I seriously think I need to quit FFXI.

A place to talk about... anything!
Keavy
Drunker than thou

I seriously think I need to quit FFXI.

Post by Keavy »

My THIRD Xbox 360 just died!

First died after I beat Maat, second died right before WotG came out, and as I was preparing to get my NIN scrolls and level RDM subs the third one dies.

Anytime I make any serious progress in this game whatever system I am on dies.

After four dead PS2's and now three dead Xbox 360's during my FFXI tenure I really do think the gaming gods are trying to tell me something.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Just sounds like really bad luck to me. :oops:
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Rishutlaw
Tomcat

Post by Rishutlaw »

Just let me know when someone casts {Raise} on your Xbox 360, so we can do the BCNM and get your mule's Kazhaam keys.
Kiraku: [lvl 44 SAM] [Lvl 33 MNK] [lvl 25 WAR] [lvl 15 BST] [lvl 10 BLM] [lvl 10 WHM] [lvl 21 THF]

[img]http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p192/okanestar789/Kir071223003827a.jpg[/img]
http://gamerhaven.forumotion.com/index.htm
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Rishutlaw wrote:Just let me know when someone casts {Raise} on your Xbox 360, so we can do the BCNM and get your mule's Kazhaam keys.
Coffin should be here tomorrow. Since I'm on my third repair I get overnight shipping and a new unit so next weekend we should be good to go.

Plus...free month of XBL Gold! Hell, if they keep breaking down I'll never have to pay for Gold again!
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Keavy wrote:
Rishutlaw wrote:Just let me know when someone casts {Raise} on your Xbox 360, so we can do the BCNM and get your mule's Kazhaam keys.
Coffin should be here tomorrow. Since I'm on my third repair I get overnight shipping and a new unit so next weekend we should be good to go.

Plus...free month of XBL Gold! Hell, if they keep breaking down I'll never have to pay for Gold again!
Sounds like Microsoft's problem not yours heh
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Sounds like you have real bad luck. o.o

Just wondering, do you have your xbox standing in a closet or in an open space.
I have read about your problems but this really sounds extreme.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

CHECK YOUR WALL SOCKET!!!! I went thru 2 refurbished systems (after my original died, I basically transfered the new hardware into the old case _AFTER_ this problem was solved.) Turns out the plug I was using was bad, It power spiked the system and got RROD. Now I didn't have a microsoft warrenty, GameCrazy, after dealing with a few problems, returned them no questions asked.

Just a thought
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Well, first one died because of the code in the updates that's supposed to brick modded systems. Every now and again a good system gets hit and mine was one of those. Second one the DVD drive just stopped working. This one...I dunno but last time I had it on the airflow out the back end felt like a hair dryer so maybe the solder melted?

All I know is I've invested far too much money in Xbox 360 software to abandon the system. Besides, most of the games I have are 360 exclusive and I'd miss them if I switched to PS3.

Only issues I've had with any other consoles were my NES and Dreamcast. My mom bought some birds and their feathers somehow got into the NES cart slot and we had to have that replaced. Dreamcast met its demise when a pissed off girlfriend put a stiletto heel through it so overall I've had pretty good luck.
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

Just sounds like you have really really bad luck with consoles- although I'd be seriously pissed at M$ (or even $ony if I'd gone through that much trouble with the PS2s. So far mine is running fine and its an old HDD model) right about now if that'd happened to me.

At least its consoles and not cars...my husband has been through 6 cars in 7 yrs of marriage. He's not allowed anywhere near my next car either (getting one when he gets back in May woot!!)- he gets to drive his 12 yr old truck until it's nothing but the steel skeleton.
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

He keep crashing those cars or they just randomly die? :lol:

Sounds like Jesus hates you, Keavy :P
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Keavy wrote: ..... Plus...free month of XBL Gold! Hell, if they keep breaking down I'll never have to pay for Gold again!
That kitty is a GREAT attitude!

Keep smiling and purrring, makes them wonder what you have been up to.

/picks her teeth with a yellow feather. "What chocobo, where?"
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

Oye.

Trust me, I think you'd just about have the same luck with PS3's

I'd say you should get a new Mac.

At least that wouldn't die on you xDDDD
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

It's the same luck I keep having with my Intake Manifold. I've been through 9 of them from mangus performance, who helped me do an adapter kit so I can mount a larger 1992 eclipse manifold onto my smaller 1999 holes (Ported and polished :P). The parts arn't defective either, I just seem to be cursed rofl.

Overall though, blame microsoft. it's always there fault.
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

I really haven't heard of the fail rate on the PS3s being that bad and since the 360's been out longer I personally feel that M$ should've figured out what the hell they were doing by now. And yes, I know this is M$ we're talking about- and expecting them to do anything right is nothing but a pipe dream :lol:

My husband is a very good driver- when he pays attention to what he's doing and doesn't give in to the aggressive + impatient side of his personality, which is not usually the case.

Let's see- he wrecked our first car in Korea a '94 elentra in 2001, but still it should've lasted us our entire stay.

He crashed the '91 Sonata within in 6 mths of us getting that (we fixed it).

Totaled the 2003 Neon we bought when we got back to the states in 2004.

3 months later he totaled my car in a 3-way car collision (again to be fair- he got rear-ended by a driver in a Ford 350 that didn't even hit her brakes :roll: )

The next car (a Saturn) we didn't have even a month when he totaled that one trying to make an exit he missed instead of doing the intelligent thing and going down the next exit and coming back :roll:

The Ford we got to replace that one (a 1990 Crown Vic- by then there was no way in any hell I was letting him get something that wasn't a freaking tank or dirt cheap) went through 3 accidents (mainly weather related- it did not like the icy roads up here) before I gave it my brother in law to use in a crash derby thing last year. He did a Dukes of Hazzard on it and took it over a jump a few times :lol:

The truck is one my husband's oldest brother gave to us when we moved up here and its been going along pretty well (its a '96) and has really only needed the type of maintenance a 12 year old vehicle with 180k miles on it would need. The dealership :love:'s me by now, I've had to take it in so much this winter for one thing or another :lol:
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

ScarlettPheonix wrote:I really haven't heard of the fail rate on the PS3s being that bad and since the 360's been out longer I personally feel that M$ should've figured out what the hell they were doing by now. And yes, I know this is M$ we're talking about- and expecting them to do anything right is nothing but a pipe dream :lol:

My husband is a very good driver- when he pays attention to what he's doing and doesn't give in to the aggressive + impatient side of his personality, which is not usually the case.

Let's see- he wrecked our first car in Korea a '94 elentra in 2001, but still it should've lasted us our entire stay.

He crashed the '91 Sonata within in 6 mths of us getting that (we fixed it).

Totaled the 2003 Neon we bought when we got back to the states in 2004.

3 months later he totaled my car in a 3-way car collision (again to be fair- he got rear-ended by a driver in a Ford 350 that didn't even hit her brakes :roll: )

The next car (a Saturn) we didn't have even a month when he totaled that one trying to make an exit he missed instead of doing the intelligent thing and going down the next exit and coming back :roll:

The Ford we got to replace that one (a 1990 Crown Vic- by then there was no way in any hell I was letting him get something that wasn't a freaking tank or dirt cheap) went through 3 accidents (mainly weather related- it did not like the icy roads up here) before I gave it my brother in law to use in a crash derby thing last year. He did a Dukes of Hazzard on it and took it over a jump a few times :lol:

The truck is one my husband's oldest brother gave to us when we moved up here and its been going along pretty well (its a '96) and has really only needed the type of maintenance a 12 year old vehicle with 180k miles on it would need. The dealership :love:'s me by now, I've had to take it in so much this winter for one thing or another :lol:
Dear gods and I thought my having owned 4 vehicles so far at the age of 25 was bad. :lol:

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Yea..we don't mention his driving record too much. Although our rates have dropped the past year- the only bright side to him being overseas. He hasn't been putting any more points on his license :rofl:

Still, there's a girl in my class who's been in 9 accidents- and she's only 18!!

Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

I haven't had that many accidents in my LIFE. OK, maybe in my life, but not in any two decades. I have never retired a car because it was totaled. I have, it is true, collected enough speeding tickets to wallpaper a spacious mansion.

Did your husband take Driver's Ed in high school? How about enrolling him in an adult defensive driving course? The alternative method to teach defensive driving is getting him a motorcycle. He might not live through that one though.

On a side note, were either of you a commissioned officer in the armed forces or at any time in your life the dependent of a commissioned officer? If you are/were, you are eligible for the CHEAPEST insurance in the entire country, and it sounds like you need it. USAA. Those four letters will make a cold call insurance salesman say "Oh...." and hang up. Its that cheap.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

I'm actually going to suggest the defensive driving course to him when he gets back- he definetly could benefit from it. And yes, supposedly he did take driver's ed in high school >.>

I know about USAA- we actually bank with them lol. We're enlisted but yea, the insurance is pretty damned cheap all around (we have rental through USAA). For car insurance, we've been with Progressive though for about 5 years and have been happy with them so we've kept our policy with them.

Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

my husband borrowed my eclipse once, while his 06 was in the shop getting the supercharger installed. Now mind you I have a base horse power of around 510, and he wanted to settle a bet with a co-worker on the drag strip. Instead of paying attention to his shifting, he basically was trash talking his opponant, overrevved on the start, missed his shifts, and blew my intake manifold gasket and shot my nitrous lines out :O

This was before we were married, but its leverage in my book. 'Hey honey can I have a giant plasma screen tv?' 'remember when you ruined my eclipse?' 'Ya?' "NO!" :lol: :lol: :lol:
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

KarouKaniyashia wrote:my husband borrowed my eclipse once, while his 06 was in the shop getting the supercharger installed. Now mind you I have a base horse power of around 510, and he wanted to settle a bet with a co-worker on the drag strip. Instead of paying attention to his shifting, he basically was trash talking his opponant, overrevved on the start, missed his shifts, and blew my intake manifold gasket and shot my nitrous lines out :O

This was before we were married, but its leverage in my book. 'Hey honey can I have a giant plasma screen tv?' 'remember when you ruined my eclipse?' 'Ya?' "NO!" :lol: :lol: :lol:
Now, see, there's the biggest difference between men and women right there. Women can bring up every stupid mistake a man has ever made and fear no repricution.

If my girlfriend asked me for an extravagant gift and I brought up the time she drove around with the parking brake on those would be my final words.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Tsybil wrote:I have, it is true, collected enough speeding tickets to wallpaper a spacious mansion.
Don't you get your license taken away if you get too many tickets? :P

Over here getting caught speeding is 2 points on your license and you have a max of 12 points before you get it taken away, if it's within the first few years of passing then you only get 6 points max :P
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Sugami wrote:
Tsybil wrote:I have, it is true, collected enough speeding tickets to wallpaper a spacious mansion.
Don't you get your license taken away if you get too many tickets? :P

Over here getting caught speeding is 2 points on your license and you have a max of 12 points before you get it taken away, if it's within the first few years of passing then you only get 6 points max :P
No point system in WA. Also I rarely get two in a year. <3 Cruse Control, it has kept me from getting many more. And I never get tickets for anything else.

Its not my fault though, the lead foot is hereditary. My 84 yo mom usually has 6 - 10 points on her NY license (I think its 3 for speeding, 15 to suspension there.). :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Jeez you people have it easy...here in West Virginia it's 12 points to get suspended, and I believe speeding is 6. <.<;;;

Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Lol I've done stupider mistakes I've regretted, I accidently shot my husband like 9 times with a sniper rifle in airsoft, then I got over my headset "HOLY SH!T SAME TEAM! SAME TEAM! CROSS FIRE! CHECK YOUR TARGETS!" all I have to say to that is "oops." :lol:
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

:rofl: That's great!

There's a point system in NH too- 12 pts here and its taken away. I think speeding is 3 pts but I haven't been dinged for that here so not entirely sure- I know accidents are at least 3 pts since I have had one up here. My first accident since getting my license- was so irritated at myself over that :oops:

Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Not sure if our points get removed at any point in time, maybe after 10 years *shrug* :P

It's quite easy to get 12+ points along one stretch of road if you're not careful, speed cams are instant 2 points if it catches you and if you keep fluctuating over the limit you'll get snapped quite a few times :P

Oh yeah my lisence is clean :) but I haven't driven in over 5 years, it scares me sh*tless :lol: :oops:
Finwich
Housecat

Post by Finwich »

You should stop peeing on the xbox-s.
RDM/SMN/WAR/DRG/DNC/BLM/COR/DRK85
Bravura 6/14/10 WARcat +7
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: I seriously think I need to quit FFXI.

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: I seriously think I need to quit FFXI.

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting