Little Known 360/Wii/PS3 Games You Enjoy

A place to talk about... anything!
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Little Known 360/Wii/PS3 Games You Enjoy

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Games that don't get mass recognition, like Halo 3 or Mass Effect does, can sometimes provide hours of enjoyment for some gamers. What of these little known games do you enjoy on the current Next Gen systems? (Im going to allow PS2 because it's still alive :D)

For me I have 2. Rebel Raiders: Operation Nighthawk on PS2 and Tenchu Z for 360.

Rebel Raiders was a port, that with an updated graphics and gameplay system. It didn't take long for me to love a great style flight simulator/military aircraft game, Took some practice however.

Tenchu Z for those 360 ppl who are not aware, borrows its engine (in my opinon) from Way Of The Samurai series, but modified. Play a ninja, customize him or her, and go on missions, the control system is a bit tricky to use, but I'm learning slowly, 3 difficulty levels to play on for each mission, I love it.

Those are my lesser known picks, How about yours?
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

I have a bit of an affinity towards the Japanese budget titles on 360 like EarthDefenseForce 2017 and Bulletwitch.

They're not great and honestly not worth more than $20 but I enjoy them in much the same way I enjoy Arcade games.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Ugh I downloaded the demo for Tenchu Z and was hugely disappointed. I was a fan of the last Tenchu game on XBox, which was just a PS2 port so the graphics sucked and the netcode was horrific (talking 1-2 second delays). Nevertheless the game was fun and the characters were pretty cool.

However on playing this Tenchu Z demo it just looks like they took a step backwards, couldn't do as much as the last game and there weren't any cool "cutscenes" for the instant kill moves or generally a wider array of them. Character creation sucks, graphics suck for a 360 title... just plain suck :x

You want a decent ninja game? Get Ninja Gaiden and Ninja Gaiden 2 when that comes out.

Also Eternal Sonata is a great Japanese RPG, any RPG fan who owns a 360 should get it (there's a demo on XBL).
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Super Stardust HD for PS3.

$10 download only. Basically a remake of the original Stardust. Think Asteroids on steriods. Simple game, great visuals, good soundtrack, ability to use your Own custom soundtrack. Worth Every Penny, I had the demo for a while and actually bought it last night. I couldn't peel myself away from it for hours.
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

Some of my favorite games for PS2 actually started out with little fanfare but have grown fairly popular (popular enough to spawn several sequels anyway)- the Sly Cooper and Prince of Persia series in particular.

Another one of my favorites is Draken 2: Gate of the Ancients- it's actually a PS2 sequel to the PC game Draken. When I just want a simple beat 'em up and kill 'em game (plus time on dragon back) I pop that in.
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Little Known 360/Wii/PS3 Games You Enjoy

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Little Known 360/Wii/PS3 Games You Enjoy

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru