Lastest Accomplishments or Goals

A place to talk about... anything!
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Fishing level 24 :)

Even though I got a level it was officially the worst fishing day ever. Nothing x10, Bucket, Nothing x9... :( fish just weren't biting, hopefully it'll cause the price to go up a little at least.
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

This may be an old nerd's tale, but I've heard that in a recent anti-fishing bot patch SE made it so fishing holes had a limited number of fish.

Reset is supposed to occur at JP midnight or Conquest Tally.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Tianshii
Mad Cat

Post by Tianshii »

:D Tachi: Kasa {mine} & all thanks to some very patient LS members who helped me work of latent & then fight the NM!

In *ding* news: 73 Samurai!! :D
I tried on my snazzy kote from dyna & then tried them out @ campaign.
*looks @ Mithra mannequin wearing Wyvern Helm +1*
..soon my pretty... soon.... :twisted:

:lol:
Assassen Summoner
[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o233/PuszNboots/sigs/Tianshii_this.jpg[/img]
SMN75~SAM75~whm75~thf42~DNC38~drg33
Leane
Irresponsible Adventurer

Post by Leane »

got my first rdm test today, and on thursday I'm gonna go get my @$$ beat by maat
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

I doubt that's the case, Keavy. What they apparently have done is made it so that porlonged duration in one spot/zone will gimp your results, much like mining, harvesting and logging.

In any case Nebinomites weren't non-existant, just very rare.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Nebs are pretty rough to catch, what I do is grab a shrimp lure and catch some tuna and other fish in the mean time.

The Tuna NPC for a decent amount of gil.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Finwich
Housecat

Post by Finwich »

*ding* DNC57
RDM/SMN/WAR/DRG/DNC/BLM/COR/DRK85
Bravura 6/14/10 WARcat +7
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Nebs are pretty easy compared to Dark Bass, Tricoloured Carp and Gold Carp I was catching in Jugner. Cobalt Jellyfish are the annoying ones and it's amasing how much of a fight rusty buckets can put up >.> (I am using Shrimp Lure)
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

If you're catching so many items, you might want to check your mog house furniture.

If you have water energy dominant in your moghouse you get moghancement: fishing, you'll fish up more items with that.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Fishing 32. I swear I can tell what is on the line by how it fights.

Nebs get easier to land the closer you get to the level cap. By the time you hit 29 they are downright easy. Profitable too. More so if you have a high level Alchemist on your staff.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Leane
Irresponsible Adventurer

Post by Leane »

after maat's blink absorbed sleep1 and sleep2 he porceded to wipe the floor with me right out the gate
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

/comfort

He's a {bastard sword} all right.

*ding* SMN 56 :D
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Fishing level 25 :)

Think I started in SSG around 17 and they were always pretty easy. The problem is that they've been almost extinct this past week, I'm starting to believe what Keavy said about limited fish per spot/zone. Reported a couple new RMTs too *sigh*

Don't fight Maat at 67 :P Should run straight to him as soon as you enter, hopefully you'll catch him before he has a chance for Blink then Dispel a few times before you start.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Leane wrote:after maat's blink absorbed sleep1 and sleep2 he porceded to wipe the floor with me right out the gate
/comfort

I posted my way of finally getting the old ******* down around here somewhere.....viewtopic.php?t=4605&highlight=record

It might help you.

Three tips: Hit the deck running, do not stop to buff. Do not silence Maat. The RDM Maat fight is mostly about luck.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

I fought Maat and won.. though, it was using a gimpy hume character. (Yeah, his equipment sucked).

Either way, the fight is more about luck than anything. Start off my running in and attempting to sleep him. You get two chances a round, and if he starts pummeling you, stay calm. Just cure yourself until you sleep him. When you do, use a Hi-Elixir if you really need the boost in MP. Save Vile Elixirs in emergency cases.

Every round is pretty much Sleep -> Buff/Dispel/Heal -> Nuke

As long as he doesn't get a chance to WS, or doesn't WS you should be good. And at around 50%, he'll chainspell. This is your Cue to sleep him and wait about 45 seconds. After that period passes, chainspell, and dish it out on him.

You'll come out with shaky hands and a feeling of "OMGWTFBBQ I CAN SOLO AV!!!"
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Fiye wrote:I fought Maat and won.. though, it was using a gimpy hume character. (Yeah, his equipment sucked).

Either way, the fight is more about luck than anything. Start off my running in and attempting to sleep him. You get two chances a round, and if he starts pummeling you, stay calm. Just cure yourself until you sleep him. When you do, use a Hi-Elixir if you really need the boost in MP. Save Vile Elixirs in emergency cases.

Every round is pretty much Sleep -> Buff/Dispel/Heal -> Nuke

As long as he doesn't get a chance to WS, or doesn't WS you should be good. And at around 50%, he'll chainspell. This is your Cue to sleep him and wait about 45 seconds. After that period passes, chainspell, and dish it out on him.

You'll come out with shaky hands and a feeling of "OMGWTFBBQ I CAN SOLO AV!!!"
Right now, I can officially say I no longer regret switching from RDM to WHM as my initial main.

P.S. I claim this page for all those that have Job A.D.D.
Last edited by Keavy on Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Fishing level 26 :)

And was a good day of fishing for once, sadly the RMT are completely kiling the price. It dropped down to 5K (was 9K 2 weeks ago) and popped back up to 6K last I checked. Why are people so f*cking stupid? >.< One more level and I'll be done with Nebinomites, which is both good and bad news.
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Sugami wrote:Fishing level 26 :)

And was a good day of fishing for once, sadly the RMT are completely kiling the price. It dropped down to 5K (was 9K 2 weeks ago) and popped back up to 6K last I checked. Why are people so f*cking stupid? >.< One more level and I'll be done with Nebinomites, which is both good and bad news.
Same thing happened with me and Moat Carp.

They were 10K a stack when I started and I could reliably get 7+ stacks in the time I had each day to devote to fishing then they dropped to 7K a stack. Not that bad, but still. Then my Moat Carp numbers started dropping and it got to the point where I'd have 7 stacks in 2-3 days. Then the price dropped to 2K a stack, there were always at least 250 stacks on the AH, and I was lucky if I got a full stack a day.

That's when I quit fishing all together. I loved it, but damn...that was my primary moneymaking method at the time and that money was going to my Blessed fund so that hurt.

P.S. I know this isn't related to FFXI or gaming but I am now a mod at screwattack.com's forums. I've been there since the early days so this really is an honor for me and I'm excited and I had to tell someone!
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Having fun with charmed people!!

No worries, we took revenge on Munashii when he got charmed by the Jailer of Justice we killed last night.
Tianshii
Mad Cat

Post by Tianshii »

:lol: I love the charm & the insta nakie move it's so funny!
(ok it's annoying too if you're losing but w/ the fun factor it's hard to stay mad)

So last night we had 12 people for ENM, Sheep in Antlion's Clothing & split into 2 groups of 6.
BOTH groups got HAGUN!!! :D :shock:
So the 2 samurai who frequent the run each got one, myself included!!!
We've got one more to get for the lvl50-something sam & then we can start selling that beast! I was so shocked at our luck!!
Assassen Summoner
[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o233/PuszNboots/sigs/Tianshii_this.jpg[/img]
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Big congrrrats Tianshii.

Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Fishing level 27 :)

Byebye Nebinomites and RMT. It's both a blessing and a curse but at least I won't have to worry about morons killing the price anymore :)
Tianshii
Mad Cat

Post by Tianshii »

Iron Emblem of Service & lvl 74 Samurai! :D

Once samurai is 75 next items on the agenda are:
- getting some merits for SAM
- Dragoon to 37
- Dancer to 37

By then the warm weather should be setting in & that'll start to shorten my available play time. Darn! :roll:
Assassen Summoner
Okuza
Feral Cat

Post by Okuza »

Finally finished homam -- well, almost (dun want hat, bad stats & it's ugly). Here's a pic -- 4/5 homam with W.Turban. ^^

Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

You're calling the Zucchetto ugly and you're wearing that stupid turban, hello irony :lol:

Not much to report, 5 Ancient Beastcoins from yerterday's Limbus putting me 17/75 towards Brutal Earring :)

Also broke my WS damage there and hit bit over 2100 :) (Mr Adaman Hauberk WAR couldn't break 2K on those :P)
Finwich
Housecat

Post by Finwich »

i've never been impressed with any of the adaberk wars i've exped with. Was with one last night and he was doing the least damage of the 3 wars in the party. /shrug.

Since this is an achievement thread, i got another merit. only 42 to go before I have the basic merits that I want done lol...
RDM/SMN/WAR/DRG/DNC/BLM/COR/DRK85
Bravura 6/14/10 WARcat +7
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

ANOTHER 3-5 "Business" days until my 360 gets sent back.

Oh, I miss it so. I miss Final Fantasy XI, I miss my Arcade games, I miss whiny-voiced preteens on Xbox Live who apparently have Tourettes Syndrome, insinuate that they had sex with my mom and question my sexual orientation.

Okay, I don't miss the kiddies on Live but I do miss the rest.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

won a freelot on Loldrg hands, then tossed it, I have no desire to add another job onto my 4 atm (DNC/PUP Lvling atm) but none the less I got it:

Zorin's Lot for the Wyrm Gauntlets.... 983
Karou's Lot for the Wyrm Gauntelts... 985

I won by 2 smeggin points, wow. it was freelot, so usually in my shell whether people have the job or not, its "we want free stuff." so there ya have it!
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Fishing level 28 :)
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

Lessee...
Got merits #27 and 28

Bought a TM Hooks +2 for a monk in return for 50k gil and a Aquilo's Staff. Which, in short, means I paid 150k for 250k in stuff. The reason why? The guy wanted to do some quick campign work on his MNK/DNC.

So, right now, I sold it and am sitting at 400k/600k towards my O. Kotes. The price seems to be dropping some more, so with any luck, I'll have it in a bit.

Also, I got my console RGB -> S-Cable adapter to split off to my TV and my Computer's Media Center. In short, I can now record me playing on my console and, at the same time, I can post it on here.

CoD4 death spree!!!