Decisions, decisions....

A place to talk about... anything!
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Decisions, decisions....

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Having gotten 5/6 on my RDM AFv2, its time to think about other Rare/Ex stuff. Not quitting Dynamis, still need the belt and 4 -1 pieces, just time to branch out.

Choices:

Sky for Crimson Finger Gauntlets, or rather the Abjuration for them.

Morrigan's Robe, that's climbing towers in the Undersea ruins isn't it? And horridly expensive as well?

If anyone does Ground Kings still I suppose a Dalmatica would do.

And there is always Limbus / Sea for the stuff to upgrade my AF to AF +1.

So what should I go for / do? And what is there for a RDM from activities I am not familiar with like the past, ZNMs, and MMM?
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Tianshii
Mad Cat

Post by Tianshii »

I would suggest LIMBUS!
It's a lot of fun and doesn't take up a lot of time like obtaining Sky gear might.
The only downside is the 15K price tag, but if you only go once a week you should be able to make that gil back during the week.
You could also sell the coins presuming you get a cut of them. Most Limbus groups will split them.
If you save up 75 coins, there are some nice earrings and such to choose from also.
Assassen Summoner
[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o233/PuszNboots/sigs/Tianshii_this.jpg[/img]
SMN75~SAM75~whm75~thf42~DNC38~drg33
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Only one thing I really need from Sky though, and yes other the rewards from Limbus seem tasty.

15K is not at all a problem. I can just fire my gardens up again if I need to.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

AF+1 upgrades from Limbus and/or the whands abj from seiryu are probably the easiest for you to get. ABCs are easy to get and the drops for Ruby Thread and Crimson Cloth aren't incredibly horrible. I had my hat and body upgraded within a couple of months- and the wait was mostly because temenos runs were rare for a awhile with my shell.

There's also the super yummy Loq. Earring to be had with ABCs if you don't have one already :D

Morri's Robe is from Salvage, not Nyzul- that'd be Goliard :D- Morri's is expensive (stupid imperial wootz ingots) and with the latest scadal- I'd wait to see how SE changes the salvage drops rates before starting that up again, but that's just my opinion on it.

Doing Nyzul for Death Blossom/Goliard is a good idea if you're looking to branch out a bit from the dyna/kings endgame circle and can easily be climbed with a good static.

A good alternative for king abjs is Eijnhar- I know several people who snagged Dalmy from that.

I don't know if you've gotten D. Chapeau yet (if so- grats! and I'm so envious! :mrgreen:) but if you haven't than Ixion Cloak is a really good normal duty pc- fantastic MND/INT bonus, MAcc +5, and Refresh/Regen effect. Its fairly pricey if your shell doesn't hunt Dark Ixion, but I love mine. I wear it for just about everything that I don't need skill+ gear for or want the extra Fast Cast.
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Thanks for the info Scarlett, and I do have the Mk2 Pimp hat :D Just got it last month after being the RDM point leader of my Dynamis LS for almost two years. First one that dropped for us in ... maybe almost three years. I don't keep track of things like that.

So the next Refresh piece will be a body piece. Morrigan's = hella pricey but seems better for a casting piece than the Dalmatica, which I was told can take years to obtain. I was told that long ago before several of the current end game activities were available. Or their rewards.

I have hardly done any end game activities save Dynamis and a bit of Assault, but love the landscape of Sea (or is that seascape?).

ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Yea, Lumoria is gorgeous. Limbus is one of my favorite endgame activities, the runs are fun, quick and different enough that I seldom played hp-whack-a-mole.

I know- so hard to keep up with gear/where it comes from. Its good that we have so many options, but trying to decide what to go for is just about impossible!
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Limbus is good fun for a while, like a more fun version of Dynamis.

Salvage body piece last I heard cost 10mil including imperial gold coin prices.

Big no for land gods or "kings" unless you like standing around for ages waiting for them to pop and possibly/probably get out-claimed.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Re: Decisions, decisions....

Post by Shirai »

Tsybil wrote:Choices:

Sky for Crimson Finger Gauntlets, or rather the Abjuration for them.
Not so hard, it's a frequent drop and most experienced sky shells I hear free lot them or sell them for not too much.
You'll have to ask your local sky linkshells though.
Morrigan's Robe, that's climbing towers in the Undersea ruins isn't it? And horridly expensive as well?

If anyone does Ground Kings still I suppose a Dalmatica would do.
Tough choice as both ask for some kind of sacrifice.

Morrigans:
Time and money!! Prepare to invest lots of time in Salvage.
Although it's a 100 minutes event you'll need a team that knows what to do, how to tackle the NMs and bosses and lastly getting the needed part(s) to drop.
Aside from that, the money part; Bodies are indeed expensive.
Take in account you will need about 10 million gil, a lot of luck with ISNMs, a long time of playing taxi or have a sugar daddy for a bodypiece.

Dalmatica:
2 options here.
1. A linkshell that often hunts the 3 kings and actually claims and kills them.
2. Einherjar.
A-Body is a very wanted piece of equipment so if you even have one of those you'll most likely start back in line of a lot of lotters.
Nid and Aspid do not drop A-bodies that frequently so the best shot is a linkshell that is experienced with Einherjar and killing Odin.
Even that is not a guaranteed drop, and Einherjar is not exactly easy either but is a planable event and like Salvage you won't have competition from other linkshells.
Also an experienced Einherjar linkshell can do Odins every 2 weeks which has a chance dropping 3 body abjurations, which is a better chance then claiming and killing Nidhogg or Aspidochelone on most servers.

Either piece will require a lot of patience and/or a lot of money.
And there is always Limbus / Sea for the stuff to upgrade my AF to AF +1.
Aside from that, don't underestimate the Nashira attire for Red mages.
So what should I go for / do? And what is there for a RDM from activities I am not familiar with like the past, ZNMs, and MMM?
Past and ZNMs do not have a lot to offer for red mages really.
I have not gone deep into finding out much about MMM yet either.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Eh, meh- Nashira legs are really only good piece for RDM. Body is useful for Drain/Aspir, but the rest isn't that useful. Homam now- that armor just screams useful but Nooooooo SE couldn't be bothered to give that to Red Mages :x

Sorry, bit bitter about it- does it show? :lol:

Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

ScarlettPheonix wrote:Sorry, bit bitter about it- does it show? :lol:
Well, there is the fact that Nashira gear looks super sexy on Mithras.
And you can be like Naja's sidekick of evil while wearing it.
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

True, true, there is that :D

Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

ScarlettPheonix wrote:Eh, meh- Nashira legs are really only good piece for RDM. Body is useful for Drain/Aspir, but the rest isn't that useful.
If it is useful for Drain - Aspir, it is useful for Chainstun.

Salvage seems to require an Assault static. Not that I would mind having an Assault static, but I don't now.

Looking into other end game LSs on the Alla Garuda boards.

ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Tsybil wrote:
ScarlettPheonix wrote:Eh, meh- Nashira legs are really only good piece for RDM. Body is useful for Drain/Aspir, but the rest isn't that useful.
If it is useful for Drain - Aspir, it is useful for Chainstun.

Salvage seems to require an Assault static. Not that I would mind having an Assault static, but I don't now.

Looking into other end game LSs on the Alla Garuda boards.
Considering the time commitment needed to fight Ultima on a regular basis and get the drop- Dark Skill +5 and the M.Acc +5 from Nashira Manateel weren't really high on my Dark Skill build priority list.

Stun is already really accurate with our 200 Skill, which is all we really need stun to do- land. The duration of stun isn't that important when talking about Stun locking a mob- which is where added skill comes in- increasing the length of time something's stunned.

If we're blowing our 2hr to lock a mob up with stun so its not doing anything, longer length stuns only serve to slow down the pace of casting- which is kinda not the point if we're chainspelling.

With D. Torque, earring and glamor jupon I have a Dark skill of 213, if I ever get w hands than that'd bring it to 223- at that point +2 more dark skill and +5 Macc aren't adding much to Stun's success. Drain and Aspir are different stories- the added Macc will help with consistent returns there.

Just my opnion, but I think Nashira body is at best situational and really only for someone intent on min/maxing RDM. Its in no way needed or even a very good upgrade over already existing gear.

If its something you want- go for it, but in my opinion Manateal just isn't worth the -1 inventory for its limited usefulness.

Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

ScarlettPheonix wrote:Homam now- that armor just screams useful but Nooooooo SE couldn't be bothered to give that to Red Mages :x
Of course not, Homam isn't mage gear it's combat gear :P I'm still kinda pissed DNC can't use it, if THF can then why not DNC?
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Well there is another reason why Nashira Manteel is/used to be sexy.
3% Haste on a body piece.
Most melee jobs can only dream of a body piece with Haste on it.

Granted Goliard has 4% but;
1. is butt ugly
2. wasn't around yet when Nashira was.

Now for playing stuncannon it might not be that useful, but when you are playing free stun it is nice.
Aside from that macro'd with Haste, Dispel and other spells you might frequently need to use from main or even subjob.

On WHM alone I have 22% Haste in my Haste (Spell), Erase and Regen (Until I get Relic body) macros.
And of course on my utsusemi macros when I /nin. :)

Goliard however is easier to obtain.
At least on my server I see floor 80 shouts on a nearly daily basis.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Wyrm Mail +1 has Haste+2% on it methinks :P 'cept it's not worth giving up stuff like Homam Corazza, Askar Korazin, etc. for it :P
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

No it's not. <3 Askar Korazin. If this armor was real I'd sleep in it every day!
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
xaresity
Queen Cat

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru