing.
They won't shut down ffxi and it is PS3 Console exclusive, but it is also on PC. so all the exclusive means is it wont be on PS2/360 which is a Good thing imo.
Read my edit. We posted at the same time.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

Well, judging by it. I'll expect Tailless Galka, Tarutaru (The icon shows a male and female. Top right in the blue), Elf (With not-so-long ears), and Hume.

BUT THERE BETTER BE SOME MITHRA-LIKE RACE OR IMMA BE MAAAAAAD!!!

Edit: And they better keep the job system.

And make less servers. Honestly, I'd love a one server community.
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

Oh, oh!

And make POL less shitty.

Include a windower in the PC version.

Add in some hack detecting software for the PC.

And... I think that's it for now.
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

One more thing!

Hopefully the dungeons will be something better than "Metal Gear Solid" hide and seek.

I think that's it for my list of wants.

Beyond a reason to not lose $21k.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Fiye wrote:One more thing!

Hopefully the dungeons will be something better than "Metal Gear Solid" hide and seek.

I think that's it for my list of wants.

Beyond a reason to not lose $21k.
* Karou changes jobs! Level75 Stealth Asassin/Level37 CQC Combat Technician. Karou Uses Stealth. Karou uses Knife Stab on Fiye. It's Super Effecti.....* Fiye? FIYE?! FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIYE!!!!

Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Tivia wrote:They won't shut down ffxi and it is PS3 Console exclusive, but it is also on PC. so all the exclusive means is it wont be on PS2/360 which is a Good thing imo.
I don't see anything wrong with putting it on 360 but guess FFXI sales weren't good enough to support putting it on 360, 360 owners can always get it on PC.

I probably should stay away from it regardless, I definately will be if there isn't a cute cat-girl or bunny-girl race :x

As for shutting down FFXI I heard they will be late 2010, I can't watch the video because it's country restricted :x

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edaJP3Lp ... 6A0C59CA3D
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

There seem to be a LOT of Japanese otaku who are still on the PS2.

This, the rumored porting of FFXI to the PS3, and probably several other measures I am unaware of, seem to be a bullet aimed straight at these otaku's wallets.

I am aware that platforms are loss leaders, but the PS2 holdouts aren't buying PS3 games, are they?
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Fiye wrote:Well, judging by it. I'll expect Tailless Galka, Tarutaru (The icon shows a male and female. Top right in the blue), Elf (With not-so-long ears), and Hume.

BUT THERE BETTER BE SOME MITHRA-LIKE RACE OR IMMA BE MAAAAAAD!!!

Edit: And they better keep the job system.

And make less servers. Honestly, I'd love a one server community.
Watch the video closely, the boat fight scene where you see the magic dome, there is a Mithra in the middle that is casting that.

All current Races will be in the game.
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

*Walks away from the room*

*Fangirlish scream*
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Looks like they chopped the tail off the Galka :lol: Wonder if they'll call them "Mithra" or give them a different name.

http://e3.gamespot.com/story/6210518/sq ... g-now-live
[12:01] "We still plan on continuing developing for FFXI," he says.

[12:01] "We have a year planned for FFXI still in the works."

[12:01] He confirms that there are no plans in the near future to stop development.
Well that rumour was squashed quick :P
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Fiye missed my Metal Gear reference *sadness*

Oh and there's this person on Hades, Ascule. She thinks she knows everything. She's so obsessed. She refuses to listen to people I know in japan who talk about the situation about PS2/PS3 because "She's a tech support person, she knows nothing. She's a fangirl." She's dumb. A Moron. She doesn't like to be wrong and throws teh fangirl/fanboy word around like it's nothing. She's gotten on my nerves and won't shut up.

"PS2 is old. No one develops for it anymore!" Really ? More games coming out for PS2. Ironic really. And if no one is developing for it anymore, then why is SE attempting to keep FFXI Alive? Who died and made this dumb yankee (Sorry I live in USA Too Don't mean to offend) The official Representitive of Squeenix!? If you come to hades for FF14, STEER CLEAR Of this idiot.

Oh and you'll love this:
Kaoru Mizuna : PS2 Needs to die. I love it but it's too old. It's far behind the technology curve! It's holding 360/PC Back with FPS Rates."
Ascule : FFXI Is Old. Nothing can improve the game even w/o PS2.

You see what a moron she is? She thinks she knows everything. She thinks that even if I bash 360 RPG Wise, I'm a fan girl.... Bull. I'm a fan of the NES and Genesis. I'm voicing my opinion about current news and I'm being ripped to shreds for my opinion. Sorry to rant but she pushed me too far.
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

There's no point to being a fan <gender> to any console. My hopes for FFXIV have been laid out. As far as we all know, it'll include the same races we've known and love.

What will be different about them, we'll see. So far, the Elf-like race has not-so-big ears, and the galkas have no tail.

Will we see a Male-Mithra and Female-Galka in FFXIV? Who knows. Hell, will we still have to use preset faces?

All I'm sure of, is FFXIV is a fresh start for FFXI, and I can't wait to see the cut scenes in FFXIV. That is, if they don't try to pull an AOC with the graphics.

I like my graphics simple, artistic, and beautiful. Not shiny, detailed, and taxing on the system.
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

I thought the look of Elvaan was pretty good honestly. their major issue is their animations are just terrible. Especially running..ugh. Watching an Elvaan run/fight makes me physically cringe.
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

Tivia wrote:I thought the look of Elvaan was pretty good honestly. their major issue is their animations are just terrible. Especially running..ugh. Watching an Elvaan run/fight makes me physically cringe.
The ears and their lankiness is what got to me. The ears looked a bit... blegh. I like 'em pointed up and pointy. Not stretching out like a pair of wings.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Fiye wrote:There's no point to being a fan <gender> to any console.
Its like falling in love with a car, save for the part where they get orphaned faster than most cars.
Fiye wrote:All I'm sure of, is FFXIV is a fresh start for FFXI,
I didn't want a fresh start for FFXI. I wanted my old FFXI and a whole new game.
Fiye wrote:I like my graphics simple, artistic, and beautiful. Not shiny, detailed, and taxing on the system.
Rumored to be on the XII engine, and what little footage I have seen looks like it.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Tsybil wrote:I didn't want a fresh start for FFXI. I wanted my old FFXI and a whole new game.
Well they've said it's a new game entirely. The only similarities are the races and that it's an MMO... and a job system I guess but the system itself may be completely different.
Rumored to be on the XII engine, and what little footage I have seen looks like it.
They said the little video is quite close to the game engine.
[12:18] "Was yesterday's trailer the same quality that we'll actually see in the game?" is the next question.

[12:20] Komoto says, "Yes, there were parts that were prerendered, but parts were running on the in-game engine."
Something I think funny:
[12:13] Komoto says, "Our plan from the beginning was to make the best Final Fantasy game available with FFXIV. That was our vision."

[12:13] "We thought, 'How can we make the best FF game?' We decided on the MMO genre."
Heh, by "best" they probably meant "most profitable" :P
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Sugami wrote: Heh, by "best" they probably meant "most profitable" :P
Of course, running a subscribtion based MMOG is financially way more attractive for a game company then single player games.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

Shirai wrote:
Sugami wrote: Heh, by "best" they probably meant "most profitable" :P
Of course, running a subscribtion based MMOG is financially way more attractive for a game company then single player games.
Considering the man hours that SE put into FFXIII and its engine.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Fiye wrote:Considering the man hours that SE put into FFXIII and its engine.
:lol:
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Rapture?! No, Final Fantasy XIV Online!

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Rapture?! No, Final Fantasy XIV Online!

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru