Yay for new PS3 game!

A place to talk about... anything!
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Yay for new PS3 game!

Post by Fiye »

Its been about... five days since the new Ratchet and Clank game came out. Now, I haven't tried any other PS3 besides Motorcross and Insomniac's other hit Fall of Resistance. Though, I gotta admit, I'm glued to it. Enough that I'm playing it on Challenge Mode (And trying to upgrade every gun to X.

Either way, see you all soon. I'm on a quick break from FFXI [Still burned out from it apparently x,x]
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

Useful PS3 games are even out?

Last console I bought was my computer, 7 years ago. My brother keeps up with the Console Wars. He has a PS3 and some racing game that came with it, but he says he's pretty much waiting for FFXIII. (Red-XIII cameo anyone?)

Only time I showed interest in the PS3 was earlier today, actually. Buzz about Portal and Valve's Orange Box got me thinking, I could get that for PS3 and try out Half Life 1&2 (Never played 1, so sue me.) and get the awesometacular Portal to boot.

A couple hours, several miles, and about 10 stores later some helpful employee at GameStop told me PS3 version was pushed back till early Dec. Looks like I'm in the same boat as my brother, waiting for the game to come out to establish the PS3 as a worthy console.

But hey, look at it this way, you can buy a PS3 and disassemble it, the blu-ray drive costs more then the PS3. I'm sure you can sell it piece by piece and make a profit if you really wanted.
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

Trust me, Ratchet and Clank is a gem in the current sea of vomit we call PS3 games. And the racing game is Motocross, which really, really sucks. Oh, and he can't install FFXI on that thanks to Sony going 'Backwards compatibility? Pffft, good luck'

But, I've loved the series since the first installment. Just think of a platforming game with some of best gun designs you can think of. Add in an RPG element (More stuff you kill with <x> gun, the bigger and better it becomes. Not to mention you get more health).

Valve's Orange Box is nice. I got it for the PC on Steam (Saved 15 dollars more by pre-ordering it on the PC) and the package was nice.

Though, Half-Life 1... its a real marvel. If you ever get the chance. GO on steam and BUY IT.
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Orange Box doesn't have Half Life 1 in it, unless they changed it for the PS3.

I got it for PS3, and it only has Half-Life 2, Half-Life 2: Episode One, Half-Life 2: Episode 2, Portal, and Team Fortress 2. I think TF2 and Portal were supposed to be the big "omg" games of the bunch, and I have to say Portal is extraordinarily fun and entertaining (if for no other reason than the computerized voice that talks through the whole thing), was short. I beat it in like 3 hours or so.

Team Fortress 2 on the other hand, is just sheer entertainment. Massive fire fests combined with rather off the wall characters = so much fun. :lol:
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

TF2 and Portal are basically the bonus games with the boxset, I'm not really a huge fan of Team Fortress anyways, I'd rather play Counter-Strike Source and that's saying a lot :?

Problem is you can only get Episode 2 with Orange Box, otherwise think the only other option is downloading it and I don't know about you but I prefer owning physical copies of my games.

I've yet to complete the original Half-Life 2 :lol: should really get around to that sometime :P

Soul Calibur 4 is a title to look forward to on PS3 (and 360) :)
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

Well, to be honest with you. I didn't like the Original Team Fortress much either. I tried it (And since it was free since I already had Half-Life 1) and didn't like it. It just had too much Half-Life 1 DNA to me.

They fixed EVERY complaint I had in TF1 in TF2. Even the grenades (Which were more of a pain than anything else I'd experienced). The characters just add very fun element to everything.

I'd say if you have a decent rig, buy the Orange Box for the PC. Since Portal and TF2's main benefit will be the additional player made content that will be released.

And also, buy Half-Life 1 off Steam. Its a good game with neat mods (Natural Selection is my favorite HL1 mod) and will last you awhile. Not to mention you'll see what happened at Black Mesa.
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

Mute point. I got frustrated by lack of cake and downloaded pirated Portal off bit-torrent megasite Pirate's Bay. I ran smack into large wall of OLD HARDWARE. >.<

It's been 7 or so years, need to upgrade my GeForce 4 MX card. It can't even play Oni for f***'s sake.
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

Eviticus wrote:It's been 7 or so years, need to upgrade my GeForce 4 MX card. It can't even play Oni for f***'s sake.
GeForce 4???

Alright... just to let you know, you're using a Direct 8 card. I used to have a GeForce 4600 that I ran Doom 3 on xDDDD
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Yeah, I have this thing called an "Xbox 360" and this other thing called a "PlayStation 2" and they play games.

Seriously!
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Yay for new PS3 game!

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Yay for new PS3 game!

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru