ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

New Adventure Log!

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

And its so sweet /aaaawww

:)

[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

I don't understand this level sync
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Aww, but I sitll think people are overestimating it :lol:

Silly Ka-chan, need to read the update notes :P Basically it allows you to level cap the entire party to that of someone's current level and also scales down equipment instead of forcibly removing it, if it is higher than the cap.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Sugami wrote:Aww, but I sitll think people are overestimating it :lol:

Silly Ka-chan, need to read the update notes :P Basically it allows you to level cap the entire party to that of someone's current level and also scales down equipment instead of forcibly removing it, if it is higher than the cap.
So if my cousin was leveling her Puppetmaster (God forbid she does w/o my direction and guidance, and yes she's on shiva, but lets assume she's on hades.) She's at level 40. I'm level 69. I can be capped to her level, and still keep my PUP AF with scaled down stats?

Am I understanding that right? and FYI I read the update notes, SE Confused me because they couldn't explain it simply like you did --;
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

KarouKaniyashia wrote:So if my cousin was leveling her Puppetmaster (God forbid she does w/o my direction and guidance, and yes she's on shiva, but lets assume she's on hades.) She's at level 40. I'm level 69. I can be capped to her level, and still keep my PUP AF with scaled down stats?

Am I understanding that right? and FYI I read the update notes, SE Confused me because they couldn't explain it simply like you did --;
Basically yes!
However we still need to see how much the armor will be scaled down.

As Sugami sais, we might be highly overestimating.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

/nod

As far as I understand it, stats like Def, HP, MP, STR, AGI, ACC, MACC and MATT will be scaled down to be comparable to gear at that level but other stats (hMP, Store TP, Refresh effect -I'm assuming here- and skill+) will not be scaled down- those stats will be unavailable until/unless your group syncs to a level where you can use it.

From what I remember of the notes, SE's trying to solve the issue of not having gear if you're syncing your level to match that of another party members- but still have the actual gear for that level be just as good if not better than your high level sync'd gear.

In a way it makes sense- I mean take RDM AF body- if it wasn't scaled down the Enfeeb skill +15 alone would be pretty broken at dunes/qufim/kazzie levels.

Going to be interesting to see how it all works out.
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

You all come to hades and help me level to 75 PUP :O
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

I still think the general mentality of the average player will be "meripo onry" :P Yeah they'll still get merit points for it but not nearly as much as a merit party.

It'll be handy for replacements though, if you have a friend or LS buddy who's not doing anything they can fill in a gap in your party.

Also if you end up getting a rather large level gap in your party, say 40-44 you can cap it at 40 or 41 to maximize your exp potential :)
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Sugami wrote:Also if you end up getting a rather large level gap in your party, say 40-44 you can cap it at 40 or 41 to maximize your exp potential :)
I predict this will be the most common use.

On other forums people have gone on about the joys (??) of meriting in the dunes. :roll: Sorry, many will sync way down to help a friend or LS mate, but the chance of getting a 20k/hour party anywhere, at any level other than 72 - 75 are flat nil.

On gear scaling down, I will say two things. Don't sell the Battle Gloves or Pub Subs. At what level will a Hauby not rule?
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Tsybil wrote:At what level will a Hauby not rule?
At 75 when you have Ares's Curiass, Askar Korazin or Aurum (urine-coloured) Curiass :P
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

ZOMG I LOVE LEVEL SYNC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:mrgreen: :D :) :love: :2thumb: :2thumb: :2thumb:
Ambrey
Teh Sexeh

Post by Ambrey »

KarouKaniyashia wrote:ZOMG I LOVE LEVEL SYNC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:mrgreen: :D :) :love: :2thumb: :2thumb: :2thumb:
I agree, did several sync parties last night with guild mates and got 2 lvls on my Drk. Had a blast. And even the players that were already high lvl were enjoying themselves. Finally, SE made a patch that is full of win.

Props to SE. :D
Rishutlaw
Tomcat

Post by Rishutlaw »

I've been too busy with school to try out the level sync feature. Based on the reactions to it here, I'll make some time over the weekend to give it a try.
Kiraku: [lvl 44 SAM] [Lvl 33 MNK] [lvl 25 WAR] [lvl 15 BST] [lvl 10 BLM] [lvl 10 WHM] [lvl 21 THF]

[img]http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p192/okanestar789/Kir071223003827a.jpg[/img]
http://gamerhaven.forumotion.com/index.htm
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Its a good feature- I did a hell jungles #2 party with it update night on my smn.

Only real complaint I have about that party was that we had a really good set up for SCs + MB but the leader didn't want to bother with it and we just TP Burn styled it- and lost chain after #3 because we weren't killing fast enough.

I know its common nowadays to ignore SCs+ MB but against the IT++ stuff that people still fight at lower levels I'd personally like to see more SCs in Sync parties at least if there's a good set up.

Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

I have always preferred to stick in Hell Jungle #1 moving to Gobbie RNGs near the outpost at 27, then Shagun in Hidden Valley at 29 or 30.

I have also always liked SCing and MBing. Pity they have gone out of style.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Tsybil wrote:I have always preferred to stick in Hell Jungle #1 moving to Gobbie RNGs near the outpost at 27, then Shagun in Hidden Valley at 29 or 30.

I have also always liked SCing and MBing. Pity they have gone out of style.
That's why I don't get parties anymore, my search tag always says "TP Burn's are crap." heh
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

They might be crap at lower levels, but for Merits they do work.

/sigh

There is really nothing like a nice boring 20K+/hour merit party. And that nice boring 20K+/hour merit party is nothing like fun.

Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Tsybil wrote:They might be crap at lower levels, but for Merits they do work.

/sigh

There is really nothing like a nice boring 20K+/hour merit party. And that nice boring 20K+/hour merit party is nothing like fun.
If I want long and boring, that's what Metroid Prime 3 Corruption's for :P seriously I pwn that game hardcore.
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: New Adventure Log!

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: New Adventure Log!

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting