Good Wireless Network Systems

Anything that doesn't specificly goes into one console goes here.
Multi-platform games, regular programs, operating systems, anything.
Saradiart
Kitten

Good Wireless Network Systems

Post by Saradiart »

I've never had any latency issues before on my WRT54G and WMP54G on my previous systems. I understand that my Wireless-N adapter doesn't have good latency, however, I plugged the WMP54G into my system and that too recieves terrible latency. Anyway, could anybody reccomend me a good stable wireless network solution without these issues?

I still own a WRT54G, perhaps it needs to be upgraded?
Thanks,
San
Last edited by Saradiart on Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
// Final Fantasy XI / Midgardsormr Server / Saradiart / Bastok
RDM65, DRK38, WHM37, WAR24, NIN18, SAM19
[img]http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p92/vanatul/ShantottoSig.jpg[/img]
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

San, I have discovered there are no good wireless solutions.

Wireless will always be slower than being hard wired to the router. I have no idea why this must be so, there is only one extra layer of code, it isn't complex, and the speed of light in air or copper makes no difference over the distance in an office building let alone a house.

There are better and worser solutions and I have been informed that N band was a better one, sorry to hear it isn't.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Saradiart
Kitten

Post by Saradiart »

I made a typo. My Wireless-N Adapter. Terrible quality products *tear*
I made a CAT6 cable! I wonder if I can make another without it being in the way
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

I would like to start off by saying I am rather hardcore anti Dlink. I have hated their consumer routers and such for years. I am a Netgear/linksys fan.

However when i went looking for a wireless N solution the netgear was getting horrible reviews, of the RMA type and the linksys wasn't much better and just bloody expensive.

So on a whim I tried Dlink's gamerslounge DGL4500. I have to admit so far It has impressed me. The security settings are as indepth or more so then my previous netgear rangemax and it's wireless speeds are pretty darn good. I have thus far experienced little to no wireless latency issues out of it for gaming or streaming. Mind you the primary purpose of it for me was for a Gigabit lan and a 300mbs wireless to stream media to my PS3. So far it works quite well.
Saradiart
Kitten

Post by Saradiart »

Tivia wrote:I would like to start off by saying I am rather hardcore anti Dlink. I have hated their consumer routers and such for years. I am a Netgear/linksys fan.

However when i went looking for a wireless N solution the netgear was getting horrible reviews, of the RMA type and the linksys wasn't much better and just bloody expensive.

So on a whim I tried Dlink's gamerslounge DGL4500. I have to admit so far It has impressed me. The security settings are as indepth or more so then my previous netgear rangemax and it's wireless speeds are pretty darn good. I have thus far experienced little to no wireless latency issues out of it for gaming or streaming. Mind you the primary purpose of it for me was for a Gigabit lan and a 300mbs wireless to stream media to my PS3. So far it works quite well.
What do you use to recieve the connection with?
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Wireless connection is built into my PS3, I believe it is a G standard. Again I don't know how applicable this is to you. I was simply pointing out that I do steam a good bit of content mostly hd across an N network without issue. As for actual N receivers I couldn't say if any are decent. I just found that for me I have yet to overload a PS3's wireless or bottle neck on the Dlink N router.
Saradiart
Kitten

Post by Saradiart »

Oh. I'm now assuming you play FFXI on the PS3. I see, alright. I thought it was just for your computer.
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Regretfully ffxi on the PS3 is a wash. Given SE never updated it to handle blutooth keyboards, so you can't type in game..which is utterly stupid.

However any other online game suffers no latency issues.
Saradiart
Kitten

Post by Saradiart »

Tivia wrote:Regretfully ffxi on the PS3 is a wash. Given SE never updated it to handle blutooth keyboards, so you can't type in game..which is utterly stupid.

However any other online game suffers no latency issues.
Ah, never saw this post. Late responseee
Can't you use a regular non bluetooth wireless keyboard? Or is all wireless technology with keyboards done through bluetooth?
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Saradiart wrote:
Tivia wrote:Or is all wireless technology with keyboards done through bluetooth?
Most wireless keyboards still use a USB interface on their send/receive unit. Those are not Bluetooth.

I have no idea what this means on a PS3 though.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Good Wireless Network Systems

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Good Wireless Network Systems

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru