San's Rant regarding Odin, Population and World Transfers.

A place to talk about... anything!
Saradiart
Kitten

San's Rant regarding Odin, Population and World Transfers.

Post by Saradiart »

Alright, so the biggest thing on the top of my mind is the whole thought of changing servers. Recent events has led me to do a little research about Odin's overpopulation and considering different servers.

Anyways, Odin is overpopulated and because that it is, Square Enix has closed off newcomers from being able to join Odin and I believe people from being able to World Transfer into Odin; Where the only people that can access Odin is the members that already exist. Square Enix mentioned that they would consider splitting Odin into different servers or they would move players onto different servers. This is of course, if Odin is still overpopulated even after the World Emigration services.

If Odin splits into different servers, will players be given a choice which server they would like to go to or will they be forced onto different servers? A majority of the server could choose to go onto one server, where the others will lack. Even then, will they give players an option to join all the over like Alexander? It seems that in every case of overpopulation resolves other than the resolves that have been thrown out already, alot of communities will be disbanded like linkshells or friendships. The worst resolve to this would be that we aren't given a choice where we would like to go.

Another concern with servers, is being able to get into experience parties. Well, it's my concern anyways. Odin doesn't get anymore new faces, thus, it seems like lower-level zones will die then a domino effect will occur affecting Qufim isle, Kazham and so fourth. This is if players show no interest in leveling lower level characters. I believe activity will still be in place, but not as much activity. If people switch servers, then there's chance that server is way underpopulated not resolving the experience party issue. But that might be unavoidable in any server.

If I wait too long to make a decision before World Emigration, I would have to pay either $20 or bend over and take it from Square and see where I end up. I doubt everybody will stay in one place, it's already tearing things.

I'm probably just being a paranoid kitty, but this is the way I feel. :\
I could be very wrong, or perhaps my theory could be correct?

I pray that I can find a way to band all of my friends together and mass move into one server like Alexander or Midgardsormr. Otherwise, if all hope is lost and the worst comes I hope I can make new friends and keep older friends.

EDIT:
There has been events of overpopulation in the past, but I wasn't around to see them. You guys seem to be long time players, how did Square Enix handle them?
// Final Fantasy XI / Midgardsormr Server / Saradiart / Bastok
RDM65, DRK38, WHM37, WAR24, NIN18, SAM19
[img]http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p92/vanatul/ShantottoSig.jpg[/img]
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

In the past, SE offered free worl d transfers from highly populated servers to less so ones.

My server, Remora, has been host to at least 2 of those emigration transfers in its history that I remember- the first one when Remora went live and one nearly 3 years ago when Asura, Midgard and one or two others were really full.

If SE insists that more players need to move off Odin, I'd think it'd be a free transfer with a selection of low populated servers like it has been in the past in those situations.

While your concern about parties is a valid one, its one all servers are struggling with. FFXI is heading into its 7th year and our population is top heavy which seems to be pretty common with most long lasting MMOs.

For baby job leveling I'd suggest duoing or trioing with friends if you can't get a full party- and don't forget that with the changes to Signet, EP+ DC exp and the Emp Band soloing is much easier at those levels even for jobs that weren''t considered good jobs to solo on very easily in the past.

Also, think about getting an NPC companion when you can (if you haven't already)- from experience soloing NIN and DRK most of the way to 37- they help a lot.
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

They have been offering free world migrations off odin for a while now. I know I lost a ton of friends too them recently.

Honestly I don't find overpopulation that large of a problem. Groups are easier to find, the common items are well saturated and well priced making it easier to start up, and there are tons of Link shells forming and recruiting.
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: San's Rant regarding Odin, Population and World Transfers.

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: San's Rant regarding Odin, Population and World Transfers.

Post by xaresity »

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо