Evi's CoP

A place to talk about... anything!
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Evi's CoP

Post by Eviticus »

Seeing as we do CoP every night in my static, I felt like I was spamming the accomplishment thread. I'll continue updates here.

CoP 'Three Paths', Ulmia's Path, Mithran Trackers BC.

Nin/War, Rdm/Whm, Brd/Whm, War/Thf, Mnk/War, Pup/War. Our plan was to have the Nin solo one, the Pup(me) solo another, the Mnk and War beat on a third. Mnk and war finish up, and help me, then we go help the Nin. Brd keeps pets slept, and we all hope for the best. We run in after much discussion, and promptly get owned in the face. Hard. Like, minute and a half total wipe. What went wrong?

The mithran trackers (Shikaree X-Bst/Nin with daggers, Shikaree Y-Drk/Mnk with scythe, and Shikaree Z-Drg/Whm with lance) somewhat share hate. They also have a permanent Meditate effect, can use any WS which includes the quested ones, like Impulse Drive and Evisceration. Also, sleep lasts for....oh...1 second if that. (There is an item called Black Siredon you can use on them which screws over their Meditate for a while, I forgot to use that.)

So we enter, buff, go over strategy again, then charge. I approch Y (The Drk). Send my pet after her which silences her, I voke, and she hits me once, then again which crits. Ow, already 250 damage taken .>.< Mean kitty. Then, she promptly ignores me. She runs off towards our War. I turn to follow and notice ALL the trackers are on our war. And they're all SC-ing on her. Needless to say, she goes down fast and we all follow.

We pop out dead, reraise, and I'm irked. I voked 3 times while pounding Y in the back with berserk on, she never even turned around until our tanks were dead and it was my time to get 5 SC's up the side of the skull. Unfair, totally. How are you supposed to keep anyone short of a 2hr-ing Pld alive when you have 3 mithra pounding away with a SC every 10 seconds? Hate control seemed impossible.

We're discussing this in the Boneyard Gully, just outside the BC. We come up with a new plan. We have enough Blackened Miredon or whatever and meds to try again. Side note, before this I bought a hi-potion tank, and dispensed 13 hi potions. I didn't want to die. Besides, Hi pots sell for 700 gil, but 4.4k for 20 out of the tank. It was a great deal.

Anyways, new plan was to sleep them and just have the mnk 2hr on X, the Bst/Nin. They said that when we wiped earlier she was at 5%, so they think we can take her down fast. After that, there should be less of them so it'd be easier. Not much of a plan, but it's something.

So we run in, buff, charge. I -remember- to use that newt thingy against Y, the Drk, so she holds off on the WS's for a bit. In fact, Voke actually landed and she paid attention to me for a bit. Then I remembered we were supposed to kill X. So I switch targets and she;s already half dead. In fact, due to the shared hate, X goes down at the same time our monk does. So we switch to Y and start fighting. Halfway through, or bard drops due to Z's Wyvern. We take Y down despite Blood Weapon.

Then things get scarey. We start attacking Z, the Drg, but our Rdm dies from X's Rabbit. We have no healers, at all.....except, my puppet! Despite the fact our war and nin are still alive, I voke and take over roll of tank. Z's happy to oblige, as she starts unloading every WS in the book at me. Oh, and one bad thing. Killing two mithran trackers does not prevent the third from skillchaining. She just cheats and skillchains with herself. Like a Sam on crack. She did Compression and Impaction on me I know. I counted one penta, one skewer, and 2-3 Impulse Drives, not sure if there was more to that.

Pup/war, I tanked her from 75% all the way to her death (burned 12 hi pots, but meh, I bought them for a reason.) F'ing Go Pup! New Title, Delta Enforcer.
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

O,O Damn! That must have been fun. I remember when I did that. I had 2 BLMs and a SMN to use.

I did the cheating way. Sent in SMN to 2HR with the proper day/avatar, and then had a BLM Sleepga + ES. Summoner healed MP, and then did another 2HR, which led to them being hurt quite a bit.

By now, things had gotten hectic. Since one of them woke up, so we sent out PLD at her as the SMN regained MP. Well, it was to late. They all woke up. So I called out one line that might have killed us.

"AoE them BLMs!"

And they followed. Tossing their strongest AoE spells at Y before our summoner came in with a final 2HR. Which didn't kill them.

So, we're left with two, our PLD is dead, and all we have is a RDM, WHM 2x BLM, and SMN. No one that could really attempt to tank.

So enough, the AoE's brought them down. And we went 1/5 on that BCNM. 1/1 on my Strategy.

Oh yes, and GOOD NEWS. I'm in the fucking Palace of Hell!

Got 6-4 through 8-1 done in twelve hours.

Airship took four hours. By the time we were on our 3rd run. The Mammets went down easier than hell.

Third run Omega went down to 45% before we wiped... scattered across the land.

Fourth run we beat Omega to 35%, before we wiped twice to his little AoE Guiding Missile.

Fifth run we beat Omega with 26 minutes to spare, and proceeded to beat the crap out of Ultima, before we wiped. We got up, 2HRed and CCBed that piece of sh*t to hell.

We made it...

with 33 seconds to spare.

So, we go through the CSes. Wait another hour because someone accidentally went into the ENM back when they did 5-3 and were late to Cid. Once that was done we took down all the NMs. The Cryptonberries being the most pain in the ass.

Once that was over, we skipped our happy way to Tenzen. Where we lost twice. Thanks to the Cosmic Escalation 4th level SC. Godofmagic had this to say about it.

"I thought it'd look prettier and not... evil!"

Well, the fights a bunch of bull sh*t, and I decide to go to COR. I pop a wild card and got to 4/5 on good rolls. I got a 6 and everyone cheered.

THen it was back to Tenzen, where we properly served his ass in 7 minutes.

After that.... we got Sea. We ran around. Max got eaten by a UFO. Or as the JP call it {Up} {Take Care}. And our BST was able to run away from a Shark.

So, we got a bright idea. Lets do 8-1! We ran to one of the crystals, and Max decides to pop it early. We wiped, I R3 everyone, and while we're sitting around, a group of JP guys appear out of nowhere!

After a breif moment of exchange, I convince the foreigners from another universe to unite powers with us, and we promptly move to kick some ass.

Apparently, I didn't have to toss a single cure! (Much, much joy)

So, I've managed to catch up with my Static.

Hopefully I'll get my ring soon.

Edit: And my favorite quote of the day. "We can't just kick 'em in the nuts when he's down like Ultima. No... we'll lose! We gotta elbow him in the face, punch him in the guy, and then kick him in the nuts before he can do anything!" Me talking to my party about the Tenzen fight.. after we failed twice.
Eviticus

Post by Eviticus »

Next up we ready ourselves to fight the Snoll Tzar. For those of you who have not fought him, here's the tricky part. From the second he aggros anyone in the BC, you have 45 seconds to kill him. There is an item called Shu'meyo Salt which will extend this time by 21sec, and every member can use it once I think.

Anyways, 60 cap. We go in Drg/Samx2, Mnk/War, War/Sam, Rdm/Blm, Whm/Brd. We aim for overkill, because reportedly this guy hits very hard. With no specific tank, we aim to just run in and pound him. We have 30 min in the BC itself, so we enter and every frontline person except the Mnk meditates to 300tp. Monk boosts 9 times, chi blasts, and we engage.

My plan was engage, Penta Thrust, Meditate, Jump, High Jump, Spirit Surge, Jump, High Jump, Penta Thrust, Icarus Wing, Penta Thrust.

Well, I run in and WS, and of course I get hate. In two hits he has me to half hp, and I panic and hit Super Jump. The graphic glitches and it doesn't show me going up into the sky(but still erases my hate). Not knowing what's going on, I spam the button for a sec but it isn't working. I hit my 2 jumps, forgeting about meditate, and they do not fire off(because it still thinks I'm in the sky for Super Jump). Meanwhile, everyone's 2hring. (300tp Raging Rush while under Mighty Strikes did 1017 damage.)

I eventually get my jumps to fire, 2hr, and double jump again, fire off my penta. Shock amaze and suprise, the thing drops 5 sec later. Win time, about 30sec long fight. Huh. I never even got to use my Icarus wing. >.> People normally say bring Smn or something to 2hr on it. Why bother? Drg ftw.
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.

ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

A lot of jobs can kick some serious ass in Snoll. I've gone in with RNGs, WARs, MNKs, DRGs, SAMs and done well. RDM is another favorite to take on my server too- go in, chainspell, Fire II until dead. :lol:
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Okuza
Feral Cat

Post by Okuza »

One trick for the 3 Mithra fight is to pull them away from their spawn points (pretty far away), fight and kill at least one (hopefully 2), then let them walk back to spawn point. Stand up (RR), then kill the remainder.

IIRC, you can sleep the pets, but one of the mithra can wake her pet back up. Sorry, forgot which one that is (bst with reward maybe?). Most folks use SMN or BLM to AE them all down, but partial win, wipe, full-win works well, too.

There are a number of other PMs where partial-win, wipe, stand, full-win is one of the accepted working strategies (like the 6 pot fight in sea -- 8-4?). If y'all always bring RR items and are good at picking your fight & death spots, this particular strat will always be available to you if you need it.

--

Snoll is just a crazy fight. Everyone uses very different methods on that one. Our group had a lot of RDM, so we used gravity&heals from one RDM, then chainspell nuking with grav/heals from the other RDM while first chainspelled. Rest of us just did our best max-DD method.
Eviticus

Post by Eviticus »

Woo, this hasn't been updated in a bit. Mostly cause we've taken a break from doing a mission every night. People had to leave for 4th of July, family and friends. People wanted to farm or level subs or mains and such stuff. I've personally gotten Pup from 65 to 67. 3 more and I can use my O-hat. ^.^

Anyways, about CoP, the last BC we had on the Three Paths series of fights was called the Moblin BC. Your party versus a Rdm, Blm, Whm and Thf Moblin and a War-Mnk Bugbear. I forget who all was gonna do what, but our Bst was gonna keep the Bugbear occupied while I soloed the Thf as 60Drg/Blm, and the rest were going to be soloed and such, while our rdm kited one and whm healed whoever needed it. We heard it wasn't too hard of a fight compared with the Mithran Trackers and such, but we prepared for the worst.

lol

We rushed in and assaulted our pre-determined gobbies. I was being hit for 60-80 I think, which internally made me wince. However 75% through the fight with him, he drops a bomb on his foot and hits me for like 300 damage. Eh, mines' down, off to the next one. >.> We got that BC wiped up fast, never even had to use a hi-pot.

Soon we'll be farming chips for our CCB Polymer Pumps. I've seen all my CS's. The Airship fight is up soon. This will be a true test for us, we stand or fall on this next fight.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

Good luck on that.

Farming for CCBs is not fun. 2 of the chips are fairly easy to get- its the one from the damned mimic thats a pain in the ass.

Depending on the price of the polymer on your server you might want to consider just farming for the funds to buy enough for your Airship run, which is what my group did when we did it. The going rate at the time was 200k each- now they sell for 35k or so on my server.
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Okuza
Feral Cat

Post by Okuza »

I liked the Moblin BC -- it's just about right for a mission difficulty, IMHO. It's pretty easy compared to other PMs, but it gives a well prepared group a fun fight without requiring a perfect job mix or excessive effort.

The airship is another fun one. You need good planning for that. Remember to give your CCB's to non-tanks. Using one results in a rather long spell and JA lockout similar to the one you get after using an empress ring. Combine this with the hate reset move and the critters can own your DD and support before the tanks can voke it back.
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Evi's CoP

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Evi's CoP

Post by xaresity »

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт