Lastest Accomplishments or Goals

A place to talk about... anything!
Rishutlaw
Tomcat

Post by Rishutlaw »

After 10 hours of pain and frustration Samurai is finally unlocked for me.

I spent roughly 5k on traveling and provisions, died 3 times (almost kicked me back to 29 as I was finishing up), and traveled the same areas over and over which will probably cause me to never get lost again.

Hit level 5 with SAM in just under an hour, and I have to say its pretty darn fun killing things that check as "tough."
Kiraku: [lvl 44 SAM] [Lvl 33 MNK] [lvl 25 WAR] [lvl 15 BST] [lvl 10 BLM] [lvl 10 WHM] [lvl 21 THF]

[img]http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p192/okanestar789/Kir071223003827a.jpg[/img]
http://gamerhaven.forumotion.com/index.htm
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

10 hours? O_O took me 30 mins for the quest.... (Honestly, I chocoed to every location / tele-warped and no this is not including the amount of time you have to wait for the elvaan to craft the Great Katana)

Anywho, We beat Kirin 1/1. Was lots of fun. Id post pic's but im at my work compy :P Also killed Byakko.

We got a Kirin Osode and Pole drop along wtih some abjuration stuff. Can't wait for our next run this saturday ^^
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

SAM Quest wasn't too hard. Did it rather fast

And Kirin's a pain. Takes over 1.5 Hours to take down that mofo.

Continuing my quest to beat Guitar Hero on Hard. Just need to do one more song and then I can fight Lou.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Fiye wrote: And Kirin's a pain. Takes over 1.5 Hours to take down that mofo.
Are you serious? o.O
What did you do to take that long?
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Dunno how your shell does it or how well geared your people are Shirai, but that sounds about average to me. I've done several 4 hour Kirins on the nights when he spawns up and decides to be an absolute pain in the ass. <.<;;;

Yes, we got Astral Flowed twice, it sucked. XD
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

Been there- a few times. Really sucks when you have to kite a CFH'd Kirin until he goes back unclaimed ><

With the exception of some awsomely geared DDs TP Burning him in under 5mins- Kirin should actually take an experienced linkshell ~45 min.

In my experience, when shells take longer than that are probably having problems with either the mini-gods (having 2 gods out at once is oh so much fun!) or his regen. Not being able to deal more damage than he's regening can make the fight drag on (and on, and on, and on)- and I really hate it when a RDM casts Bio III thinking it'll help when in most cases a BLM's Bio II does the job better and for cheaper.

Stupid SE giving us the cheap version of Bio III >.>

In other news, SMN 52^^
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

Shirai wrote:
Fiye wrote: And Kirin's a pain. Takes over 1.5 Hours to take down that mofo.
Are you serious? o.O
What did you do to take that long?
In short, we kite 'im. Though, I think the second run took 1HR. I've only been to two kirin pops in my entire FFXI career, so I don't know what the usual is. All I know is NMs like Kirin suck ass, because most of the time I'm chasing down a "I run faster than thou" kiter, or raising the dead.

I should seriously consider applying to be a Necromancer.
Finwich
Housecat

Post by Finwich »

1.5 hours? Sweet Jeebus, I assume he ran out of mp.

My LS kites Kirin also, and we usually take him down in about 40 mins with 22 people. I didn't think that was all that great anyway, but I guess it's not bad lol.

Anyway, DNC45 *ding* would be 46, but I had to go to limbus and the whm in my party was subbing blu (new players, please don't sub blu at low levels. it sucks for parties) and spamming stupid blu magic. Sooooo 900 tnl. I'll go solo that after work.
RDM/SMN/WAR/DRG/DNC/BLM/COR/DRK85
Bravura 6/14/10 WARcat +7
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Fiye wrote:In short, we kite 'im. Though, I think the second run took 1HR. I've only been to two kirin pops in my entire FFXI career, so I don't know what the usual is. All I know is NMs like Kirin suck ass, because most of the time I'm chasing down a "I run faster than thou" kiter, or raising the dead.
Please everyone don't get me wrong, I know all about the Kirin TP burns in less then a minute.
But that's not the point really, like others I just think 1.5 hours is a tad long.
Even when you include killing the lesser gods.

Going to that topic:
What I was wondering basicly is:
What jobs did/do you use?
Which weapons are the melee using?
Are you making skillchains?
How many BLMs do you use and did they Magic burst or just nuke?

Or in short:
What strategy are you using, and what jobs does your LS have available?

Maybe we can help you refine your strategy to make the kill faster and easier for future kirin fights.
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Our main problem seems to be, in order to do SCs, you have to stop moving...every time we stop moving (we being the tanks), someone ends up dead. -.-
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Finwich
Housecat

Post by Finwich »

I'll start another thread with Kirin advice for ya ^^

*ding* DNC47.

Also, my LS beat Jailer of Prudence, who is a mean ass bitch -.-

Looking forward to JoL. Oh, and we did DM in 17 minutes and got 5 members their earrings.
Last edited by Finwich on Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Finwich
Housecat

Post by Finwich »

Deleted for double post.
Last edited by Finwich on Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Did KS30 Double Dragonaire 6 times with a 100% success rate :) That's usually a really hard one but was surprisingly easy this time :)

Party setup was: WAR(me), DRK, NIN, SMN, BLM & BRD with a MNK switching out with the DRK for his orb (SMN didn't have one).

My friend got his Subduer, MNK got Destroyers and two Dissectors went out to the BRD and SMN :)

We didn't really get any good money drops :( but the overall loot wasn't bad.

P.S. Warrior's Charge has a 100% miss rate :x 5/5 times with Steel Cyclone the extra hit missed and 1/1 with Raging Rush it missed *fume*
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

Dun worry too much Shirai. It was my first Kirin run, so I wasn't expect much. That, and I was pretty much doing the same thing I did when I did DM. Just raised the deal and kept the kiters healed.

Though, soon I might think about doing sky runs more often. Either way, I'm burned out on FFXI so a break is in order.

And I got myself two tickets for all four days to Anime Expo '08. I got two friends coming with me (not to mention anyone I run into that went to my old HS), so it should be plenty of fun =3.
Okuza
Feral Cat

Post by Okuza »

Kintrra wrote:Our main problem seems to be, in order to do SCs, you have to stop moving...every time we stop moving (we being the tanks), someone ends up dead. -.-
What you can do as the "kiter" for Kirin is to try to stay within his long-cast range. If you're close (7~12), he will mostly use his fast specials. If you're in about 15~20, he tries his longer nukes like Quake and StonegaIII. If you're farther, he just chases you. Mostly this data and method is only useful if you have some runspeed -- nin + nightboots or pld + wyrmlegs.

If you can tease him into going for big nukes a lot, your alliance can kill him a TON faster. We usually take ~45m kiting. We don't renkei or MB. We have a TON of mnks all trying to pull agro with chi-blast. We have a fair number of BLM that rotate in and out with the MNKs -- manadump, then rest MP, etc.. We leave regular melee in until they die then replace with a living melee.

Typically tanks don't die, but now and then a MNK or BLM will whip out a big spike and pull hate for a little bit. We have agro-check macros for that. I keep trying to convince folks to try TP-burn method on Kirin. We've done it a few times and mostly succeeded, but it's not perfect, so people don't want to risk loosing drops.

We're getting pretty good at burning down DL in Xarca, though. I suspect that once the DL-burn gets old and "easy" in people's minds, we'll try it on Kirin every time, too.

-=-=-

Oh, and in other news, I got my 3rd Homam part: LEGS! 3/4 now (I don't want the nazi hat):

Tianshii
Mad Cat

Post by Tianshii »

I'm leader of Fiye's ls and the reason it takes us "so long" is we don't have a shiton of BLM to throw @ Kirin. Plus we have a lot of members who are new at the sky thing.
I don't get all snobby & discriminate against what jobs I let in the LS, so we always just make it work with what we've got.
(We've taken down Mother Globe with ZERO blm's)
There have been times when there are only 2 whm... or one whm and me on SMN trying to play double duty. :?

We also have about half & half when it comes to members who have a lot of sky experience... or we get people not paying attention and either meleeing a bound summon or letting their avatar have at it.. so then we do have two summons up at once beating on everyone. Fortunately no one starts freaking out like a retard and we clean up the little messes like that fairly well.

Since none of us are trying to break records on taking sh*t down, a dead Kirin in 20 seconds vs. a dead kirin in an hour or so is still dead. :P

Moving on~
My LS killed Ix'Aern(drk) & got vice of avarice :)
I was kinda pissed he only RR'd 3 times :( :lol:
Also dinged 70 in cooking a few days ago.

edit:
page claimed in honor of kitties in boots
Assassen Summoner
[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o233/PuszNboots/sigs/Tianshii_this.jpg[/img]
SMN75~SAM75~whm75~thf42~DNC38~drg33
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Took Carby out to Ifrit's Cauldron for some soloing goodness this evening- *ding* SMN 53 now :D

Ranked up in WotG again, forget the name, but its the 2nd Star rank :lol:

Upgraded Dagger and Sword another level, half way done with both now^^

Is anyone else addicted to Sprinter's Shoes? I think I've gone through 3x pair just in the last week alone and I think its about to get worse. I had the effect on tonight when I went to solo on SMN and was surprised when the effect didn't wear when I set Carby after a bomb.

Apparently, as long as you don't Blood Pact: Rage or get hate yourself, the movement bonus effect doesn't wear. Makes Carby Kiting much much easier :D

Good thing you can have more than one pair at a time, and that they're so cheap. I have a feeling I'm going to be going through a lot of them in the near future :lol::
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Ugh...been so busy haven't had time to do anything.

This weekend I plan on spending much time in campaign battles so I can hopefully get either 7/8 or 8/8 MP Merits finally and start working on Cure Cast Time Reduction and Regen Potency.

Saving Martyr and Devotion Cooldown reductions until later. 4+5 Merits each...I'd rather wait until later when I have the other stuff done. I prefer to get the little stuff done now so I feel like I'm accomplishing something.

I'm also going to hopefully get my Divine Magic Skill capped so I can use Repose.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Ding SAM32, finally leveling it for a sub :lol:
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Learned Dark Seal, and Diabolic Eye with my Dark Knight. Currently Dark Seal is a big plus, but Diabolic Eye seems nearly useless so far. Definately gonna merit those and Desperate blows to see if anything changes.
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Completed all the WotG missions so far.

As I type this Keavy is in Rolanberry Fields [S] doing Campaign. Hope to get my 7th MP Merit here soon.

As for other stuff, that'll have to wait. Beastmen are on the move and people need to be healed!

OK so adding Friday update. I logged in, decided to /shout for a 8-1 NM fight pickup group and got one. We owned the NM and decided to knock out 8-2. Owned that so we knocked out 9-1 and tomorrow afternoon (Because the tank was tired and BLU needed to go to sleep because of work) we'll do 9-2 and at long last I will be Rank 10!
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Jump Recast modification Level 2 :)

Thought COR needed a couple of new merits but turned out I bought them a while back so into Jump it went :lol:
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

despite work, im still here. i swear, dnc 16 and i got my last gold medal star thingy
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Windy Rank 10!

My second achievement for FFXI has been unlocked and my second goal in the game has been completed!

Now I have no excuse not to level RDM. Other than laziness.
Rishutlaw
Tomcat

Post by Rishutlaw »

Keavy wrote:Windy Rank 10!

My second achievement for FFXI has been unlocked and my second goal in the game has been completed!

Now I have no excuse not to level RDM. Other than laziness.
{Congradulations}

After you lvl Red Mage be sure not to forget about Scholar.
Kiraku: [lvl 44 SAM] [Lvl 33 MNK] [lvl 25 WAR] [lvl 15 BST] [lvl 10 BLM] [lvl 10 WHM] [lvl 21 THF]

[img]http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p192/okanestar789/Kir071223003827a.jpg[/img]
http://gamerhaven.forumotion.com/index.htm
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Rishutlaw wrote: {Congradulations}

After you lvl Red Mage be sure not to forget about Scholar.
Thank you!

I'm taking a day off from FFXI tomorrow. After all the FFXI I've played over the last two days (And my campaign binge earlier this week) I need a day off. Probably sleep in, spend time with friends, and watch some movies.

I've been thinking about finally leveling PLD to 75 after RDM and SCH. May get it up to 37 now since there's a tank drought and my Rank ups have me flush with cash.

Plus...It is (Technically) a RDM sub and I should get my RDM subs leveled. Also should level DRK, NIN, BLU, and BRD to 37 but out of those...DRK and BLU are the most likely to actually get leveled. NIN...maybe. BRD...no way in hell. I suck as BRD and find it incredibly boring which could explain my awful performance.

I could also squeeze DNC and SCH into that list of jobs to take to 37 but I don't know if I could mentally handle that much time in the dunes, Qufim, Jungles, and Citadel. My sanity's barely there as it is after 75 levels of WHM and people saying "Why are you enfeebling? White Mage uses Healing Magic, Keavy!!!*" (Bold emphasizes the stupid part.)

* In all honesty, I stopped Enfeebling around level 50 just to shut them up. :lol:
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Congratulations!

Nothing as exciting for me, helped friends in linkshell get soboro yesterday. We were all surprised at how well we did since we only went into it w/ 6 people at the start (more came later) and we'd all had bad experiences doing Soboro with 12+ people :lol:

Tossed another upgrade each into sword and dagger and helped a friend camp Adamantoise last night. It ended up being a ls event since we had everything we needed for sky pops but didn't have enough to actually fight any of the gods and I and the other officer were sick of farming dio/water so we went to help a friend (and ls member) camp the turtle for his last black belt item. Made a nice change from Sky for one night. Lost to a bot though :(

With your npc companion its entirely possible to solo and get chain 4s+ on most of those jobs you listed Keavy all the way to at least level 25. No need to party unless you want too. Also- unless you plan on playing RDM solo a lot there's no reason why you have to level the jobs that are used almost exclusively for DDing on RDM.

Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

ScarlettPheonix wrote:With your npc companion its entirely possible to solo and get chain 4s+ on most of those jobs you listed Keavy all the way to at least level 25. No need to party unless you want too. Also- unless you plan on playing RDM solo a lot there's no reason why you have to level the jobs that are used almost exclusively for DDing on RDM.
Thanks for the advice and as far as subs go I level anything I may need.

Who knows, I may level RDM through a combo of solo, Besieged, and Campaign. I honestly don't care much for parties and I would like to play RDM with more of a...how shall I put this...Melee aspect?

I have all my spells, staves, and gear I'll need to 75 as a Mage RDM so I'll have that open. Mainly I like to have options open to me.

While I love WHM my single biggest complaint was with how dependent I was on parties for exp. If no parties were running, I couldn't level.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Ding SAM33 :D
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Fire resist testing time~
Only had time to get a few shots and my gear isn't complete yet.
(Need some +1 here and there and some other spensive items.)

I haven't gotten good pics of everything but you can say my damage taken from the airborne Wyrm averages these numbers below.
Flame breath did about 100~200 damage where it hits people without resists get hit for about 5~900 damage.
And oops I see my Green ribbon got macrod out somewhere. :oops: