What exactly was the point of a "Job" Again?

A place to talk about... anything!
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

What exactly was the point of a "Job" Again?

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Okay, we all have those good and bad days at work. It's expected. Especially if it involves cars or the like. Except Today. Well Yesterday seeing as I'm typing this at 4 am my time. Okay so this is how it happened. It takes me 45 minutes to drive to work to open at 7:30am. I dodge traffic by playing the surface street game, get off just outside the city and it's smooth sailing. We have this deal where that if the work load isn't full and a car bay's open, anyone can slide their personal ride in for work to be done on it.

Prior to the day, I got an early birthday gift in the mail, new stainless steel braided brake lines. Work load was light on the sheet, and I figured I'd pull my eclipse in, after all my old brake lines were going and I needed new ones (Simply put, stock rubber < Stainless Steel). So I pull my car in and I'm going over the list while I'm switching into my jumpsuit and something was staring at me from the previous work week. 2006 Dodge Charger SRT Daytona Edition * * * * Engine Work/Bodykit work/New Wheels/Oil Change/Cat Back Exhaust. We just did all that except the engine. After informing the owner that MOPAR Performance was going to have the new crate engine in 'next week', the owner said he'd drop the car off by the end of the week, which he didn't. Fine, he could still do it today.

Well around 9am the charger's in the garage, and UPS made their rounds, No engine. I'm thinking 'WTF?!'. I get on the phone and call MOPAR Performance, I get "What year charger were we supposed to order?" "2006 HEMI" "We'll get right on it and have it ship from our warehouse in Aurore, IL" Well around lunch time, no engine. I call them again. MOPAR Says the order was placed please call the warehouse. I call the Aurore, IL Warehouse, "What year?" Again with the morons. After informing them of the 2006 charger and its hemi engine, they tell me "We don't stock that engine here." "But the headquarters said that you did and would ship it out today." "That's not possible." Great. A customer's getting screwed and we're taking the blame. Several calls between the warehouse and the headquarters and we've narrowed it down to "Backordered" and "The system ordering computer is down." Then it's "It'll be here in 3 more weeks."

3 more weeks..... I can't do my job because some corporation is playing "The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing" and already the customer has chosen to get his engine from another engine shop that has it on hand if it's not here in 3 weeks. We lose business and a customer because MOPAR Performance hired retarded morons. Ontop of that, between work and the dropped ball, I never did get my brake lines installed. In fact I think I forgot to eat lunch too.

Word of advice, don't ever get involved with mechanics :roll:
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Kinda sounds like my job.

We've had days where three people show up for one temp job :oops:

More often than not its because a person, who doesn't get as much work as they think they deserve, overhears one of us calling another temp about a job so they go there looking to steal the job.

I've worked for temp agencies in the past (As in temp worker position) and never knew this went on but apparently its pretty common!
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Tianshii
Mad Cat

Post by Tianshii »

XD Karou my brother is a mechanic!! He always has horror stories for me, not unlike yours!
Where I work the left hand doesn't know what it's THUMB is doing up it's @$$!! :evil: I've personally told someone something only to find out they told some manager they were never told.. WHAT?!?! Then I bust out the "cover my ass" e-mail and prove I was right. It's just pathetic! :evil:
Assassen Summoner
[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o233/PuszNboots/sigs/Tianshii_this.jpg[/img]
SMN75~SAM75~whm75~thf42~DNC38~drg33
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Summer is worse, it's usually 6 corvettes + 1 in the paint booth (my husband's in charge of that) and we have to jocky them around like horses. We're not commissioned based, so when we lose out on a customer because of a company playing games, we're the only ones that hurt here, not the corporation. Companies that build parts for the 90-99 eclipse/laser/talon are usually the ones I have good luck with, well most of the "Import" Aftermarket performance compainies I should say. The American Muscle-like companies, not so much, I really would love to say "No more business with MOPAR" but I know that will never happen, we get a classic dodge back in, and we'll be having to make calls to them again XD

On an entirly related note, anyone wanna help me blow up some old tires? :lol: :lol:
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Okuza
Feral Cat

Re: What exactly was the point of a "Job" Again?

Post by Okuza »

KarouKaniyashia wrote:Word of advice, don't ever get involved with mechanics :roll:
Converse: if you find a good mechanic, don't let him get away! Hell, add him to your Christmas card list.

I had a great mechanic for my Rx7. The guy collected them as a hobby and they were also his business. Then one day I had some problems with my engine and so I coaxed the car to his shop -- and it was GONE. He'd moved shop and I couldn't find where he went! ; ;

So, I took the car to "Made in Japan". Guy said he had done tons of Rx7s. Guess what? He installed the front spark plugs in the rear and rear in the front (they're different for Rx7). He stripped the threads in the process, too. A day later, the engine is basically destroyed as a result.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Okuza wrote:
KarouKaniyashia wrote:Word of advice, don't ever get involved with mechanics :roll:
Converse: if you find a good mechanic, don't let him get away! Hell, add him to your Christmas card list.

I had a great mechanic for my Rx7. The guy collected them as a hobby and they were also his business. Then one day I had some problems with my engine and so I coaxed the car to his shop -- and it was GONE. He'd moved shop and I couldn't find where he went! ; ;

So, I took the car to "Made in Japan". Guy said he had done tons of Rx7s. Guess what? He installed the front spark plugs in the rear and rear in the front (they're different for Rx7). He stripped the threads in the process, too. A day later, the engine is basically destroyed as a result.
Everyone at our shop thinks im the greatest mechanic every, not really. I just know my way around a few toyota's and Diamond Star Motors (90-99 Eclipse/Talon/Laser). Usually I can help anyone with the DSM Cars, heck I drive a 99 Eclipse. I learned mechanics because I didn't wanna get screwed. Who would have thought I'd actually be working as one.
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Okuza wrote:

Ugh, I hear ya on that. My RX-7's been parked for close to 3 years because quite honestly, I'm afraid to have work done on it by any shop. And I'm definitely not paying the dealership to work on it. <.<;
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Kintrra wrote:
Okuza wrote:

Ugh, I hear ya on that. My RX-7's been parked for close to 3 years because quite honestly, I'm afraid to have work done on it by any shop. And I'm definitely not paying the dealership to work on it. <.<;
Dealership? Hun, we call them the Stealership ^_~
xaresity
Queen Cat

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru