Sugami 3 - RMT 0

A place to talk about... anything!
Sugami
Anime cat

Sugami 3 - RMT 0

Post by Sugami »

Okay so I was fishing as usually in the Sea Serpant Grotto and noticed three Lv1 Tarutaru, wearing nothing but RSE, all huddled together fishing.

Now it's pretty impossible for a Lv1 to get this deep into SSG without any agro at all, ontop of which they all had their '?' by their names so the characters weren't even a day old yet. They might as well have been waving around banners with "RMT" written on it whilst shouting "HAY EVERYONE! I'M AN RMT LOLZ!!!1ONE".

So I did what any legitimate fisher would do and called a GM. He got back to me quickly bad sadly seemed to do nothing about the blatent RMT hackers so I decided to take matters into my own hands.

I went up to Norg and changed into NIN, came back down and trained the whole of the Sahagin in the area (almost dying in the process) and then Mijin Gakure right next to the RMT. All but one Sahagin depopped, the remaining one turned on the three RMT and killed them :D :lol: One tried running and used Chainspell (like Chainspell Dia would help him :lol:).

Sadly it was a shallow victory, they POS hacked back there within minutes and back to their RMTing but it was fun none the less. If I see them there again today I'll try calling again and see if the GM will let me MPK them again and watch to see if they POS hack their way back :)
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

All they can do with those reports is report them to the STF.

the STF in return will keep an eye out on them, and will /punt them out on the next banning.
(which will be next month, they just did one clean up again..)

I had that with a few fisherbots in Buburimu, I deliberately sent them tells to see if they responded.
Even sent out warnings that I would call a GM on them for botting if they didn't respond in 5 minutes.
5 minutes later, no response I called a GM.

All the GM said when he got back to me was:
GM "I see them and will report them right away!"
GM "Is there anything else I can help you with?"
Shirai "To which party are you reporting?"
GM "The special task force"
Shirai "Thank you and have a nice day"
GM "You too Ninja Shirai"

A couple of days later, poof all 15 of them gone.

Unlike popular believe also GMs check chatlogs and probably also checked mine for the conversation I had with them.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

I thought GMs punted fish bots themselves. The usual method was to send a /tell and wait for response and punt if no response.

He said he'd look into it and that was all, hopefully they'll be gone in the next banning session then, gives me a month to MPK them a few more times then :P
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

I had a funny story, on hades there's a lot of RMT NM Campters in Sky, tons of them, our server's one of the worst for it. Well why I was waiting for my Dynamis shell to show up for our DM Run, I went around sky trying to learn my way around, after that, I was Idling by the zone to the hall of the gods. Next thing I know, I've got a GM asking me what I'm doing in sky by myself and afk (assuming that I was). I was like "Waiting on my linkshell to do divine might, I havn't spent much time here so I was just afking so they can show me around." I think I scared the GM but I got "Fair enough, Behave yourself or the Special Task Force will feed you to Byakko. Have a plesant day and GL with your run."

all of a sudden I'm getting Nice GMs :shock:
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

I have always found GMs nice. I have rarely found them useful.

Polite is EASY. Action on the spot is hard.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Kistala
Tomcat

Post by Kistala »

If they pos-hacked there, a GM can do something about it.

If they're just fishing, it doesn't matter if they're in the Den of Rancor or East Ronfaure, the GM can't do anything about it because they aren't necessarily breaking any ToS rules.
"Don't take life too seriously, you can't get out of it alive."

Currently: PLD69/WAR34 tank
PLD69/RDM34 soloer
Ambrey
Teh Sexeh

Post by Ambrey »

Technically... the Special Task Force is actually known as the Special Task Force Unit, aka STFU. :lol:

I think they dropped the Unit part tho after SE caught onto what STFU really stood for. :P
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Well you can be pretty damn sure that if RMT are fishing they are most likely using a fishing bot, which is what I reported them for using.

Little update, another group of 3 Lv1 RMT chars have been in doing the same crap, reported them as well and also said I expected them of POS hacking too. The tarus have been back so obviously not banned yet.

I'm guessing one person runs 3 chars at a time and they work in shifts. Never seen both groups of 3 there at the same time.
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

Helped Lod request his PLD af so he could store the set since he's upgraded everything he wants too.

Realized why one of the orc NMs in the past looked familiar- its one of the PLD AF3 NMs :rofl:

Finally finally got 8-4 win!!!! so very very happy!!! My entire ls is going crazy laughing thier heads off atm since we won the same way my group won 6-4...

Prommy was going all spammy with that AoE stun move of his the last 10% HP and managed to wipe just about everyone as we got him down to 2% when the other RDM went CS+Nuke crazy with her weakened MP pool (tier I nukes) before hitting the dirt again. The BLM then rr'd to try and get an AM off as I threw a Bio II on him...and just as I thought I was about to lose the rest of my HP (was like 50/935 HP and only 38MP ><) - he fell down all dead and stuff!

So anyway...yea- CoP finished at last and I've now cemented my ls title as Bio Queen >.>
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Wrong thread :P

Anyone know if there's a hack that gives you Sneak indefinately? Saw these guys walk down from Norg, unless they bought oils they must have hacked to get past the Sahagin and other nasties.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Sugami wrote:Anyone know if there's a hack that gives you Sneak indefinately? Saw these guys walk down from Norg, unless they bought oils they must have hacked to get past the Sahagin and other nasties.
Isn't there a hack called Silent Oils?
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Finwich
Housecat

Post by Finwich »

Where can you report to the stf? Is it only through POL or can you do it off the website?
RDM/SMN/WAR/DRG/DNC/BLM/COR/DRK85
Bravura 6/14/10 WARcat +7
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

I'm not sure how you can contact the STF directly.

I usually report cases to GMs with the request to have the STF investigate the matter.
Unless it's really blatant where even the GMs can see your dealing with bots/cheaters.
Then you usually don't even need to ask.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Yeah right, like the RMT would pay extra money when they wouldn't need to :roll: No I'm almost possitive they have a "no agro" hack or something that gives them the effect of Sneak indefinately.

I reported two new bots to a GM yesterday, he came down and saw them himself and said he'd report them to the STF.

I also popped the kraken NM nearby and trained it down to the bots, not once but twice and it didn't attack them. They didn't see it coming, didn't use oils or cast Sneak and it does agro to sound according to wiki so why did it ignore them both times?

They also seem immune to fished up monsters who are also meant to agro to sound, so what's going on? They're either hacking or they've changed the behavior of these monsters.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Sugami wrote:Yeah right, like the RMT would pay extra money when they wouldn't need to :roll: No I'm almost possitive they have a "no agro" hack or something that gives them the effect of Sneak indefinately.

I reported two new bots to a GM yesterday, he came down and saw them himself and said he'd report them to the STF.

I also popped the kraken NM nearby and trained it down to the bots, not once but twice and it didn't attack them. They didn't see it coming, didn't use oils or cast Sneak and it does agro to sound according to wiki so why did it ignore them both times?

They also seem immune to fished up monsters who are also meant to agro to sound, so what's going on? They're either hacking or they've changed the behavior of these monsters.
Actually that sounds like the MPK Patch in effect. But still you think AOE would hit them.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

MPK patch doesn't effect NMs and fished up monsters. The only thing it does it cause normal monsters to depop if they moved too far out of their roaming area. NMs will wander back and will agro if they can, I've seen it happen all too much with Aquarius.
Okuza
Feral Cat

Post by Okuza »

Tel the GM they're position-hacking. That should get more attention than "circumstantial evidence says they're RMT" -- especially since they really are POS hacking.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

I did, reported them for possible fish bot and POS hacking. Didn't seem like they used the POS hacks anymore after getting there, looked like they'd kill themselves to get to Norg and run down from there :(
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Sugami wrote:I did, reported them for possible fish bot and POS hacking. Didn't seem like they used the POS hacks anymore after getting there, looked like they'd kill themselves to get to Norg and run down from there :(
Can we feed them to Jormy then?
Last edited by Karou Ariyen on Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

I no longer fish in SSG anymore, moved on past Nebs but a few people in my LS have moved there so they should be able to say whether the task force has done their job or not.
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Sugami 3 - RMT 0

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru