So... when I get back into FFXI

A place to talk about... anything!
Fiye
Captain Fiye

So... when I get back into FFXI

Post by Fiye »

I think I'm just going to sneak to another server. Anyone got room for a 75 WHM on their HNMLS or something?

I don't really care where. As long as it isn't a.) On Fairy and b.) Has some HNMLS activities that won't control your life 24/7.
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Re: So... when I get back into FFXI

Post by Keavy »

Fiye wrote:I think I'm just going to sneak to another server. Anyone got room for a 75 WHM on their HNMLS or something?

I don't really care where. As long as it isn't a.) On Fairy and b.) Has some HNMLS activities that won't control your life 24/7.
*Puts a "Full" sign up on Phoenix server*

Yeah, boy...we're packed in there like sardines *Laughs nervously* Good luck with one of the other servers. See you around!
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Many people don't act friendly once they know you're not originally from their server.
When moving servers don't expect to be accepted just anywhere.
Unless you have a couple of good friends on one in a good linkshell, it might be a bad idea to move.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

Really?

Haven't noticed that on Remora, its generally "Oh, really? Well, /welcome"

Could be because Remora has already been through two mass migrations already that the "native" Remorans like me are used to coming across people who were originally from different servers.

Anyway- if you wander over here my Sky shell will soon be starting up Dynamis and Limbus runs and there's no such thing as too many whms.

We're staying away from Kings though- the management seriously hates Kings :lol:
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Ambrey
Teh Sexeh

Post by Ambrey »

If your smart, you wont goto Remora. Its one of the biggest drama filled servers in FFXI, especially end game. Too many elitists, RMT and just loud mouth morons on the server.

I was originally from Alexander, if it hadn't been for the good friends I had made on Remora, I would almost be wishing I had stayed on Alexander.
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Unbaised much?

Remora is hardly the worst for drama. Asura and Midgar have always had Remora beat for that. And really, name me one server that hasn't had its share of drama between shells.

Honestly except for Apathy (and they're largely lol these days) there's not that much tension/drama between the various endgame shells I've come across. But like I said. my shell doesn't do Kings so it may be a bit different at the ground camps.

Also- the RMT presence in endgame is way way down, to the point of being nearly extinct in sky. Since getting back into Sky whenever my shell has done a run (during peak NA play times, btw) we're often either the only shell up there or one of maybe 3 legit shells very very rarely do we see more than that~ and we do runs 3-4 times a week so we're up there a lot. .
Last edited by ScarlettPheonix on Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

Keavy wrote:
*Puts a "Full" sign up on Phoenix server*!
I think I'm going to join Phoenix just to spite you, Keavy. :lol:
Shirai wrote:Many people don't act friendly once they know you're not originally from their server.
When moving servers don't expect to be accepted just anywhere.
Unless you have a couple of good friends on one in a good linkshell, it might be a bad idea to move.
*Points up to the top left* MithraPride FTW!!!!

But really? I never noticed that with Valefor. Some people were a bit put off but the sudden "Random people with damn awesome equipment", but it wasn't something where we were shouting "Get the fsck off this server and back to your own god damn one!".
ScarlettPheonix wrote:Anyway- if you wander over here my Sky shell will soon be starting up Dynamis and Limbus runs and there's no such thing as too many whms.

We're staying away from Kings though- the management seriously hates Kings :lol:
Thats... awesome. If I hit by Remora, and I think I might, I'll send you a /tell then.Though, before I do so... I gotta get my cape and belt from Ktjn.

Oh yes, whats the current rate of Ancient Beastcoins over there? I need to know if I should sell what I have right now, or keep 'em.

And if you want to know about drama. Just look at RedBranchTribe. I've gotten sick of it to the point where its like... I'll drop the pearl when such a thing happens.

I'm just looking for a server with a good amount of set up HNMLS activities. The best HNMLS on Valefor (Formerly Rare/Ex. Now just Rare) does so much crap it owns your life. And then you got linkshells like Midnightrun that I want to join up with (Due to the fact they're well established and I can't thanks to the fact I can't stay up that late. (I have to wake up at 5:00 A.M. Soon it'll be 6:00 if I can get out of band.) And then there's the shells that are beginning to start up, which Valefor is full of. (Shells such as TornadoLS, Dynastyz, RedBranchTribe, and etc...)

End-Game FFXI sucks because sometimes it feels more like a job. And at the same time, there's isn't enough to do. Its perhaps the oddest feeling I've ever gotten in an MMO because I've only hit end-game in this game.
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

As of tonight and the single shout I saw in whitegate~ 11k

I don't know the current bazaar price, but I'll ask around.

Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

>,> Damn!. I'm gonna have to sell if thats the real rate then. *Bought them for 15k+ on valefor*
Ambrey
Teh Sexeh

Post by Ambrey »

ScarlettPheonix wrote:Unbaised much?

Remora is hardly the worst for drama. Asura and Midgar have always had Remora beat for that. And really, name me one server that hasn't had its share of drama between shells.
You do know most of Remora's gil sellers originally came from Asura don't you? :lol:
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

*grabs a shotgun*

We have enough WHM's on Phoenix.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Yes, Ambrey and now they're gone. Say what you will, but SE has done a pretty decent job of taking care of the RMT in endgame.

Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

I am involved with two end game LSs on Garuda.

Their web site addresses:

http://www.oceanids.co.uk/phpbb3/phpbb3 ... 2df66d57c8

http://lordsofhydra.com/ Actually named Valor, and you won't be able to see the Valor forums section till you are accepted into the LS. /sigh

Both do all endgame activities with an emphasis on Sea, so you are not locked into camping things that spawn over an 8 hour window.

ABCs 10 - 11K on garuda mostly with the price occasionally going to 15.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Alexander is stuffed full of drama anymore. We've had quite a good number of people leave our server because of it, and our end-game is rediculous.

Finale, ICBM, Claimed, and Infusion, are the four big shells, ranking in current "top dog" status, respectively. I was once with Finale, but an argument with some of the more elitist asses in the shell caused me to get infuriated past my patience, and I dropped the shell. Also, end-game (at least ground based end-game), is heavily botted on Alexander. If your shell has no botters, you'll get 1 out of maybe every 20 or 30 pops, if you're lucky.
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

Oh my god...

<3 Valour's Karma system. EXACTLY what I was looking for.

Wait... *Looks at core time* fsck! GMT *Cries*.

Their core time is pretty much 7/9 A.M. - 4 P.M. PDT.

Fail!
______

Thanks for the warning on Alexander. I'm not interested in a overcamped server. (Especially over bot camped.)

Looks like I'm going to Phoenix Keavy :lol:

But really, how often does the HNMLS you're in do events. I saw your post about the fact that your LS does Sky every-other day (Something I'm not fond of, but since I need Zenith armor... ONWARD!). Will they be replacing Sky days with other events? Or will they just squeeze everything in much to my disgust. And, what is the penalty for not attending Sky camps. Like... lets say I D/C have way through my 3rd sky camp for the day, and attend the 4th. Do I get a penalty for such a thing? Because in RBT, I got fucked for D/Cing at the last 30 minutes of a SKy camp (After being there for about 5 hours).

I know its a bit of an annoyance, but since RBT is the only real HNMLS I've been in... I gotta make sure I don't encounter the same horrible mistakes again. (Dynastyz just reeked of failure)
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Fiye wrote:<3 Valour's Karma system. EXACTLY what I was looking for.

Wait... *Looks at core time* fsck! GMT *Cries*.

Their core time is pretty much 7/9 A.M. - 4 P.M. PDT.
Sorry, I forgot to mention that for some strange reason (like perhaps not having a 9 - 5) I got involved with two EU - British Isles based LSs.

Wherever you wind up, good hunting and best fishes.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Okuza
Feral Cat

Post by Okuza »

ScarlettPheonix wrote:Yes, Ambrey and now they're gone. Say what you will, but SE has done a pretty decent job of taking care of the RMT in endgame.
From my point of view, what they did was get rid of the 24x7 sky farmers and gut the economy. Better than doing nothing, but they still continue to support the claim-bot crowd by putting the most valuable items on game-spawned critters. When pressed about the claim-bot problem they run and hide, "We have a task force that will take care of that if you call a GM." The one interviewer that managed to corner them finally got them to say "Well, there's really no way to detect a claim bot".
xaresity
Queen Cat

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting