Update details!

A place to talk about... anything!
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Sugami wrote: Like hell they didn't! Years of elite snobbery and trolling through other people's forums just to slap their epeens in their face has come 180 and bit them on the ass.
The snobbery actually came from the huge lack of invites on MNKs pre-Aht uhrgan.
Most exp party never wanted mnks and Manaburn was also on the rise.
Those manaburn parties came when a lot of people jumped on the BLM bandwagon to get into an HNM/Endgame LS so there were more blms then parties needing them.
Manaburn proved that there could be good exp made without having a main tank in a party as long as you could keep taking damage to a minimum.
People also discovered that bones in KRT took extra damage from blunt/h2h damage and they invented the mnk burns in King ranperre's tomb to counter their extreme lack of invites.
People seeing how much and how fast exp could be made from that they all jumped on the MNK bandwagon.
Other people saw what kind of exp could be made of that and started to experiment themselves with similar burn parties with monks going krt only and blms going manaburn only.
And don't get me started about Ammoburns with rangers and sam/rng.
At one point these were the most powerful jobs in game.
(Sam still is imho.)
Only a short while later the dual wield burns started and the traditional Renkei -> Magic Burst parties became obsolete.
A whole lot of jobs got excluded because of this.
And with the TP burn hype MNK (also WAR, SAM, Dual Wield DRKs, and NIN) became very popular jobs in exp.
This is where we are now.

Now the 2 handed weapons are getting a workout (Long overdue I must add.)
SE however made the mistake of boosting 2 handed jobs a whee bit too much changing the game mechanics a bit too drasticly.
We've had a lot of different types of party systems in this game, we've all called a lot of jobs snobby and overpowered at some point.
SE has always tried to change those things to balance it out with other melee jobs by either boosting some abilities or nerving other.
They are going to fix this hopefully on a positive situation for all jobs.
But that's a tough job to do!
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Okuza
Feral Cat

Post by Okuza »

The 2H-weapons definitely needed a fix, but they didn't need what they got. The reason that 2H weapons "sucked" prior to the patch was that attributes (str, dex, acc, atk) had TOO MUCH of an effect on the damage you did with a melee weapon. In general, the lower your delay on your weapons and the faster you hit, the more your overall damage-per-second went up.

The fix they put in was just DUMB. They went and made attributes have even more of an effect on 2H-weapons. They should have given the weapon's base damage more weight instead instead of screwing around with attribute effects. Attributes are so important for 2H weapons now, that I wonder just how much difference there really is between a "nice" 2H'er and a "cheap" one.

The really insane part of the "2H fix" was that they made 1 DEX = 1 ACC for 2H-weapons. That right there is just outrageous. It means you basically don't need +acc gear any more at all while using a 2H-weapon. It's like acc+40 for free at 75 -- having the effects of a sushi active when no food has been eaten.

I have a strong suspicion that the dex/acc change for 2H won't be removed. I doubt most people are complaining about it. I think all but a few are just whining about how the DD-pecking order got flipped upside down. That's a trivial aspect of the change compared to what will happen if the dex=acc for 2H is left in the game.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Well it wasn't on the Euro POL site at least :oops:

According to a JP translated doodars it seems the way the top end damage is calculated is wrong, which is why critical hits are pretty identical to regular hits if you throw enough Attack into the mix and a SAM's WS isn't any better with SA.

They didn't say anything about accuracy so the DEX == Acc is probably here to stay.

Quite frankly, I don't care where the snobbery stems from. They acted like elite asshats and now it has turned around and kicked them in the nuts, kudos.
It is very well deserved, maybe next time they'll think twice about acting like a complete douche.

All those elitest WARs are just lucky they have Great Axe now. The elitest asshats probably never leveled it so bet they're having fun leveling it now.

For the record Dual Wielding DRKs was retarded and now obviously even more retarded. A B- or C+ skill isn't gonig to hold a candle to an A+. In fact I laugh at all those WAR-wannabe DRKs putting merits into Axe, now it's completely useless. Good job!

Still haven't a clue why they buffed the most powerful WS in the game, that really needs to be addressed.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

A report from the field:

My melee kitty is SAM 75. She and another SAM were compairing notes in Dynamis. He is well merited, she barely is. Yes they were both using the Axe Grip. (Is there any other one for SAM?)

At the high end he was doing 60%+ more WS damage, she was doing maybe 40% more. While he has better WS gear, it isn't all that much better. Conclusion? Must merit her more very soon.

They not only made the top three SAM WSs more powerful, they nerfed them at the same time. They used to have elemental attribuites, now they do elemental damage. And WSs with elemental damage do not stack with SA. If you need to dump all that hate on someone, well is is not going to be while using the SAM's three most damaging WSs.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Tsybil wrote:A report from the field:

My melee kitty is SAM 75. She and another SAM were compairing notes in Dynamis. He is well merited, she barely is. Yes they were both using the Axe Grip. (Is there any other one for SAM?)

At the high end he was doing 60%+ more WS damage, she was doing maybe 40% more. While he has better WS gear, it isn't all that much better. Conclusion? Must merit her more very soon.

They not only made the top three SAM WSs more powerful, they nerfed them at the same time. They used to have elemental attribuites, now they do elemental damage. And WSs with elemental damage do not stack with SA. If you need to dump all that hate on someone, well is is not going to be while using the SAM's three most damaging WSs.
Um...I believe Trick Attack still works, even if Sneak Attack does not. ^^;;
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Yup it does.

Oh I guess that's why they buffed them then. It actually kinda makes it easier for them to close SC now, doesn't matter what way the mob is facing they can still plant hate on the tank.

lolMNK
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

But SAMs always could seperate TA and SA.

The game was line up, meditate, TA WS, run behind, SA WS, or the other way around. WITH AF helm and AFv2 hands you get 140TP minimum for Meditate.

The SA first gave you hate to plant on the tank.

But with the new changes, I guess SAMs don't need to gain hate. :lol: :lol:
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

Never really did....

SAM/wars (and DRK/wars) have always been hate-stealers and MP sinks especially if they were getting Hasted in exp.
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

ScarlettPheonix wrote:SAM/wars (and DRK/wars) have always been hate-stealers and MP sinks especially if they were getting Hasted in exp.
Sneaky ways mages can slow parties down:

#1 Haste the MNK, SAM, or DRK. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I flat refused to Haste anyone but the Tank in EXP parties.

My melee kitty always said "No Haste please" in EXP parties and would cancel it if Hasted.

ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

I'm the same way. I've had more than one pissed off party member because I refused to haste him because he was becoming an mp sink. :lol:

Tanks and DDs who needed it to be part of a SC or who shed it some way (DRG and THF especially) I would try to keep hasted, but the days of having to worry about SCs are long gone now /sigh

Same goes for BLMs- if they were taking way way too much hate or deliberately overwriting Dia to skill up Dark with Bio, they got to deal without Refresh. I'm so mean sometimes hehe :P
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

ScarlettPheonix wrote:I'm the same way. I've had more than one pissed off party member because I refused to haste him because he was becoming an mp sink. :lol:

Tanks and DDs who needed it to be part of a SC or who shed it some way (DRG and THF especially) I would try to keep hasted, but the days of having to worry about SCs are long gone now /sigh

Same goes for BLMs- if they were taking way way too much hate or deliberately overwriting Dia to skill up Dark with Bio, they got to deal without Refresh. I'm so mean sometimes hehe :P
Dear BLM using Bio for Dark skillups,

Drain says hello.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

There are a few jobs and job combos I flatly refuse to haste.
RNG for example has no benefit at all from haste.
If a MNK aint subbing nin he can cry all he want but he won't get haste from me.
SAM make TP fast enough by themselves without haste from us.
Usually I haste every other melee I can in exp, but when he/she becomes a Manasponge I stop hasting them.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

I get the occasional Haste on my COR and I tell them it's wasted on me :lol: the only thing it really helps is my Utsusemi timer when pulling and I can usually blink tank until my Sleep/Light Shot is ready okay without it :P
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Update details!

Post by xaresity »

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо