Paldin Powerrr

A place to talk about... anything!
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Paldin Powerrr

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Hey all. Any of you kitties have Pld lvled? Im currently going on lvl 54 (Doing the Coffer key quest for hands. Oh what fun) and I was curious if I could get any tips as well as I would like to give you all some tips also.

Firstly if your going to lvl Pld the main stat your going to go after is VIT. Secondly will be Defense. This is true until you hit lvl 50 and the mobs get that pwnzor atk modifier. Suddenly thier attacks actually hurt you pretty bad. This is the time to drop VIT and work on getting more Defense gear until you hit lvl 55. Then you can go back to collecting VIT gear again. My question for you kitties is, after lvl 60 which gear do you start looking for? Is it a even balance of both as im guessing, or is it more VIT / DEF. Im not sure which because from the guides I have seen, ive been getting mixed anwsers. Then again this could mean that it varies upon what type of mobs I plan to fight....
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Ryuune
Kitten

Post by Ryuune »

You could take the easy way and just ride AF to 75. :P

Grab a parade gorget if ya don't have one.

Jelly ring/BQR and Hercules' ring.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Riding AF to endgame is not just the easy way, there isn't much better out there. PLD AF just rocks.

The big thing to look for after 60 is - physical damage. Pieces with Refresh for resting become big as well. Jelly Ring and a Vermy are almost standard.

If you are going to play PLD in endgame, learn to kite if you haven't already.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Ryuune
Kitten

Post by Ryuune »

Eh you can do without a Vermy. That really isn't needed. But yea one of the few AF sets they got right was PLD.

Just don't turn out like many that ditch their AF boots for Adaman Sabotans.

There is really no reason to not wear the AF boots unless you are kiting or wearing something other then sword/shield.
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Thanks for the tips kitties. *Tosses a bag of Catnip*
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Paldin Powerrr

Post by xaresity »