To those with a bit of time...

A place to talk about... anything!
Fiye
Captain Fiye

To those with a bit of time...

Post by Fiye »

Now that my MNK is getting ever-so-close to End-game, I was wondering what the hell I should be wearing it.

I've been staring at my Job abilities and such, and I've found a few things I'll need.

+Haste% Equipment (Utsusemi)
-Brown/Black Belt
-Fuma's (Level34ish footwear)
-Walahra Turban

That nets me a total of +16/18 Haste

If there's any way to add onto that, do tell me. The close to +25 the better =D

Also, does anyone know what I should wear to get the most MND and VIT in my at 75?
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Its not what you wear, its what you swap in, as I am sure you know.

Can't really help off the top of my head as my melee kitty is MNK 51. I haven't even looked at high end gear let alone MNK AFv2. But not all the stuff you want for those stats is necessarily high end. Someone pointed out that the lowly L 27 Devotee's Mitts +1 have more MND than any L 70ish piece. MNKs can wear them BTW. :D
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

There's better Fuma at 72 methinks, Fuma Suna-Ate. I thought there was one for Hands but turns out there isn't :lol:

I think your ideal Haste setup would be:

Walahra Turban (5%)
Dusk Gloves (3%)
Byakko's Haidate (5%)
Fuma Suna-Ate (3%)
Brown/Black Belt (8%/12%)

There's also Wyvern Earring (5%) if you go /DRG and Salvage Husukane set gives you 13% in total.
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

Thanks Sug. Though, I can't wear dusk gloves as MNK, so that knocks that down, but the others I can wear.

Walahra Turban (5%)
Byakko's Haidate (5%)
Fuma Suna-Ate (3%)
Brown/Black Belt (8%/12%)

3+5+5= 13

And with the belt that comes to 21 or 25, so that works out just fine for me. I'll spend some time seeing if I can find +MND and +VIT builds.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

25% being the Haste cap for gear :)

Wow MNK can't wear Dusk, just about everyone and their mum can :lol: It's good there's "something" MNK can't wear I guess :oops:
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Keep in mind that if you wish to go for the Black Belt that you will either need to be in a linkshell that regularly hunts down and claims the 3 HNM kings and/or regularly does and can win Kindred's seal 99 fights with members willing to pass the item to you if it drops.

And when I say claim the HNM Kings, I do mean claim and kill the Kings.
The NQ Behemoth, Fafnir and Adamantoise have a small chance of dropping one of the three items needed for the Black belt but at an extremely low rate.
The HNM Kings (Nidhogg, Aspidochelone and King Behemoth) drop them 100% but these on most servers are extremely highly contested and on some of them highly botted.

The KS99's with the respecive mobs also have a ~1 out of 5 chance to drop said items but even though they're easier to beat these are not easy battles either.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

Shirai wrote:The KS99's with the respecive mobs also have a ~1 out of 5 chance to drop said items but even though they're easier to beat these are not easy battles either.
I know, our LS is abotu 0/11 on it I heard, and we've only done the King Behe version =x

Its something I don't expect to get for awhile xD
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Yeah it's really random.

We've had runs where we were 0 out of 12 orbs and another where we had 3 or 4 drops in a row.
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

To me... I've figured I got two options for the Black Belt.

1. KS99
2. Join another HNMLS that does land NMs regularly.
3. Buy the items from HNMLSes that does land NMs regularly.

I figure I'm going to go with a combination of option 1 and 3. Do KSNMs, pray they drop, and over time, just get it.

Hm... I think I've found a good +MND set. Now to work on +VIT...
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Option 2 is most likely to get you the belt the fastest, however I can tell you from personal experience it's a hard life and not everyone is suited for it.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

:shock:

I don't think anyone excepts you to have a Black Belt, it's just one of those items that is really nice to get if you're lucky enough :)

Working your way up the belts is fine, Brown Belt will do you nicely :)
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Sugami wrote::shock:

I don't think anyone excepts you to have a Black Belt, it's just one of those items that is really nice to get if you're lucky enough :)

Working your way up the belts is fine, Brown Belt will do you nicely :)
Mostly it is, aside from that most decent monk gear drops in sky as well.
So that's pretty easy to get.
Finwich
Housecat

Post by Finwich »

#3 is going to be incredibly expensive for you. We had an ofer for 4m on a Behe tongue the last time we camped KB.

You can easily get a small LS group together and camp Adamantoise and Behemoth on your own. They can be killed with 2-6 people with good gear and good sense. You just need a balanced party. (Ironically, the Ada KS99 is one of the hardest, where as the HNM is really easy.) Behe can be killed with only a RDM and a tank, thf or mnk if they're good. I've seen items drop from both NQs, (and Fafnir too!) you just have to be patient. Try to find out when a king has popped. Many LS won't even camp the NQs, especially Adamantoise. Depends on your sever though.

HNM is definately not for people without a lot of playtime and a lot of patience. My server was just invaded by a HUGE botting ls that has basically taken over the scene with its bots. :( We still get some claims every now and again, but we are focusing a bit more on other events.

Just some shots from NQ drops for ya form my LS.

RDM/SMN/WAR/DRG/DNC/BLM/COR/DRK85
Bravura 6/14/10 WARcat +7
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

I'll put options #3 this way.

If I've done too many KSNM99s and have gotten so much gil from them that it turns out to be my only option.

Really, the Black Belt is a damn nice item I'd like, and it'd top out my haste cap, which I would really <3.

Brown Belt is good, but sometimes, I like to go for the extra credit, ya know?

@Finwich: Ew, I hope that Squeenix anti-botting group can manage to get rid of them soon. Empire [some gil-buying HNMLS] just broke up on Leviathan for god knows what reason.

Co-owned linkshells are just doomed for failure.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Well if you want the Black Belt you better start questing the other belts :lol:
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Sugami wrote:Well if you want the Black Belt you better start questing the other belts :lol:
True. To get the Brown Belt quest you must have finished the Purple Belt quest. Ditto for the Black Belt quest and the Brown Belt.

As you can buy or trade the Brown belt many have it who have not quested it. My melee kitty is one such.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

ALready done :D

It took me 3 hours to get all Brown Belt items after waiting for 3 days for the first one xD
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: To those with a bit of time...

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: To those with a bit of time...

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting