Botters And Cheaters _NEVER_ win.

A place to talk about... anything!
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Botters And Cheaters _NEVER_ win.

Post by Karou Ariyen »

So I rented MLB 2k8 for my 360, fun offline mode for me, heck, Cubs won the 2008/9 World Series. Then I decided to play online. I lost to some punk kid running illegal software and taunting me about how there's no way he'll get caught. Ya well, we'll see once the xbox live techs and w/e their gm staff is see the report. Kid was hitting balls not even in the batters range. If I hit a home run, magically the player appeared in mid air and caught it.

This is a brand new game and theirs cheating software already for it?!

Oh well, I'll stick to offline mode, it's more fun to watch the cubs actually win a world series for once ^^
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Sucks to see that happen, but wherever there's games, either online or offline there will always be kiddo's unable to beat the game without using any cheats, bots, hacks or a big brother/sister to beat the hard parts for them...
Even on "easy (sissy) mode" (Yes it still exists...)
It's a sad fact...

Also one of the reasons I quit playing online games aside from MMO's.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

For me, there's usually two rules when going on online games.

1. Servers must have an active moderator (That doesn't abuse his/her privaledges)

2. The game has to be fun.

What happened to you was a sad case. I would have reported him and left the game and not even bothered. Hell, I would have called Microsoft Tech support [They love it when you get the wrong number], get a supervisor/manager on (You have to bitch a lot for this), and give the kid's gamertag to them so he can be banned.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Fiye wrote:For me, there's usually two rules when going on online games.

1. Servers must have an active moderator (That doesn't abuse his/her privaledges)

2. The game has to be fun.

What happened to you was a sad case. I would have reported him and left the game and not even bothered. Hell, I would have called Microsoft Tech support [They love it when you get the wrong number], get a supervisor/manager on (You have to bitch a lot for this), and give the kid's gamertag to them so he can be banned.
Dismayed about the cheating programs on MLB2K8 online ya, but what was fun was putting my husband on his dream pro baseball job, star Catcher for the Tennessee Smokies~ (Chicago Cubs AA Farm System). and heck, where else but on an offline game can the Cubbies sweep the White Sox in a world series :D :D

Also a side note, Everyone's Favorite Loveable Losers will (and I say will because as a Cubs Fan you're a biiiiiiig dreamer and expect a losing season!) be celebrating at the end of the season 100 straight seasons w/o a championship. Here's hoping that doesn't happen ;;
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

/comfort

Since I'm a lifelong BoSox fan I feel your pain.

What's always been surprising to me is how the BoSox became infamous for their lack of wins but the Cubs have a longer track record of bad seasons but aren't as well known for it as the BoSox were- prior to the 2004 World Series anyway.
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Baseball, huh? Is that the world series? I understand America win it every year, they must be very good :P
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

The world of baseball begins and ends in America- didn't you know that? :lol:

And yes, I know the first games are being played in Tokyo this year. :P
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Of course I did, it was a joke commenting on the stupid name :P

Baseball is Japan's national sport :P
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Well you Brits call Soccer "Football" and drive on the wrong side of the road so you don't have much room to talk.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Heh, funny.

In holland we also call soccer voetbal.

What baffles us though is that the sport you call football actually isn't played with feet but hands for 95% of the game.
The only time a foot actually hits that ball is during a fieldgoal or kick-off.
And then it's usually only one player that actually kicks the ball.
The number 14.

Don't get me wrong, I personally like Amerian football a lot.
It's a fun game to watch and I've worked for the Amsterdam Admirals for 5 years in which I learned a lot about the game and it's rules and tactics.

But... why you guys call it football doesn't stop baffling us europeans.
Last edited by Shirai on Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

Don't worry, it baffles me to, and I still don't understand it.

(And I'm an American =D)

Honestly, we just learn to live with it, continue calling Soccer Soccer, and keep on pissing the world off by playing football with our hands :lol:.

Among other things *Ahem*

Anyways, BoSox got famous because of how close they got, and eventually succeeded. Look at the Anaheim Angels, our place went berserk when we got into the world series. And that game seven win again our neighbors up north.

Lets just say I was a happy boy in '02. Sitting in that seat as I watched that final pop fly fall into the outfield.

I got some beer splashed on me as well.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Fiye wrote:Don't worry, it baffles me to, and I still don't understand it.

(And I'm an American =D)

Honestly, we just learn to live with it, continue calling Soccer Soccer, and keep on pissing the world off by playing football with our hands :lol:.

Among other things *Ahem*

Anyways, BoSox got famous because of how close they got, and eventually succeeded. Look at the Anaheim Angels, our place went berserk when we got into the world series. And that game seven win again our neighbors up north.

Lets just say I was a happy boy in '02. Sitting in that seat as I watched that final pop fly fall into the outfield.

I got some beer splashed on me as well.
Ya well you didn't get cursed by a darn goat!! >.>;
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Keavy wrote:Well you Brits call Soccer "Football" and drive on the wrong side of the road so you don't have much room to talk.
Poor deluded Keavy. You yanks called Football, "Soccer". The rest of the world calls it "Football" or the closest translation to it.

And we drive on the right side of the road, who do you think was driving first? Who had roads first? We had roads before America was even discovered! Just American logic thinking "left" can't be "right", oh noes too confusing!
Can't relate a picture of a green person walking to "walk" and a red person not walking to "don't walk", too confusing! Some states have got a bit smarter but use a red hand to instead of a red person not walking, apparently symbols of a person for walk and a person for don't walk is still too confusing :P
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Sugami wrote:
Keavy wrote:Well you Brits call Soccer "Football" and drive on the wrong side of the road so you don't have much room to talk.
Poor deluded Keavy. You yanks called Football, "Soccer". The rest of the world calls it "Football" or the closest translation to it.

And we drive on the right side of the road, who do you think was driving first? Who had roads first? We had roads before America was even discovered! Just American logic thinking "left" can't be "right", oh noes too confusing!
Can't relate a picture of a green person walking to "walk" and a red person not walking to "don't walk", too confusing! Some states have got a bit smarter but use a red hand to instead of a red person not walking, apparently symbols of a person for walk and a person for don't walk is still too confusing :P
Ya but didn't Henry Ford invet automobiles first, let alone the assembly line mass production of them?
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

KarouKaniyashia wrote:Ya but didn't Henry Ford invet automobiles first, let alone the assembly line mass production of them?
No Ms. auto mechanic kitty, that was Dalmer. Of Germany. Oh, Henry Ford didn't invent the production line either. He just put the two concepts together.
Sugami wrote:And we drive on the right side of the road, who do you think was driving first? Who had roads first? We had roads before America was even discovered!
No you had cow paths. Roads were invented by MacAdam, a Scottish immigrant to America.
Fiye wrote:Look at the Anaheim Angels, our place went berserk when we got into the world series. And that game seven win again our neighbors up north.

Personally I will never forgive the "sport" of baseball for moving the Dodgers out of Brooklyn. Never.

:?: Perhaps I should have posted this in the "Useless Facts To Float Around In Your Head" thread.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Tsybil wrote: No you had cow paths. Roads were invented by MacAdam, a Scottish immigrant to America.
Actually no.

Stone paved streets are found in the city of Ur in the Middle East dating back to 4000 BC.

Corduroy roads (log roads) are found dating to 4,000 BC in Glastonbury, England.
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

Shirai wrote:
Tsybil wrote: No you had cow paths. Roads were invented by MacAdam, a Scottish immigrant to America.
Actually no.

Stone paved streets are found in the city of Ur in the Middle East dating back to 4000 BC.

Corduroy roads (log roads) are found dating to 4,000 BC in Glastonbury, England.
Tsybil means modern paved roads. Ones that wouldn't be damaged or sink in mud.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Not really, even though he did invent the basics, he forgot to add a cohesive.
The cohesive was added a couple of years later by a brit named Edgar Purnell Hooley.
This combination was the ground for the asphalt roads we know today.
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

I think the fact that it's called Football has something to do with the size of the ball (iirc, the ball is a foot long, aka 12 inches)....I think...
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Uh, hello? You guys forgetting about the Roman Empire?

They came along, invaded England and built roads. Ergo, before America was even discovered :P

We had horse and cart before cars were around, how do you think those got around? That would be, on the roads :P
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Sugami wrote:Uh, hello? You guys forgetting about the Roman Empire?

They came along, invaded England and built roads. Ergo, before America was even discovered :P
Road building, like cement, was lost when Rome Fell.

Although many surviving Roman buildings used cement, the French invented it all over again in the 1800s. The inventor got a patent too.
Sugami wrote:We had horse and cart before cars were around, how do you think those got around? That would be, on the roads :P
On cow paths. But I am not being anti Brit here, cow paths was all we had as well.
Shirai wrote:Stone paved streets are found in the city of Ur in the Middle East dating back to 4000 BC.

None of these had cars, cows, or even pedestrians on them in the 1800s.
Fiye wrote:Tsybil means modern paved roads. Ones that wouldn't be damaged or sink in mud.
Close. My little derailment was started by Sugami's "Who had roads first? We had roads before America was even discovered!" I guess I meant roads that you could drive a car on without the road itself breaking the thing.

Cobblestone streets were dead common in Europe and America in the 1800s. You couldn't drive a horse and carriage at any speed on them without knocking teeth loose. (I think that was part of the design goals, but don't quote me on that.) Streets are not roads.

Try running even a modern 4X4 on what Sugami considers a road. I will take a horse and be down that road while you are calling for a new suspension part or a tow truck because you are up to both axles in the ruts and mud.

The history of tires and the history of road building are inexorably linked BTW.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

so uhm about that baseball cheater, he got banned of XBL.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Tsybil wrote:Road building, like cement, was lost when Rome Fell.
But we still had it before America was discovered :P

Methinks most of the buildings in St Albans predate America :P we have paved roads with steep curbed pavements there.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Sugami, do not get me wrong. You have more history tied up in each square mile of England then most of our east coast states have. And I probably shouldn't mention that history of Seattle, my current home, starts about 1850.

(History is defined as what was written down, and the native north Americans had no written language. Central Americans did.)

Heck, there are taverns in England that have been in the same family since before the Norman invasion.

If I even make it to England I will expect you to stand me a pint in one of them.

Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Well call them "pubs" hehe :)

Interesting fact: St. Albans has more pubs per square mile than any other city or town in England. Yet all the pubs there are so expensive :lol:

P.S. 1850 is like yesterday for us :P
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Botters And Cheaters _NEVER_ win.

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Botters And Cheaters _NEVER_ win.

Post by xaresity »

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт