HA! I knew it!

A place to talk about... anything!
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

I thought everyone said the Simpsons Movie was disappointing :P I'm waiting for it to drop in price to get it :)
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Well everyone around here swore by it, so despite my better judgement I listened to them.

I have much regret.
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

The Simpsons Movie is, basically, a 90 minute episode of "The Simpsons" with more swearing, Homer flipping people off, and...male nudity.

Oh, I totally scored at Wal-Mart today. 2-Disc editions of "The Running Man" and "Blade Runner: The Final Cut" for $10! Blade Runner was marked at $15 but rang up for $5 so I consider that karma paying me back for being so damn nice to people lately.

Oh, by the way "Blade Runner: The Final Cut" is totally worth it at full price. The remastering looks and sounds fantastic and the changes are totally seamless. I heard the HD-DVD and Blu-Ray versions are also well worth it.

Personally I was a little worried about the Blu-Ray version being screwed up after what happened with the Blu-Ray of 300.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Simpsons has been going downhill after season 10 or so, with a few exceptions is hasn't been nearly as good as it used to be back in seasons 5-8ish :P

Spider Pig is genious though (from what I've seen of it) :P

I went DVD shopping, all DVDs I want are £15 so I only ended up buying Rush Hour 3 in the end :( (not as good as the first two)
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Interesting note, the "preview" you saw of spider pig, is literally all there is to it.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Yup, I found a place to stream the movie but the second part isn't up anymore so I only saw the first 30mins or so :(
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Hd-DVD just got a pretty severe blow dealt to it.

http://www.reuters.com/article/rbssCons ... 5420080104

I have to admit I am a bit surprised by this move. While I support blu-ray personally, I did not expect to see someone as large as WB move from dual format to exclusive so close on the heels of a major holiday, especially one where HD-DVD sold 90k players on the $100 deal.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Blu-Ray has lost as far as I'm concerned, if the advertisements are correct then the Transformers movie isn't available on Blu-Ray and therefore HD is the winner :lol:

(Sony totally bribed WB :P)

I'm sticking to good ol' regular DVDs anyways.
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Anyone who has seen 300 on Blu-Ray knows WB f***ed up royally by going Blu-Ray only.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Why's that? Something messed up with the quality on that one or something?

This! Is! Blu-Ray! :lol:
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Sugami wrote:Why's that? Something messed up with the quality on that one or something?

This! Is! Blu-Ray! :lol:
Black isn't black; its purple on the Blu-Ray version and there's also flicker issues. The DVD and HD-DVD versions are flawless which makes me wonder what happened.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Sure it wasn't just a dodgey disk? Did you try replacing it?
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

300 was a problem with the first batch of disks. Something got screwed up in the formatting. It has been corrected I believe, as I recently bought a copy and it works flawless.

However for the record, like it or lump it the format war is effectively over now. Hd-DVD has lost and barring a miracle there is no chance of them recovering from that much loss of potential market.

Transformers is coming out on Blu-Ray in march.
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: HA! I knew it!

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting